Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 8:08 Quote
chriskneeland wrote:
Bimmer28 wrote:
chriskneeland wrote:

Good to hear. On paper there's so much to love about the fork. I can't wait to get out and tinker with it.

The biggest thing is getting the negative air chamber correct

I was going to try it equal to the positive air chamber to start. Then increase the negative 5psi more than the positive to see the difference. How much does increasing the negative chamber effect the sag?
you lose a couple mm of travel with a higher psi negative, sucks the fork into itself just a tiny bit.
I run mine no more than a couple psi different, feels pretty juicy on the chattery stuff

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 8:08 Quote
chriskneeland wrote:
Bimmer28 wrote:
chriskneeland wrote:

Good to hear. On paper there's so much to love about the fork. I can't wait to get out and tinker with it.

I was going to try it equal to the positive air chamber to start. Then increase the negative 5psi more than the positive to see the difference. How much does increasing the negative chamber effect the sag?

That’s exactly the correct process. Increasing the negative chamber does effect the sag considerably. I had to add about 8-9psi to maintain my desired sag setting. Also. Make sure you don’t have the wheel on the ground when you are adjusting the negative chamber.

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 8:15 Quote
spaceofades wrote:
chriskneeland wrote:
Bimmer28 wrote:

you lose a couple mm of travel with a higher psi negative, sucks the fork into itself just a tiny bit.
I run mine no more than a couple psi different, feels pretty juicy on the chattery stuff

If you hold the fork by the bottom of the crown, you can prevent that from happening.

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 8:20 Quote
Bimmer28 wrote:
chriskneeland wrote:
Bimmer28 wrote:

That’s exactly the correct process. Increasing the negative chamber does effect the sag considerably. I had to add about 8-9psi to maintain my desired sag setting. Also. Make sure you don’t have the wheel on the ground when you are adjusting the negative chamber.

Thanks for the tip. That'll save some headaches trying to dial it in.

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 18:41 Quote
Someone needs to make a black and red anodized dropper just for this bike Big Grin

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 21:39 Quote
My Carbine, started with a deluxe, moved to super deluxe and now Float X2.

Excuse the shoddy downtube protector lol

Next up bin the centreline rotors for some ice techs and that should be it. For now....

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 1:43 Quote
BSheldon wrote:
Someone needs to make a black and red anodized dropper just for this bike Big Grin

Lol. No dropper post for me. Quick release works just fine. Every time.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 1:44 Quote
JNZ wrote:

Next up bin the centreline rotors for some ice techs and that should be it. For now....

Love this.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 6:19 Quote
Bimmer28 wrote:
JNZ wrote:

Love this.
Beauty! I've got Ice Tech rotors on my Process 153. Love em.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 6:23 Quote
Bimmer28 wrote:
BSheldon wrote:

Someone just likes to stir the pot.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 6:25 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
Bimmer28 wrote:
BSheldon wrote:

What pot is there to stir? Everyone has their preferences.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 6:33 Quote
Can you run Guide calipers with ice tech rotors?? Is there anything extra you have to do if you can?

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 6:38 Quote
Bimmer28 wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
Bimmer28 wrote:

Yeah. But most people prefer not to have to stop whenever the gradient changes, or ride with the saddle in a compromised position until it changes to suit. But if you like that, go you.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 6:39 Quote
fantasisticmtbme wrote:
Can you run Guide calipers with ice tech rotors?? Is there anything extra you have to do if you can?

I do. Didn’t do anything extra.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 6:40 Quote
Bimmer28 wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
Bimmer28 wrote:

A dropper would be the best money you've ever spent. I was a doubter at first, but it is as game changing as a derailleur.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013768
Mobile Version of Website