Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 7:00 Quote
p3dirtjumpernz wrote:
Spare parts enduro bike!
2013 Nukeproof Mega Am mullet w 27.5/26
New tyres and dropper post are next once lockdown is lifted.

Thinking Maxxis DHR2 2.5 front and trying to decide on a rear, options are getting limited.
What are peoples experience w the 2.4 Ardent as a rear tyre?

Sweet build, extra 26 parts were how I went down the rabbit hole of building my Chilcotin... then it became my main bike Big Grin

Forget the Ardent, they're a little dodgy at speed. There are a ton of good 26 tires out there still, Kenda started making the Hellkat in 26x2.4, which would be my pick for that size. Or a Nev with clipped knobs if you want something that rolls even better

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 7:36 Quote

My 2019 troy alloy ltd.
changed out the contact points, put a Megneg on the stock shock, quadiem brakes, and a "vintage" 10 speed xtr/saint drivetrain. The 11-42 looks hilarious on these wheels. I remember when they came out they looked ridiculously large!

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 7:52 Quote
lunker8 wrote:

My 2019 troy alloy ltd.
changed out the contact points, put a Megneg on the stock shock, quadiem brakes, and a "vintage" 10 speed xtr/saint drivetrain. The 11-42 looks hilarious on these wheels. I remember when they came out they looked ridiculously large!

Nice! How are you finding the MegNeg upgrade? I'm pondering the same thing for my RS Deluxe RT which already has max tokens and is just not good enough at the moment. Worth the upgrade?

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 16:33 Quote
iainmac-1 wrote:
lunker8 wrote:

My 2019 troy alloy ltd.

Nice! How are you finding the MegNeg upgrade? I'm pondering the same thing for my RS Deluxe RT which already has max tokens and is just not good enough at the moment. Worth the upgrade?

It is certainly noticeable. I ran one on my 2019 remedy previous to this as well. In both cases I have been able to go down to 0 tokens in the positive chamber and a few bands in the negative. The mid stroke and sag point support increase is great. I still would like to get a super deluxe and throw the megneg on that as these base deluxes seem lacking....Also It definitely takes some time and messing around to test and find your ideal set up. My only gripe is that you have to unbolt the lower mounting on the shock to install more negative bands. I eventually started running one band externally on the can so I could drop the neg can and put the band in less hassle like.

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 0:56 Quote
T
HaggeredShins wrote:
p3dirtjumpernz wrote:
Spare parts enduro bike!

Thinking Maxxis DHR2 2.5 front and trying to decide on a rear, options are getting limited.

Sweet build, extra 26 parts were how I went down the rabbit hole of building my Chilcotin... then it became my main bike Big Grin

Forget the Ardent, they're a little dodgy at speed. There are a ton of good 26 tires out there still, Kenda started making the Hellkat in 26x2.4, which would be my pick for that size. Or a Nev with clipped knobs if you want something that rolls even better
The Chilcotin is the coolest Knolly ever built imo.
In neon green- yummy

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 10:46 Quote
Got rid off the x01 eagle and put di2 instead. Much prefer this option.

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 10:48 Quote
Cura wrote:

Love the build, but what's going on with the cable routing? Looks like the Di2 wires are all over the place.

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 10:56 Quote
blkmrktrider156 wrote:
Cura wrote:

Love the build, but what's going on with the cable routing? Looks like the Di2 wires are all over the place.

All the di2 stuff is stacked inside the steerer tube. Battery, cables and jumction boxes.Still figuring out a better way to route wired there without the option to put tharsis di2 bar and stem on it. I like the current set up.

I may need to put a new nut, for the headset, a little bit higher in order to have more room for junction box.

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 10:59 Quote
Cura wrote:

How do you Like the Formula fork? Can you compare it to a Pike by chance?

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 11:03 Quote
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
Cura wrote:

My buddy who manages a shop compared it to a lyrik, said it was super rad. Coil was super plush and supportive and the ability to revalve the damper externally put it above and beyond.

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 11:07 Quote
NotNamed wrote:
T
HaggeredShins wrote:
p3dirtjumpernz wrote:
Spare parts enduro bike!

The Chilcotin is the coolest Knolly ever built imo.
In neon green- yummy

That bike absolutely rules, it really might be one of the best all rounders I've ever had the pleasure of riding. I'm pretty sad it was never reincarnated as a true 650b as none of the newer Knollys have really done it for me like the Chili has.

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 11:10 Quote
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
Cura wrote:

Rock shox are in my experience feeling more like a sofa. Formulas are super sensitive and have a tendency to sit higher in the travel. Easy to service and I can change the damping at home in only few minutes by changing the cts valve. Only minus is that the stock oil is really sticky when it comes to below freezing point. Giving motorex supergliss 32K a try as a bath oil, next winter definitely.

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 11:37 Quote
Cura wrote:

Don't blame you for moving away from sram shifting. Fells like cutting through a potato when you shift. Jokes aside sram shifting is so bad i don't even know where to start. I'm starting to debate whats better, Sram X01 or Shimano Tourney............
That mondraker is frigging clean man! loving the coil too!

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 15:09 Quote
MTBrandonLee wrote:
Cura wrote:

Don't blame you for moving away from sram shifting. Fells like cutting through a potato when you shift. Jokes aside sram shifting is so bad i don't even know where to start. I'm starting to debate whats better, Sram X01 or Shimano Tourney............
That mondraker is frigging clean man! loving the coil too!

the mountain stuff isn't that bad, I could totally see Di2 shifting much cleaner than xo1, but that's just a completely different thing. i guess everyone likes different stuff. The sram road set up however, with the double-click, is just a pain imo. but that's for another thread...

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 15:26 Quote
Everyone bashing SRAM shifting while I'm patiently awaiting my new gravel bike with their 1x11 to be delivered haha. It'll be my first SRAM setup.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023281
Mobile Version of Website