Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 10:37 Quote
Deleted double post

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 10:38 Quote
skerby wrote:
Florida seems like the last place anyone would need a dropper post. It's so flat you might as well just find a good position for everything and leave it there.

might as well just not ride there

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 10:54 Quote
Was about to post my bike but apparently I can’t post by [IMG]. Well well, love watching old pics in threads like these.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 12:17 Quote
Beecee336 wrote:
larryhoover wrote:
skerby wrote:
Florida seems like the last place anyone would need a dropper post. It's so flat you might as well just find a good position for everything and leave it there.

There’s jump trails.

Hence no need for a dropper....

The jump trails alternate into single track tho.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 14:20 Quote
I was gonna mention that dropper would be good for jump trails, but if it's just jump trails then maybe the ole quick release isnt so bad.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 14:22 Quote
skerby wrote:
I was gonna mention that dropper would be good for jump trails, but if it's just jump trails then maybe the ole quick release isnt so bad.

Not just jump trails..single track etc. mix of everything really. Just flat here. I hate Florida for mountain biking. I miss the northeast Frown

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 14:59 Quote
yonsson wrote:
Was about to post my bike but apparently I can’t post by [IMG]. Well well, love watching old pics in threads like these.
photo

O+
Posted: Feb 29, 2020 at 6:22 Quote
skerby wrote:

You’ve clearly never ridden in Florida. Google Santos Vortex or Alafia State Park or Virginia Key or Markham Park. I just moved here and was sooooo bummed but the riding isn’t terrible. It’s short bursts of climbing but all in I’d say it’s more technical than what I was used to in the Mid-Atlantic region.

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 2:36 Quote
mbc4386 wrote:
skerby wrote:

You’ve clearly never ridden in Florida. Google Santos Vortex or Alafia State Park or Virginia Key or Markham Park. I just moved here and was sooooo bummed but the riding isn’t terrible. It’s short bursts of climbing but all in I’d say it’s more technical than what I was used to in the Mid-Atlantic region.

This is correct. I ride all the places you mentioned (except Virginia key, never been) and it’s short punchy climbs and switchbacks.
What part of Florida are you in? Let’s ride

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 7:42 Quote
I live in the Florida panhandle. There are 2 spots on my local trails that I use my dropper. My bike came with the dropper, but I wouldn’t miss not having it. My second bike doesn’t have a dropper and will never get one.

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 8:46 Quote
DonLopez wrote:
I live in the Florida panhandle. There are 2 spots on my local trails that I use my dropper. My bike came with the dropper, but I wouldn’t miss not having it. My second bike doesn’t have a dropper and will never get one.

If that is the case, would you guys in Florida do better without such steep seat tube angles?

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 10:31 Quote
Droppers make more sense in areas with rolling hills than they do in areas with long uphills to long downhills. When I was in Kelowna saddle stayed up for the long ass climb, and probably went up and down about 6 times while on trail. In Ontario, hills and downhills come often, and you're dropping probably 6+ times as often.

Plus, you don't have to be going downhill to enjoy the benefits of a dropper. Jump lines, manual sections, tech climbs where you're trying to get your body around. Etc.

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 11:07 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Droppers make more sense in areas with rolling hills than they do in areas with long uphills to long downhills. When I was in Kelowna saddle stayed up for the long ass climb, and probably went up and down about 6 times while on trail. In Ontario, hills and downhills come often, and you're dropping probably 6+ times as often.

Plus, you don't have to be going downhill to enjoy the benefits of a dropper. Jump lines, manual sections, tech climbs where you're trying to get your body around. Etc.

Come one now, let’s not let facts and experience get in the way of entrenched prejudice...

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 11:11 Quote
DonLopez wrote:
I live in Florida

I'm sorry to hear that Wink

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 11:21 Quote
Isn’t the highest pint in Florida a landfill that was covered over, like 330 feet

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025507
Mobile Version of Website