Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 12:38 Quote
chunter wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
I'd love a video of you (on a real trail) not stopping and raising your seat to exact position. Even lowering it without coming to a stop. Sounds impressive, and highly inconvenient.

Lowering is easy, you just pull the quick release and let it drop

Exactly. But don’t tell that to these pretentious dummies.

I would make a bet not one of them is over 25. Lol. Probably never rode before droppers were prevalent.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 12:43 Quote
ricochetrabbit wrote:
tomhoward379 wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:

Who are you asking

You

Not much. Just put some renthal fat bars on

So why did you post a one month old pic, with the old bars on? It’s almost as if you want to be told about your daft seatpost choice, so you can have an argument with people?

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 12:49 Quote
ricochetrabbit wrote:
chunter wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
I'd love a video of you (on a real trail) not stopping and raising your seat to exact position. Even lowering it without coming to a stop. Sounds impressive, and highly inconvenient.

I would make a bet not one of them is over 25. Lol. Probably never rode before droppers were prevalent.

24 and i definitely remember riding before droppers. i still wouldnt go back. my area is pretty flat and i still have one on almost every bike i own

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 12:51 Quote
chriskneeland wrote:
They won't allow volunteers because they're not health professionals, and would just increase exposure and transmission.

I'd rather ride v-brakes than no dropper.
Incorrect... girl I used to date is a nurse practitioner in Riverside and Loma Linda hospital told her they do not need volunteers, that they're not under any kind of strain and that things are actually slower than typical because people are avoiding the hospital in general right now. My brother, a doctor who works at Shands Memorial hospital here in Florida echoed that exact sentiment. And my other brother, an NP with a PhD from Yale was told that volunteers weren't needed at the Yale New Haven hospital for the same reason.

The news is cherry picking a small selection of inner city hospitals in places like Chicago, Detroit, and NYC and giving the impression that its like that everywhere. It isn't, and truth be told, those hospitals could use volunteers 365 days a year and are always overwhelmed.

... and I'd argue that disc brakes are as responsible if not more responsible for the incredible performance of modern bikes as any other advancement. V-brakes were shit, I'd rather have no seatpost and stand up all day than ride v-brakes, or worse yet canti's

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 12:53 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:
tomhoward379 wrote:

You

So why did you post a one month old pic, with the old bars on? It’s almost as if you want to be told about your daft seatpost choice, so you can have an argument with people?
Why do we have to keep discussing it every time he posts a picture? f*ck it... I wouldn't build a bike without one but if he wants to ride it that way, rock on.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 12:54 Quote
ktm87 wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:
chunter wrote:

24 and i definitely remember riding before droppers. i still wouldnt go back. my area is pretty flat and i still have one on
almost every bike i own

Ok..it works for you. Good. Idk why everyone here has such a hard on about me not running or caring about a dropper.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 12:56 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:
tomhoward379 wrote:

You

1. I didnt realize I posted it before.
2. I didn’t bring up the dropper bs. Some other knucklehead did.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 12:57 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
tomhoward379 wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:

Why do we have to keep discussing it every time he posts a picture? f*ck it... I wouldn't build a bike without one but if he wants to ride it that way, rock on.

THANK YOU. Geez. These guys have a massive hard on for a lack of a dropper.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 13:03 Quote
poor from you mush

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 13:09 Quote
chunter wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

Sure, but while moving, riding trail and getting it straight? I suppose that doesn't matter. Ok then, a video raising the post to desired height, straight, while moving on a trail.

ricochetrabbit wrote:
chunter wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

I'm 31 and have been riding mtb since I was 12.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 13:11 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
chunter wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

Sure, but while moving, riding trail and getting it straight? I suppose that doesn't matter. Ok then, a video raising the post to desired height, straight, while moving on a trail.

ricochetrabbit wrote:
chunter wrote:

I'm 31 and have been riding mtb since I was 12.

Ok so we are roughly the same age demographic. I’m 6 years older. You have been riding mtb longer (bmx for me since who knows, and mtb since 16.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 13:12 Quote
I'm 34, have a dropper, but also know they are totally unnecessary IF you are willing to deal with it. Did it for years.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 13:14 Quote
Primer is all built up now Big Grin

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

Spec:
2020 Chromag Primer, XL
MRP Ribbon, 160mm
Box One drivetrain, 11s, 11-46t
SLX cranks
Absolute Black 30t oval ring
Hope Pro 4 hubs
Spank Oozy Trail 345 rims
DT spokes/nipples
King headset
Wheels Mfg bb
Chromag bars, stem, seatpost collar
Deore brakes w/ XT rotors
Oneup dropper, 180mm

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 13:14 Quote
ricochetrabbit wrote:
HaggeredShins wrote:
Video. Now.

I’m working.

Lies, you're still posting. Chop chop.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 13:19 Quote
[Quote="piman"]Primer is all built up now Big Grin

photo

Nice bike, but how about that slot car setup?! I was glad to see you have some more pics of it haha.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028393
Mobile Version of Website