Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 2:13 Quote
Not once you get the hang of it. Just like anything new you have to learn. I’d say now installing a tube is more of a pain than putting a new tyre on tubeless

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 2:25 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
Not once you get the hang of it. Just like anything new you have to learn. I’d say now installing a tube is more of a pain than putting a new tyre on tubeless

No way running a tube is more of a pain. I run my rear tubeless..you have to make sure the tape is good, pour messy, overpriced sealant in, make sure the bead seats, pump the hell out of it (I don’t have an air compressor), hope it seats, listen for escaping air. Makes a mess. Just annoying as hell.
A tube I just put in and pump. Done. Plus IMO a tubed front feels good...little extra dampening.

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 3:27 Quote
ricochetrabbit wrote:
bikerboywill wrote:

No way running a tube is more of a pain. I run my rear tubeless..you have to make sure the tape is good, pour messy, overpriced sealant in, make sure the bead seats, pump the hell out of it (I don’t have an air compressor), hope it seats, listen for escaping air. Makes a mess. Just annoying as hell.
A tube I just put in and pump. Done. Plus IMO a tubed front feels good...little extra dampening.

Man, it's like you're riding in 2009. When you come up to Highland we'll get you set up for the 2020's.

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 4:04 Quote
chriskneeland wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:
bikerboywill wrote:

Man, it's like you're riding in 2009. When you come up to Highland we'll get you set up for the 2020's.

Lol. I run a tubeless rear. Im not opposed to tubeless. I just acknowledge it’s not as convenient as running a tube. I will be at highland may 15-17th. Provided they are open.

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 5:03 Quote
ricochetrabbit wrote:
chriskneeland wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:

Lol. I run a tubeless rear. Im not opposed to tubeless. I just acknowledge it’s not as convenient as running a tube. I will be at highland may 15-17th. Provided they are open.

Fingers crossed.

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 5:14 Quote
chriskneeland wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:
chriskneeland wrote:

Fingers crossed.

And toes

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 5:45 Quote
And here I thought I was waking up to 91 pictures of bikes..... nope, just more dropper bullshit

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 5:46 Quote
ryan198232 wrote:
And here I thought I was waking up to 91 pictures of bikes..... nope, just more dropper bullshit
Should've slept in

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 6:25 Quote
chriskneeland wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:
bikerboywill wrote:

Man I was thinking the same thing! Haha

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 6:30 Quote
Beecee336 wrote:
chriskneeland wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:

Man I was thinking the same thing! Haha

I’m assuming you run a wireless drivetrain? If not what are you waiting for? It’s like your riding in 1983.

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 6:53 Quote
Highlands opening day is may 24th as of right now

Edit: my bad. Its the 28th

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 6:58 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:
Highlands opening day is may 24th as of right now

*Killington

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 7:16 Quote
What are “tubes”?

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 7:19 Quote

Spec:
Sick Shrike- bought second hand in cash before the company imploded
MRP Ribbon, 160mm
xt/xtr drivechain
xtr cranks
Superstar 32 tooth chainring
Hope Pro 4 hubs
Hunt xc wheels. Its mostly for smooth local trails
Superstar headset
Spank vibrocore bars
Xt brakes

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 8:09 Quote
ricochetrabbit wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I’m 185-190ish. I will try your recommendation. I don’t run the front tubeless so that may alter the psi I run it at

Why don’t you run tubeless in the front? I’ve found nothing but huge benefits all around with tubeless.

Tubeless is a pain in the ass

Why am i not surprised

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014096
Mobile Version of Website