Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Author Message
Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 23:24 Quote
all this e-thirteen hub-bub about cassettes may not be cassette related but chain related

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 23:26 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
all this e-thirteen hub-bub about cassettes may not be cassette related but chain related

true, even the sram peeps say the one part of the eagle drivetrains that is worth upgrading is the chain

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 23:28 Quote
I still have the TRS+ rims in 27.5, they've been pretty bomb proof in my experience.

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 23:52 Quote
sosburn wrote:
HaggeredShins wrote:
Just my 2 pesos but if I was forced to pick one cassette above all the others, it would probably come from Leonardi

More like 5000 pesos with those and the KCNC cassettes haha

Lol they'll lighten your bike and wallet equally in grams, but the General Lees do shift slicker than owl shit

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 1:23 Quote
sosburn wrote:
everyone ive talked to that has one loves it, and you dont need to change your freehub/derailleur/shifter/etc. i got mine last week and its fine so far, coming from a gx eagle cassette, but can’t really speak from a longer perspective.
Idk what math youre doing but shimano is just as expensive as eagle, if not a bit more if we’re talking xtr vs xo1

No I'm talking XT vs GX / XO1. The prices of CT components are significantly cheaper across the board. So yes that's why I'm changing

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 8:24 Quote
IntoTheEverflow wrote:
That YT looks amazing!

Those grey wall tires look good!

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 10:19 Quote
Have had three E13 cassettes, all were perfect. Boss has been through two. Coworker had one. Probably sold 20+ of them.

Literally not one return or warranty. No shifting issues at all. They feel a bit chunky if you shift under pressure, which is what I feel a lot of the bad reviews come from.

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 11:31 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Have had three E13 cassettes, all were perfect. Boss has been through two. Coworker had one. Probably sold 20+ of them.

Literally not one return or warranty. No shifting issues at all. They feel a bit chunky if you shift under pressure, which is what I feel a lot of the bad reviews come from.

After 3 seasons on X01 I just picked up an e13 12 speed cassette. After e13 replaced my cranks I felt like giving them another chance. I'll be sure to let you know of any issues.

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 11:40 Quote
Rad dude, hope it treats you well, and glad to hear E13 has helped you out!

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 10:42 Quote
Just got my Ripmo AF built. Really stoked on this one! Pedals and jumps really well. I’m sold on DW link. 31.2lbs. with XTR pedals and trail tires. 32.5lbs. with pedals and man tires.

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 12:28 Quote
That's a clean looking bike man, and price-to-performance on those are pretty rediculous as well, although it appears you've made some changes Wink

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 12:39 Quote
If I were to get the Ripmo AF for myself, it would look very similar to yours with all the purple anodized stuff

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 12:50 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
If I were to get the Ripmo AF for myself, it would look very similar to yours with all the purple anodized stuff

Purple seems to be en Vogue this year

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 13:56 Quote
Bimmer28 wrote:
matt-15 wrote:
If I were to get the Ripmo AF for myself, it would look very similar to yours with all the purple anodized stuff

Purple seems to be en Vogue this year
This year? When hasn't it?

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 14:00 Quote
To me it seems most people think it looks cool, but few actually seem to want it (or want to spend the money) on their own bike


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013012
Mobile Version of Website