Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Author Message
Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 16:19 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
reximus42 wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
If a change of scenery is all ya need, you're welcome to come up to Ashland for a weekend, got room for you to crash and some amazing trails.
If I were headed to Ashland for only one day of riding, what would you suggest?

Shuttle laps down into town.
+100000

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 9:32 Quote
sosburn wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:
reximus42 wrote:

If I were headed to Ashland for only one day of riding, what would you suggest?

Shuttle laps down into town.
+100000

Ashland Mountain Adventures shuttles people to the top of Mt. Ashland and then you can ride down time warp, Catwalk, Lizard, Jabberwocky, and a few others that will spit you out in downtown Ashland. You can also drive to Four Corners Trail Head, hit all minus Time Warp, or for a shorter ride drive to White Rabbit Trail Head, do laps on Lizard, or shuttle Alice in Wonderland/BTI.

If not planning on shuttling, I’d say park at the top of Lithia Park, there’s a gravel lot where Jabberwocky and BTI spit you out, and then pedal from there up Ashland Loop Rd. Four Corners is a pretty rough climb but doable and I highly recommend making it there, but at least make it to Lamb Saddle and do Lizard and Jabberwocky. Feel free to message me if you have anymore questions.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 0:33 Quote
My shop swapped all my parts over today and I got to take my new ride out.
Knolly Warden Carbon Mullet.
DVO Diamond at 150mm - the green doesn't bug me as much on this bike as it did on the last one it was on
guide RSC brakes and XX1 shifting
My 150mm Reverb died so I have my old 125 on there
I have a king front hub laced to a derby rim. The matching rear won't fit on here so I threw in a mismatched purple hope pro 4 with flow rim. Gotta rebuild the king hub up with a 27.5 derby when I get a chance.
Turbine cranks with oval absolute black ring
SDG Bel Air Ti Saddle
Easton Stem and RF SixC bar/ESI grips
Gonna dump the blue rotors when they are done for black or silver I think

Knolly Warden Mullet

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 7:34 Quote
Looks rad! The seatpost angle looks giant reign slack though..

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 8:31 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Looks rad! The seatpost angle looks giant reign slack though..

Thanks. The knolly bikes have the bb way behind the seaport insertion. It feels weird to look at but pedals pretty well the STA is the big compromise with the mullet. I figure it is 73-74 effective

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 9:01 Quote
So that's pretty much identical to Reign territory. I used to ride a reign, and to be honest it never bothered me..but I'm only 5'10". If I were 6'2" maybe I would have struggled more with it. Regardless, that Knolly looks like a very fun bike!

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 9:16 Quote
Green looks fine

I would if thought a green diamond woulda looked sic on this frame

A lotta dollar in this no doubt but is it a 29er up front??????

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 13:34 Quote
reedholden wrote:
My shop swapped all my parts over today and I got to take my new ride out.
Knolly Warden Carbon Mullet.
DVO Diamond at 150mm - the green doesn't bug me as much on this bike as it did on the last one it was on
guide RSC brakes and XX1 shifting
My 150mm Reverb died so I have my old 125 on there
I have a king front hub laced to a derby rim. The matching rear won't fit on here so I threw in a mismatched purple hope pro 4 with flow rim. Gotta rebuild the king hub up with a 27.5 derby when I get a chance.
Turbine cranks with oval absolute black ring
SDG Bel Air Ti Saddle
Easton Stem and RF SixC bar/ESI grips
Gonna dump the blue rotors when they are done for black or silver I think

Knolly Warden Mullet

Almost did this to my warden when i changed my fork how do you like the mullet so far?

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 13:54 Quote
sosburn wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
If a change of scenery is all ya need, you're welcome to come up to Ashland for a weekend, got room for you to crash and some amazing trails.

YES you already know im gonna be up there for a weekend in the next few months

Dudes. Gonna be in Ashland Tuesday and Wednesday if anyones down for a lap.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 13:54 Quote
marcoroy wrote:
reedholden wrote:
My shop swapped all my parts over today and I got to take my new ride out.
Knolly Warden Carbon Mullet.
DVO Diamond at 150mm - the green doesn't bug me as much on this bike as it did on the last one it was on
guide RSC brakes and XX1 shifting
My 150mm Reverb died so I have my old 125 on there
I have a king front hub laced to a derby rim. The matching rear won't fit on here so I threw in a mismatched purple hope pro 4 with flow rim. Gotta rebuild the king hub up with a 27.5 derby when I get a chance.
Turbine cranks with oval absolute black ring
SDG Bel Air Ti Saddle
Easton Stem and RF SixC bar/ESI grips
Gonna dump the blue rotors when they are done for black or silver I think

Knolly Warden Mullet

Almost did this to my warden when i changed my fork how do you like the mullet so far?

