Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 15:58 Quote
metaam wrote:
Temperature doesn't tell the full story. I've spent a lot of time in the mountains of Europe, Canada and NZ. The temperatures are generally much lower than the UK, but there's usually a lot more sunshine and a lot less moisture. Personally I find dry cold much easier to tolerate than wet. Having said that, when it gets below -15c I don't want to be out there long.

You can't generalize 'the mountains of Canada' into one climate. Canada is very, very large. Interior of Canada gets extremely cold and dry, but where I live is virtually the same sort of climate much of the UK experiences. Mild, but damp. When it's close to 0* C it's less bearable than a dry -10*C.

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 16:14 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Why the want for carbon ?

Genuine question ...

Mainly for weight. I'm actually most likely going to the regular Instinct too instead of the BC edition. I had fun riding hard and going for times this past season on this bike but my favourite rides were the big 40+ km epics. The new Instinct C70 is 28lbs and other than 20 and 10mm less travel it'll feel pretty much the same.

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 0:00 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
metaam wrote:
Temperature doesn't tell the full story. I've spent a lot of time in the mountains of Europe, Canada and NZ. The temperatures are generally much lower than the UK, but there's usually a lot more sunshine and a lot less moisture. Personally I find dry cold much easier to tolerate than wet. Having said that, when it gets below -15c I don't want to be out there long.

You can't generalize 'the mountains of Canada' into one climate. Canada is very, very large. Interior of Canada gets extremely cold and dry, but where I live is virtually the same sort of climate much of the UK experiences. Mild, but damp. When it's close to 0* C it's less bearable than a dry -10*C.

Yes, just to clarify, I wasn't saying the whole of The Canadian Rockies has the same climate. I was saying I'd spent time in a mountain environment in Canada (Nelson), where it was a dry cold. I know temperatures vary greatly, Fernie is much colder and Whistler is much wetter (as a couple of examples) than where I was.

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 7:34 Quote
God I love the Selkirks..

Whistler is no where near the Rockies though, so of course the climate is incredibly different. It is still much drier than the Mountains here on the island.. I'll stop being Pedantic now Big Grin

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 7:43 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
I was riding all winter through here on the island last year. Might have been a couple of weeks riding in some shallow snow but I made it work! Today is sunny with a high of 4 and it's barely rained in the last two days, shall be a good day for a rip!

I live just south of that island and we have taken it up the ass with snow for the last three winters, as low as like 500 ft sticking around for weeks or months. It must stay a little warmer up there or something.

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 7:45 Quote
I'm also extremely stubborn...

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 7:49 Quote
skerby wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
I was riding all winter through here on the island last year. Might have been a couple of weeks riding in some shallow snow but I made it work! Today is sunny with a high of 4 and it's barely rained in the last two days, shall be a good day for a rip!

I live just south of that island and we have taken it up the ass with snow for the last three winters, as low as like 500 ft sticking around for weeks or months. It must stay a little warmer up there or something.

Man, Enumclaw and now PA? Washington state has a reputation for sticking weird things up their butts...

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 7:56 Quote
dkidd wrote:
skerby wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

Man, Enumclaw and now PA? Washington state has a reputation for sticking weird things up their butts...

It is a way of life.

O+
Posted: Dec 23, 2019 at 13:03 Quote
kilo11 wrote:

Sick bike but those fenders are something else

I agree it’s a sick bike, but I like those fenders. They’re actually functional, unlike those little flat plastic ones that go on the fork. Those are ridiculous looking and not functional at all. Mudhuggers, (that’s what he has) make a slightly shorter front fender that I use front and rear and they work great and I think they look good too.

Posted: Dec 23, 2019 at 13:06 Quote
Some 'interesting' spec choices there, never mind the mudguards...

Posted: Dec 23, 2019 at 13:08 Quote
Yh right or rather nahhhh wrong lookin that!

I mean are you really that vein not to get dirty
I understand a medium to small size front guard but jeeeeeze! Lol

O+
Posted: Dec 23, 2019 at 13:09 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
Some 'interesting' spec choices there, never mind the mudguards...

The more I look at it the more I notice

Box shifters, Archer D1x wireless shifting, EXT shock

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.027753
Mobile Version of Website