Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 21:16 Quote
dkidd wrote:
sosburn wrote:
alright i hate to be that guy but im gonna do it anyways. i need some "what should i buy" advice.

Ive been riding my hightower LT for the last 1.5 years, and i love it, but recently i think ive fallen into a bit of a weird funk where im just not as stoked on it. I had actually ordered and received a megatower frame, but ended up returning it as there were a lot of negative reviews regarding the rear suspension from pb and various friends. i also needed money for school so returning the megatower freed some up.
My issue now is i have about ~$2k. i'm wanting to either retire my hightower frame and buy a Ripmo AF, or keep my hightower frame, buy a Trust Shout fork, since i figure if i like it i'll keep it and if i don't, i can use ye olde 30-day money back guarantee.
or i guess i can just stop riding for a little while and try getting something like a forbidden druid next year.
In 2 months there's probably gonna be a pretty game changing mid travel bike available, so holding off for a bit might be real wise.

but from WHOM

WAIT hold up is Norco making an HSP trail bike???

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 21:32 Quote
Need some advice folks. Building up a black Knolly Carbon Warden. I have a black with green accents DVO diamond going on the front. Here is the problem - I F#$^ckin hate the Lime Green DVO puts on everything. Anyone ever see anyone match another colour with the green so that it looks good? It seems to me that as soon as you put the DVO green on anything, you can't put any other colours on the bike.

Thoughts???

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 21:45 Quote
reedholden wrote:
Need some advice folks. Building up a black Knolly Carbon Warden. I have a black with green accents DVO diamond going on the front. Here is the problem - I F#$^ckin hate the Lime Green DVO puts on everything. Anyone ever see anyone match another colour with the green so that it looks good? It seems to me that as soon as you put the DVO green on anything, you can't put any other colours on the bike.

Thoughts???

looks good with blue parts. try to colormatch their blue fork they were putting on their Giant/DVO team builds

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 22:14 Quote
reedholden wrote:

Thoughts???
Some oranges or gold looks good with it.

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 3:36 Quote
sosburn wrote:
dkidd wrote:
sosburn wrote:
alright i hate to be that guy but im gonna do it anyways. i need some "what should i buy" advice.

Ive been riding my hightower LT for the last 1.5 years, and i love it, but recently i think ive fallen into a bit of a weird funk where im just not as stoked on it. I had actually ordered and received a megatower frame, but ended up returning it as there were a lot of negative reviews regarding the rear suspension from pb and various friends. i also needed money for school so returning the megatower freed some up.
My issue now is i have about ~$2k. i'm wanting to either retire my hightower frame and buy a Ripmo AF, or keep my hightower frame, buy a Trust Shout fork, since i figure if i like it i'll keep it and if i don't, i can use ye olde 30-day money back guarantee.
or i guess i can just stop riding for a little while and try getting something like a forbidden druid next year.
In 2 months there's probably gonna be a pretty game changing mid travel bike available, so holding off for a bit might be real wise.

but from WHOM

WAIT hold up is Norco making an HSP trail bike???

I know one brand will be bringing a mid travel HSP 29er out, hopefully by the end of this month, with delivery in the new year. It’s not Norco.

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 6:34 Quote
I've heard the new Sight will be very rad.

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 7:27 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
I've heard the new Sight will be very rad.
yes

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 8:18 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
If a change of scenery is all ya need, you're welcome to come up to Ashland for a weekend, got room for you to crash and some amazing trails.
If I were headed to Ashland for only one day of riding, what would you suggest?

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 8:32 Quote
Haven't posted this in a while, got my hands on a used Lyrik RCT3 from B&S here on pb. Came in 180 so I threw in the new debon air shaft and lowered it to 170. "Overforking" my Swoop by 10mm, putting it at 63.5ºF/74.5ºR and raised the bb to a -10mm drop. Feels really good with jut a couple of rides on it so far!

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 9:01 Quote
How u finding the jade?

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 10:15 Quote
@titaniumtit:
It's been really really great over the almost two years I've had it. Pretty much followed DVO's "Base tune" for my weight (can be found on their tech-site) and I've pretty much kept it there since. Slowed rebound down a tad and added a little LSC for pedal platform but other than that it's been "Set and forget"! Tons of grip, plenty of pop when needed and it does its job superbly and silently.

Ridden both the Vivid R2C and DHX2 and it's easily as good or better as both of them.

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 10:33 Quote
@xviggenx Nice build! Looks like alot of fun. What cranks are those?

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 10:37 Quote
Middleburn cranks. A British classic

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 14:23 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
@xviggenx Nice build! Looks like alot of fun. What cranks are those?

Thanks! They are indeed Middleburn, British classic brought back by BETD Components. These are their RS8-X. Your standard 24mm axle thingys, can be run with their 4-bolt 104bcd spider, sram xx1 compatible spider or their own direct mount rings.

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 15:57 Quote
reximus42 wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
If a change of scenery is all ya need, you're welcome to come up to Ashland for a weekend, got room for you to crash and some amazing trails.
If I were headed to Ashland for only one day of riding, what would you suggest?

Shuttle laps down into town.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019778
Mobile Version of Website