The build was free as it all swapped from this, so it didn't really cost me much.
Kona Ti Honzo Chris King Derby Race Face and Cromag bits with a circa 1990 Flite Saddle.
I only demoed the warden for 30mins once before and that was a year ago so I cannot comment on how the mullet compares to non-mullet but I did mullet the honzo and loved it so I didn't even hesitate when building this one. Only one ride on it but I love it. The 150/150 is balanced and probably feels less "squishy" when getting out of the saddle doing tech climbs etc than it would with a 170x27.5 set up. This being said, the big front wheel makes a big difference with rolling over chunder and provides better traction cornering. If you have a spare 29er set at 150 with a 29er wheel lying around, I highly recommend trying this out.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 14:32 Quote
reedholden wrote:
marcoroy wrote:
reedholden wrote:
My shop swapped all my parts over today and I got to take my new ride out.
Knolly Warden Carbon Mullet.
DVO Diamond at 150mm - the green doesn't bug me as much on this bike as it did on the last one it was on
guide RSC brakes and XX1 shifting
My 150mm Reverb died so I have my old 125 on there
I have a king front hub laced to a derby rim. The matching rear won't fit on here so I threw in a mismatched purple hope pro 4 with flow rim. Gotta rebuild the king hub up with a 27.5 derby when I get a chance.
Turbine cranks with oval absolute black ring
SDG Bel Air Ti Saddle
Easton Stem and RF SixC bar/ESI grips
Gonna dump the blue rotors when they are done for black or silver I think

Knolly Warden Mullet

Almost did this to my warden when i changed my fork how do you like the mullet so far?

The build was free as it all swapped from this, so it didn't really cost me much.
Kona Ti Honzo Chris King Derby Race Face and Cromag bits with a circa 1990 Flite Saddle.
I only demoed the warden for 30mins once before and that was a year ago so I cannot comment on how the mullet compares to non-mullet but I did mullet the honzo and loved it so I didn't even hesitate when building this one. Only one ride on it but I love it. The 150/150 is balanced and probably feels less "squishy" when getting out of the saddle doing tech climbs etc than it would with a 170x27.5 set up. This being said, the big front wheel makes a big difference with rolling over chunder and provides better traction cornering. If you have a spare 29er set at 150 with a 29er wheel lying around, I highly recommend trying this out.

Was that a 28t ring on the kona? So tiny!!!

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 17:38 Quote
dkidd wrote:
sosburn wrote:
StUone7 wrote:
If a change of scenery is all ya need, you're welcome to come up to Ashland for a weekend, got room for you to crash and some amazing trails.

YES you already know im gonna be up there for a weekend in the next few months

Dudes. Gonna be in Ashland Tuesday and Wednesday if anyones down for a lap.

f*ck. I was down in Temecula for a wedding, now in Pismo, and won’t be back up until Wednesday or Thursday.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 18:57 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
dkidd wrote:
sosburn wrote:


YES you already know im gonna be up there for a weekend in the next few months

Dudes. Gonna be in Ashland Tuesday and Wednesday if anyones down for a lap.

f*ck. I was down in Temecula for a wedding, now in Pismo, and won’t be back up until Wednesday or Thursday.
Dang

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 20:44 Quote
wrote:
wrote:

Was that a 28t ring on the kona? So tiny!!!

I was living in Nelson. If you can climb everything in Nelson on a 29er with a 32chainring and 42biggest cog, you are an ANIMAL!!!!!! I am mortal it turns out.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 20:46 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
reedholden wrote:

Was that a 28t ring on the kona? So tiny!!!

I was living in Nelson. If you can climb everything in Nelson on a 29er with a 32chainring and 42biggest cog, you are an ANIMAL!!!!!! I am mortal it turns out.

I’m mortal too, the 28t has been on my mind... I just haven’t committed yet.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022895
Mobile Version of Website