Show your all mountain bike
Posted: May 29, 2020 at 17:27 Quote
Ccouch5859 wrote:
Don't mind the brake line..

2020 Commencal Meta AM 29 Large frame

2019 Rockshox Lyrik RC2
2020 Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate
Shimano XT 12 Spd Drivetrain
Sram Guide R Brakes 200/180 (to be upgraded)
Spank Oozy 350 laced to I9 Hydra Hubs
Bontrager SE5 29x2.6 Front
Bontrager SE4 29x2.4 Rear
PNW Ranier 170MM Dropper W/Loam Lever
Ergon SM Mens Enduro SaddleUnfortunate Creek Headset W/Wolftooth Spacers.
Bontrager line 35 780mm bars
Truvativ 35x35mm stem
DMR DeathGrips

Everything looks awesome on that bike except for diarrhea colored DMR grips... I tried the white camo ones out and within a couple days they looked almost like that. Unfortunate cuz they are pretty comfy

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 17:39 Quote
fredro wrote:
Black rim decals or just remove the orange ones. Black cables.

Seat looks at maximum forward on the rails too. But if it works for you then cool.

Actually borrowing this set from a friend so can’t pull them off. He had an orange bike, hence the bright decals. My personal wheels are all de-decaled or stealth decaled

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 17:40 Quote
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
Ccouch5859 wrote:

2019 Rockshox Lyrik RC2
Truvativ 35x35mm stem
DMR DeathGrips

Everything looks awesome on that bike except for diarrhea colored DMR grips... I tried the white camo ones out and within a couple days they looked almost like that. Unfortunate cuz they are pretty comfy

They are worn slam out. I’m ordering some Deity Suprucush grips. Thinking purple or grey.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 17:41 Quote
fredro wrote:
Black rim decals or just remove the orange ones. Black cables.

Seat looks at maximum forward on the rails too. But if it works for you then cool.

Also, yes, the saddle is about 2mm from maxed out. I’m a couple inches below the recommended minimum height for the medium frame but it was the smallest they made so no choice. Feels great combined with 32mm stem.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 19:46 Quote
twonsarelli wrote:
@secondtimeuser
@badbadleroybrown
@expertfailure

Thanks for the motivation. Snipped about 5 inches out of the front brake hose and was able to twist/rotate it a bit to come in closer to head tube.

Very nice!

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 19:53 Quote
Ccouch5859 wrote:
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
Ccouch5859 wrote:

2019 Rockshox Lyrik RC2
Truvativ 35x35mm stem
DMR DeathGrips

They are worn slam out. I’m ordering some Deity Suprucush grips. Thinking purple or grey.

That's what I bought in Grey and really like them. Although i don't think they will be too durable. Had a little wreck and took a chunk off the end of one. Definitely cushy tho

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 20:14 Quote
Ccouch5859 wrote:

At first glance I thought the garage door handles were stubby bar ends....throwback Friday...lol

Looks good !

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 23:43 Quote
I got off my ass today and took some snaps of the rig.

2020 Meta AM 29 World Champs Editions
Frame Size - Large
Fork - Fox 36 Rhythm, Vorsprung smashpot @ 170mm (44mm offset)
Shock - Fox DHX2, 500lb spring
Drivetrain - Bits and pieces of GX and NX
Brakes - Code R on Shimano 203 icetech rotors
Cockpit - RaceFace Next R carbon bar 790 wide/35 diameter, NS Bikes 47mm stem, Hope spacers, Deity grips
Wheels - DT Swiss EX511 laced to Hope Pro4
Tyres - Assegai Front 2.5 inch, Rear DHR2 2.4 with cushcore
Dropper - OneUp 180mm
Pedals - Deity
Saddle - Specialized
Weight - 17.6kg lol

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 0:16 Quote
Loving both of these Commies. Ccouch, some new grips will make all the difference.

Putting in a shameless plug for the feature about them over on Vital, as mine is there.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 8:52 Quote
Brasher wrote:
I got off my ass today and took some snaps of the rig.

2020 Meta AM 29 World Champs Editions
Frame Size - Large
Fork - Fox 36 Rhythm, Vorsprung smashpot @ 170mm (44mm offset)
Shock - Fox DHX2, 500lb spring
Drivetrain - Bits and pieces of GX and NX
Brakes - Code R on Shimano 203 icetech rotors
Cockpit - RaceFace Next R carbon bar 790 wide/35 diameter, NS Bikes 47mm stem, Hope spacers, Deity grips
Wheels - DT Swiss EX511 laced to Hope Pro4
Tyres - Assegai Front 2.5 inch, Rear DHR2 2.4 with cushcore
Dropper - OneUp 180mm
Pedals - Deity
Saddle - Specialized
Weight - 17.6kg lol

Got that hitter son!
Also love the fern palace playground

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 13:30 Quote
Bigger than I need,but really fun when things get rocky and fast. Firebird 29 with race xt build, dpx swapped for DVO Topaz 3, rear wheel replaced with i9 hydra and XM481. Continental Baron front and Kaiser rear.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 14:35 Quote
texag wrote:
Bigger than I need,but really fun when things get rocky and fast. Firebird 29 with race xt build, dpx swapped for DVO Topaz 3, rear wheel replaced with i9 hydra and XM481. Continental Baron front and Kaiser rear.

Nice looking FB, I've always been a fan of that bike. How do you like that tire combo? I was running the same. The DK looked bigger than the DB, and that bugs me having the rear tire looking bigger than the front. I then ran 2 DK's. The DK was a little too big for my Offering and felt draggy as well. I'm now running the DK up front with a 2.3 Cross King in the rear. I'm liking this combo.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 15:42 Quote
texag wrote:

Hell yeah! The Firebird 29 is such an beast of a bike. I didn't want to give it back when I finished demoing it.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 17:43 Quote

Have fitted a bunch of new parts since taking these pics, need to get some more tomorrow.

Also bent the mech hanger today, so that needs replacing Frown

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 21:01 Quote
661lee wrote:
texag wrote:

Nice looking FB, I've always been a fan of that bike. How do you like that tire combo? I was running the same. The DK looked bigger than the DB, and that bugs me having the rear tire looking bigger than the front. I then ran 2 DK's. The DK was a little too big for my Offering and felt draggy as well. I'm now running the DK up front with a 2.3 Cross King in the rear. I'm liking this combo.

Thanks!

I haven't tried a ton of tires, so I'm not the best person to ask. The kaiser feels faster rolling without any real sacrifices compared to the exo+ dhr2, except the minion blew up on my first ride down Apex trail in Golden, CO. I might try a trail king on the rear and switch between the baron and kaiser depending on conditions. The baron does really well in deep, loose dust, but there's more hard and loose over hard where I ride, so thinking kaiser front, TK rear will be the ticket.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019841
Mobile Version of Website