Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Nov 10, 2019 at 19:09 Quote
Last dh day of 2019 at Thunder Mountain.
Last dh day of 2019 at Thunder Mountain.

Posted: Nov 10, 2019 at 19:13 Quote
reedholden wrote:
This is what happens when you inherit your wife's super awesome wheelset. How do you turn down Enve hoops on CX hubs with CXray spokes? I thought about taking off the pink decals but then I thought, nah, just embrace the pink.
Voila
I like the pink, if I were you I would even try to get pink evil stickers, would look mint

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 6:02 Quote
Portait Mode. Gotta love it.

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 8:06 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
Portait Mode. Gotta love it.

Ruining people’s photos since 2018.

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 11:45 Quote
rahrider wrote:
This is what happens when you inherit your wife's super awesome wheelset. How do you turn down Enve hoops on CX hubs with CXray spokes? I thought about taking off the pink decals but then I thought, nah, just embrace the pink.
Voila

Never mind the wheels, look at that hair shot. Thats a Loreal commercial right there! Congrats all round. :-)

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 11:56 Quote
I see by the seat post clamp & grips that you’ve already owned the pink. Wise choice.

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 18:57 Quote
noplacelikeloam wrote:
rahrider wrote:
Voila

Never mind the wheels, look at that hair shot. Thats a Loreal commercial right there! Congrats all round. :-)

"loreal commercial"? Not sure what you're talking about, it always looks like that 24/7 Wink

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 20:42 Quote
It doesn t glow in the dark.

2020 Optic.

This thing is damn fast.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 22:18 Quote
dkidd wrote:

2020 Optic.

This thing is damn fast.

new optics on my hotlist. Looks like a great bike for my local trails, mostly chill but totally capable for bc trips.

Posted: Nov 15, 2019 at 2:20 Quote
dkidd wrote:

2020 Optic.

This thing is damn fast.

amazeballs!

Rock shox fork in the video, Fox in the pic... why the change/upgrade?! A bit more burl?!

Posted: Nov 15, 2019 at 12:45 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
dkidd wrote:

2020 Optic.

This thing is damn fast.

amazeballs!

Rock shox fork in the video, Fox in the pic... why the change/upgrade?! A bit more burl?!
Yeah, a little laterally stiffer and a bit more supple off the top. Plus... kashima. Mmhmm
The brakes have changed since the video as well. TRP GSpec DH with 200mm rotors F and R.

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 2:02 Quote
dkidd wrote:
v7fmp wrote:
dkidd wrote:

2020 Optic.

This thing is damn fast.

amazeballs!

Yeah, a little laterally stiffer and a bit more supple off the top. Plus... kashima. Mmhmm
The brakes have changed since the video as well. TRP GSpec DH with 200mm rotors F and R.

Awesome. This bike is at the top of my want list. Did you have any other considerations before you bought the optic? Reasons for the optic over others?

One of my buddies thinks 125mm rear won’t be enough for some riding spots?!

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 9:28 Quote
I don't think it is just about the mm travel. A lot of bike capability gets down to frame, fork and wheel stiffness and geometry. The one place where inches of travel counts most is super high speed or big drops (which is also super high speed). If you were riding this one at whistler bike park and the group you were with were all on DH bikes, you'd be having trouble keeping up probably.
Most of the riding I do is slower, steeper and more technical (north shore etc). I can ride it just as well on a burly hardtail as the speeds are comparatively slow and my hardtail holds a line well. From what I see about the optic, it is definitely not a enduro bike with the pike up front but that being said, you could take it on all the same trails as the range, just slower.

Active Forum Threads
29 mins ago - Kona Process 153 vs Ibis Ripmo AF: Which is Better For Beginners?
1 hours ago - The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
1 hours ago - Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
2 hours ago - Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
2 hours ago - Greece for enduro riding in winter
3 hours ago - 2020 - SantaCruz Tallboy Carbon vs Canyon Neuron CF 9.0 SL
4 hours ago - Suspension SETUP, a 'how to' guide...
4 hours ago - Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
4 hours ago - Trail Conditions for Calgarians
5 hours ago - Post your Propain!
5 hours ago - How should I go about custom painting my fork?
5 hours ago - Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
5 hours ago - Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
5 hours ago - Trailforks.com Bug Reports
5 hours ago - I really want my bike back....
6 hours ago - [STOLEN BIKES] Post Your Stolen Bike Ad Here (U.S.A/Canada/South America Only)
6 hours ago - Official Vernon Riders Thread
7 hours ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
7 hours ago - Better cable routing grommets - 2019 Capra AL
7 hours ago - Banshee Bikes, NS Bikes, YT Industries Bikes and Ragley Bikes need their own manufacturer forum on Pinkbike
7 hours ago - Show your all mountain bike
7 hours ago - Motobecane Hal Boost: Anyone Riding a BD Bike?
7 hours ago - Best Do it all Bike
8 hours ago - Having a hell of a time finding a replacement wheel
8 hours ago - transition pbj

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029918
Mobile Version of Website