Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 15:07 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
To me it seems most people think it looks cool, but few actually seem to want it (or want to spend the money) on their own bike

I was guilty too. I randomly bought a purple Kore handlebar and threw it on. It matched nothing. I have since removed it and I put it on my wife’s aqua Trek and it matches much better.

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 15:17 Quote
BSheldon wrote:
That's a clean looking bike man, and price-to-performance on those are pretty rediculous as well, although it appears you've made some changes Wink

Thanks man, it has really impressed me. I bought the NX build, then brought over wheels, bar, stem, brakes and bought the XT drivetrain and XTR cranks at a good price.

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 15:26 Quote
Bimmer28 wrote:
matt-15 wrote:
To me it seems most people think it looks cool, but few actually seem to want it (or want to spend the money) on their own bike

I was guilty too. I randomly bought a purple Kore handlebar and threw it on. It matched nothing. I have since removed it and I put it on my wife’s aqua Trek and it matches much better.

I was definitely guilty...

ODI Rogue Grips Wolf Tooth Components ReMote Chromag Fubars OSX

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 17:35 Quote
Bimmer28 wrote:
matt-15 wrote:
If I were to get the Ripmo AF for myself, it would look very similar to yours with all the purple anodized stuff

Purple seems to be en Vogue this year

But that’s not really purple. More of a fuchsia or hot pink. This one is purple.

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 17:42 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
Bimmer28 wrote:
matt-15 wrote:
If I were to get the Ripmo AF for myself, it would look very similar to yours with all the purple anodized stuff

Purple seems to be en Vogue this year

But that’s not really purple. More of a fuchsia or hot pink. This one is purple.

thats purple

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 18:36 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:

Looks like the modern version of Gee Milner's '92 Yeti ARC dream build from today Smile

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 21:34 Quote
BSheldon wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:

Looks like the modern version of Gee Milner's '92 Yeti ARC dream build from today Smile
That was the inspiration! They even took the original water bottle cage and put it on the yeti.

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 1:21 Quote
dualsuspensiondave wrote:
Just got my Ripmo AF built. Really stoked on this one! Pedals and jumps really well. I’m sold on DW link. 31.2lbs. with XTR pedals and trail tires. 32.5lbs. with pedals and man tires.

Looks awesome man! I've heard great things about the ripmo and particularly about that $3k NX build.

I think it would be a good move to get some bigger rotors - those look like 160s? Capable bike like the Ripmo deserves 203 front, 180 rear at least.

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 2:44 Quote
tom666 wrote:
Just got my Ripmo AF built. Really stoked on this one! Pedals and jumps really well. I’m sold on DW link. 31.2lbs. with XTR pedals and trail tires. 32.5lbs. with pedals and man tires.

Looks awesome man! I've heard great things about the ripmo and particularly about that $3k NX build.

I think it would be a good move to get some bigger rotors - those look like 160s? Capable bike like the Ripmo deserves 203 front, 180 rear at least.

Thanks man, I have it setup with 180 on both. 203 is not needed in my opinion on anything less than a DH bike.

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 3:00 Quote

Thanks man, I have it setup with 180 on both. 203 is not needed in my opinion on anything less than a DH bike.

Ah okay, they looked like 160. I think it's the floating bit in the middle makes them look smaller.

Not to preach, you do you, but I do like a 203mm rotor, even on a trail or enduro bike. For riders who exclusively ride trail or XC 160 or 180 is probably fine, but if you ride any longer descents or ride uplifts (which a lot of people do on their trail and enduro bikes) I personally think it's worth going up to 203.

The brake gets more leverage on the wheel (more power) and there's more heat dissipation which pays out on a long descent. The only drawback is a bit of extra weight which I think it's pretty negligible. Particularly for heavier riders its got to be worth it. On a long descent in the alps I've had 4 pot brakes fade to the point of being pretty useless using 203 front and 180 rear.

Downhill racers are starting to use 220 and 246mm rotors now Eek

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 12:44 Quote
tom666 wrote:

Not to preach, you do you, but I do like a 203mm rotor, even on a trail or enduro bike. For riders who exclusively ride trail or XC 160 or 180 is probably fine, but if you ride any longer descents or ride uplifts (which a lot of people do on their trail and enduro bikes) I personally think it's worth going up to 203.

The brake gets more leverage on the wheel (more power) and there's more heat dissipation which pays out on a long descent.

This right here. When I demo'ed a Pivot Firebird 29 everything about it was awesome except for the dinky little rotor spec! Common Pivot, this is your EWS slayer and you're not going to put a 203 on the front with a 29" wheel?

*edit* they've changed their spec since I did it and it looks like more groupsets are coming with a 203 front rotor.

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 12:49 Quote
I put a 203 on the front of my trail bike (kept the rear at 180) for the uplift days (which I didn't even get to do because of a concussion), but for trail/ XC rides I do agree it is way overkill and the 180 I had previously offered better modulation on my local trails

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 13:25 Quote
im loving my 240 front and 200 rear

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016385
Mobile Version of Website