Show your all mountain bike
O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 19:25 Quote
larryhoover wrote:
spaceofades wrote:
...................no dropper?
JK
Ha! Nope. Unnecessary.

Mountain bikes are unnecessary. Lol, Oh! you changed your name.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 0:09 Quote
I can't imagine not running a dropper on a trail or Enduro bike any more.

The function they serve is excellent, they're reliable, they don't add that much weight, they're not that expensive. Seems like a no brainer.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 0:58 Quote
Even going from 180mm drop on one of my bikes to 150mm on another feels weird.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 1:08 Quote
tom666 wrote:

The function they serve is excellent, they're reliable, they don't add that much weight, they're not that expensive. Seems like a no brainer.

All valid points.
I just don’t care about a dropper. In fact I care less about a dropper than I do 29in wheels. And I detest 29ers.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 1:09 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
larryhoover wrote:
spaceofades wrote:
...................no dropper?
JK
Ha! Nope. Unnecessary.

Mountain bikes are unnecessary. Lol, Oh! you changed your name.

I did yes!

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 7:41 Quote
i bet if you tried a bike with a dropper you would change your mind very quickly.

also how can you “detest” 29ers? if you don’t like how they ride, fine, but having a hatred for a wheel size just sounds ridiculous

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 7:48 Quote
larryhoover wrote:
All valid points.
I just don’t care about a dropper. In fact I care less about a dropper than I do 29in wheels. And I detest 29ers.

What is the reason for that? Are you riding moslty flat or XC trails where you don't need to lower your seatpost, or do you just don't mind to lower your seatpost yourself before a descent?

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 7:52 Quote
sosburn wrote:
i bet if you tried a bike with a dropper you would change your mind very quickly.

also how can you “detest” 29ers? if you don’t like how they ride, fine, but having a hatred for a wheel size just sounds ridiculous

He'll change his mind once he tries a dropper. But having ridden 26in bikes, I'm 100% with him on the 29er hate.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 8:26 Quote
sosburn wrote:

I have rode ones with a dropper post. didn’t increase my ride experience. And yes correct I don’t like how they ride. I think they look stupid also

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 8:26 Quote
jurassicrider wrote:
larryhoover wrote:
All valid points.

What is the reason for that? Are you riding moslty flat or XC trails where you don't need to lower your seatpost, or do you just don't mind to lower your seatpost yourself before a descent?

everything. Florida trails, north east bike parks. doesn’t matter. and it doesn’t bother me to drop my seat post by hand.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 8:28 Quote
larryhoover wrote:
sosburn wrote:

I have rode ones with a dropper post. didn’t increase my ride experience. And yes correct I don’t like how they ride. I think they look stupid also

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 8:58 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
Ok hoover
Smile

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 10:35 Quote
chriskneeland wrote:
sosburn wrote:

He'll change his mind once he tries a dropper. But having ridden 26in bikes, I'm 100% with him on the 29er hate.

I expect you will change your tune once you give a modern 29er a try.

A few years ago my University MTB club all used to take the piss out of 29ers. 4-5 years later at least half of us are riding 29ers and even more would get one. As soon as you get on one you realise the downsides are nowhere near what you thought they were and the benefits are really nice.

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 10:40 Quote
larryhoover wrote:
tom666 wrote:

All valid points.

I ride every so often with a retired pro XC and multi-stage MTB racer. He hates droppers. He has one on his new bike and doesn't use it. To each their own.

Also, 29 is not the be-all and end-all. Good for somethings but also a drawback for others.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.036912
Mobile Version of Website