Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 6:23 Quote
Bimmer28 wrote:
BSheldon wrote:
Someone needs to make a black and red anodized dropper just for this bike Big Grin

Lol. No dropper post for me. Quick release works just fine. Every time.

Someone just likes to stir the pot.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 6:25 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
Bimmer28 wrote:
BSheldon wrote:
Someone needs to make a black and red anodized dropper just for this bike Big Grin

What pot is there to stir? Everyone has their preferences.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 6:33 Quote
Can you run Guide calipers with ice tech rotors?? Is there anything extra you have to do if you can?

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 6:38 Quote
Bimmer28 wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
Bimmer28 wrote:

Yeah. But most people prefer not to have to stop whenever the gradient changes, or ride with the saddle in a compromised position until it changes to suit. But if you like that, go you.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 6:39 Quote
fantasisticmtbme wrote:
Can you run Guide calipers with ice tech rotors?? Is there anything extra you have to do if you can?

I do. Didn’t do anything extra.

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 6:40 Quote
Bimmer28 wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
Bimmer28 wrote:

A dropper would be the best money you've ever spent. I was a doubter at first, but it is as game changing as a derailleur.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 6:46 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
Bimmer28 wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:

Yeah. But most people prefer not to have to stop whenever the gradient changes, or ride with the saddle in a compromised position until it changes to suit. But if you like that, go you.

I’m aware of the benefits. They just aren’t worth the money to me.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 6:48 Quote
chriskneeland wrote:
Bimmer28 wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:

A dropper would be the best money you've ever spent. I was a doubter at first, but it is as game changing as a derailleur.

Hmmm. If I can find a cheap one to try.

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 7:08 Quote
Bimmer28 wrote:
chriskneeland wrote:
Bimmer28 wrote:

I've seen some 125mm, 150mm ones going for $100 - $125 used. If you don't end up liking it, you can definitely turn around and sell it for whatever you paid for it. But to have the adjustabilty to set your seat at your fingertips while on trail takes riding to another level.

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 7:09 Quote
Bimmer28 wrote:
chriskneeland wrote:
Bimmer28 wrote:

you can get a 170mm OneUp dropper for $110 from Jenson right now

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 7:31 Quote
sosburn wrote:
Bimmer28 wrote:
chriskneeland wrote:

Wow. Really? I will check that out. Thanks guys.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 7:31 Quote
chriskneeland wrote:
Bimmer28 wrote:
chriskneeland wrote:

I've seen some 125mm, 150mm ones going for $100 - $125 used. If you don't end up liking it, you can definitely turn around and sell it for whatever you paid for it. But to have the adjustabilty to set your seat at your fingertips while on trail takes riding to another level.

Solid advice. Thank you

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 7:56 Quote
chriskneeland wrote:
Bimmer28 wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:

To be fair, there are plenty who have lots of experience running droppers and choose not to. This bike below has been my workhorse for the past couple years with the majority of my favored trails being winch up/drop down and the dropper was mostly pointless weight and extra gadgetry for what I've been riding. Not to mention standing and pedaling is bonus fitness points, which means extra taquitos on the ride home

photo

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 8:13 Quote
HaggeredShins wrote:
chriskneeland wrote:
Bimmer28 wrote:

To be fair, there are plenty who have lots of experience running droppers and choose not to. This bike below has been my workhorse for the past couple years with the majority of my favored trails being winch up/drop down and the dropper was mostly pointless weight and extra gadgetry for what I've been riding. Not to mention standing and pedaling is bonus fitness points, which means extra taquitos on the ride home

photo

Sweet bike. Prior to moving to Florida, I always rode lift assisted bike parks so droppers were never on my radar.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 8:28 Quote
Bimmer28 wrote:
sosburn wrote:
Bimmer28 wrote:

Wow. Really? I will check that out. Thanks guys.

Just factor in the One Up comes with no remote so that will be extra, my One Up 170 is awesome and cost abit less than a reverb all in

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.037187
Mobile Version of Website