Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 12:15 Quote
moferenc wrote:
Jeez, it's getting spicy up here.
But seriously, you ride it like an xc? If so it must be scary to hop over retired folks and gators i imagine.

Ha. Riding sucks in Florida. I’m just here because I can afford to have two places and not have to deal with winter. Celebrating my 37th birthday down here tho unfortunately this month..was supposed to be in Vermont for a week

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 12:15 Quote
ricochetrabbit wrote:
chriskneeland wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:

Dude.What are you talking about? You act like because I live part-time in Florida that I don’t ride any down hills...which is ignorant. And yes I do ride down hills with no dropper. Why is that so shocking to you you realize people did it for years right. Tell you what. I’m planning to hit up Highlands mountain bike park as soon as this stupid overblown coronavirus nonsense is up. That’s pretty close to where you live I will show you how I ride without a dropper post

Well that's not too fair. You'll just drop the post full time at Highland. How about we take a stroll to some real East Coast trails and tell me how much you'll pay me for my dropper by the time we get 2 miles in.

Sure. I grew up riding the east coast. Pick a spot..I have nothing but time and money.

You act like a dropper is ESSENTIAL to ride lol. When the seat is up, it takes a split second to lower it. Raising it back up is obviously slower. But not enough of a hassle that I give a shit

You know what would raise it up quicker?

A dropper.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 12:18 Quote
mars-bar-man wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:
chriskneeland wrote:

Well that's not too fair. You'll just drop the post full time at Highland. How about we take a stroll to some real East Coast trails and tell me how much you'll pay me for my dropper by the time we get 2 miles in.

Sure. I grew up riding the east coast. Pick a spot..I have nothing but time and money.

You act like a dropper is ESSENTIAL to ride lol. When the seat is up, it takes a split second to lower it. Raising it back up is obviously slower. But not enough of a hassle that I give a shit

You know what would raise it up quicker?

A dropper.

Yes a dropper would be faster. I don’t care.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 12:18 Quote
Habaden wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:
chriskneeland wrote:

That was literally your best argument last time, which I begrudgingly accepted. But now you're saying you do ride hills? With no dropper? Talk about the ignorant calling the kettle black.

Dude.What are you talking about? You act like because I live part-time in Florida that I don’t ride any down hills...which is ignorant. And yes I do ride down hills with no dropper. Why is that so shocking to you you realize people did it for years right. Tell you what. I’m planning to hit up Highlands mountain bike park as soon as this stupid overblown coronavirus nonsense is up. That’s pretty close to where you live I will show you how I ride without a dropper post

Would love for you to go volunteer at your local hospital and then tell me if its still "overblown nonsense"
It's massively overblown... so overblown that the huge majority of hospitals won't allow volunteers because they don't need them. Shit, even by the modeling put forth to support all this bullshit it's proving out to be grossly exaggerated.

And for f*ck's sake guys, the no dropper thing has been beaten to death in here already. Can somebody post a bike with v-brakes on it or something so we can at least lose our shit over something new?

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 12:20 Quote
Wouldn't even need to stop riding or get off the bike, imagine that.

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 12:23 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Habaden wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:

Would love for you to go volunteer at your local hospital and then tell me if its still "overblown nonsense"
It's massively overblown... so overblown that the huge majority of hospitals won't allow volunteers because they don't need them. Shit, even by the modeling put forth to support all this bullshit it's proving out to be grossly exaggerated.

And for f*ck's sake guys, the no dropper thing has been beaten to death in here already. Can somebody post a bike with v-brakes on it or something so we can at least lose our shit over something new?

They won't allow volunteers because they're not health professionals, and would just increase exposure and transmission.

I'd rather ride v-brakes than no dropper.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 12:23 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:

I don’t. Imagine that.

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 12:24 Quote
ricochetrabbit wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

I don’t. Imagine that.

Take a video of not getting off your bike or it didn’t happen.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 12:26 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:
tomhoward379 wrote:
So what’s changed about the bike?

Who are you asking

You

Not much. Just put some renthal fat bars on

photo

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 12:26 Quote
kilo11 wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

I don’t. Imagine that.

Take a video of not getting off your bike or it didn’t happen.

I will see what I can do.

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 12:27 Quote
I'd love a video of you (on a real trail) not stopping and raising your seat to exact position. Even lowering it without coming to a stop. Sounds impressive, and highly inconvenient.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 12:30 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
I'd love a video of you (on a real trail) not stopping and raising your seat to exact position. Even lowering it without coming to a stop. Sounds impressive, and highly inconvenient.

Lowering is easy as hell. Raising is a pain.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 12:33 Quote
HaggeredShins wrote:
Video. Now.

I’m working.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 12:34 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:

Lowering is easy, you just pull the quick release and let it drop

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029467
Mobile Version of Website