Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 8:50 Quote
liamd-24 wrote:
Hey guys thaught if ask on here I stead of creating a new thread

I'm looking for a new rear wheel
I'm between the halo vortex rim on supreme hub or the hope fortus on the pro 4 hub?

My budget is around 200
Iv found the fortus for 230 and the vortex for 200 but want something that's going to last
(29 inch boost)

Try to get dt rims (471 or 511) with hope or dt hubs. You can buy used too.

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 9:46 Quote
tom666 wrote:
Saraiva111 wrote:
Guys I decided to put new brakes on it , I have a budget around 100-140€ to spend.
What brakes you guys recommend? One ideia: sram level t would be nice?

Like the guys said Deore or SLX are great options.

Another cool idea is these budget-friendly shimano 4 pots: Shimano MT520

They use the same pads as the Zees and Saints but they're cheaper! In the UK you can get a pair for £140. I don't know what price you will be able to get but it's worth a look!

Definitely agree with this, they came stock on my Giant Trance and I really like how they feel. I've switched my pads to metallic and put some XT rotors on my bike and it performs flawlessly

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 9:47 Quote
MrMiyagi wrote:
liamd-24 wrote:
Hey guys thaught if ask on here I stead of creating a new thread

I'm looking for a new rear wheel
I'm between the halo vortex rim on supreme hub or the hope fortus on the pro 4 hub?

My budget is around 200
Iv found the fortus for 230 and the vortex for 200 but want something that's going to last
(29 inch boost)

Try to get dt rims (471 or 511) with hope or dt hubs. You can buy used too.

If price is a factor, try to look for novatec hubs, and lower spec dt rims, like the e532.

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 10:08 Quote
tom666 wrote:
Saraiva111 wrote:
Guys I decided to put new brakes on it , I have a budget around 100-140€ to spend.

They use the same pads as the Zees and Saints but they're cheaper! In the UK you can get a pair for £140. I don't know what price you will be able to get but it's worth a look!

If you want to save even more money, there's the Shimano MT420 four piston brakes also

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 10:18 Quote
Marasdfg wrote:
tom666 wrote:
Saraiva111 wrote:

I got these after both of my zee calipers had one piston broken and honestly I can't tell the difference. The whole front or rear brake (caliper+hose+lever) costs less than one single zee caliper so the choice was easy.

You can also get these as caliper only:
https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/shimano-br-mt520-post-mount-d01s-brake-caliper-721662

I ordered these too but they were leaking in the box all ready everywhere from the caliber seams. Sent them back and took zees almost with same price and like them alot. Also with zees you can use cooled pads.

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 10:22 Quote
Yeah, I heard both the MT520 and MT420 can not use the finned ice tech pads.

The 520 brake set is around $175 while the 420 set is about $125 over here.

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 2:27 Quote
kwapik wrote:
Yeah, I heard both the MT520 and MT420 can not use the finned ice tech pads.

interesting to know, as these came on my Norco Optic and was looking to change out the resin only pads/rotors, so I will be aware not to buy finned pads!

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 18:33 Quote
Almost done with this one, can't wait to get her dirty

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 23:39 Quote
HaggeredShins wrote:
Almost done with this one, can't wait to get her dirty

Starling murmur?

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 3:14 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
Just installed new tires on my Trance, what do you think of the grey sidewall?

What size are they? I went with the 2.35, I'll probably go for the 2.6 next time. Great tyres though, loads of grip.

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 4:08 Quote
tallpaul-s wrote:

What size are they? I went with the 2.35, I'll probably go for the 2.6 next time. Great tyres though, loads of grip.

DAMN, that Jeffsy looks sooo Sweet! The Martellos really complete the package! I’d have gone 2.6 as Iva a 2.6 Agarro on rear and love the footprint.

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 4:41 Quote
That YT looks amazing!

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014191
Mobile Version of Website