Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Jun 11, 2020 at 4:03 Quote
Headed to killington and mountain creek bike park..1400 mile drive.

photo

Posted: Jun 11, 2020 at 4:54 Quote
ricochetrabbit wrote:

photo

whats the strap for? don't trust the seasucker?

That's heck of a drive!

Posted: Jun 11, 2020 at 5:41 Quote
That is a monsterous drive. It's 650 miles from my house in England to Morzine in the South of France.

O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2020 at 6:00 Quote
I've been curious about those suction cup mounts for a while... Does it work well? (id probably also use straps just to be sure...)

Posted: Jun 11, 2020 at 6:01 Quote
EvanScottKing wrote:
photo

My enduro with the new drivetrain bits. Now running a Garbaruk chainring and cassette with the TRP TR12 derailleur/shifter and an XX1 chain.

I like this build a lot. Brake levers look really long to be running outboard at the grips though, no? Looks like your index finger would be all the way in at the bend instead of the hook.

Posted: Jun 11, 2020 at 6:07 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:

photo

whats the strap for? don't trust the seasucker?

That's heck of a drive!

Yeah it’s a long drive from South Florida LOL I trust it but I can visually see the ratchet strap so I know that my bike is still there I typically will drive about 500 miles at a time so I don’t check the suction cups as often as other people may

Posted: Jun 11, 2020 at 6:08 Quote
aribr wrote:
I've been curious about those suction cup mounts for a while... Does it work well? (id probably also use straps just to be sure...)

Yes they are extremely strong I weigh 205 pounds and I have hung from them suction cup to a glass window but I do have The ratchet strap on there just to apply continuous pressure but it’s definitely not needed because all five suction cups failing catastrophically is not going to happen even with one suction cup I can rock the car with the bike on it

Posted: Jun 11, 2020 at 6:09 Quote
tom666 wrote:
That is a monsterous drive. It's 650 miles from my house in England to Morzine in the South of France.
Yeah it’s a long drive but when you live in flat South Florida you do what you Gotta do to get some gravity runs in LOL

Posted: Jun 11, 2020 at 6:11 Quote
I do lose about 3.5mpg having the bike on the roof so take that into consideration

The suction indicators after 563 miles since I last checked them. No orange.
photo

Posted: Jun 11, 2020 at 7:09 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
EvanScottKing wrote:
photo

My enduro with the new drivetrain bits. Now running a Garbaruk chainring and cassette with the TRP TR12 derailleur/shifter and an XX1 chain.

I like this build a lot. Brake levers look really long to be running outboard at the grips though, no? Looks like your index finger would be all the way in at the bend instead of the hook.

Thanks! Yes, the levers are quite long and have been moved since this photo. I went from palmskins (which were shorter) to the chromag squarewave XL grips which also have a slight bulge in the middle to index your palm - overall it did move my hand in on the bar and everything else has had to inch that way too.

Posted: Jun 11, 2020 at 7:17 Quote
I've never seen the point of the Seasucker racks for anything other than sports cars that really don't offer an alternative... why not just go with a hitch rack?

Posted: Jun 11, 2020 at 7:28 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
I've never seen the point of the Seasucker racks for anything other than sports cars that really don't offer an alternative... why not just go with a hitch rack?

Apparently installing a hitch will void the power train warranty.
Also I use this on my mini Cooper mainly but the car was too small to take on such a long trip and I have other things inside the vehicle and I am picking up a body along the way with his bike

Posted: Jun 11, 2020 at 7:37 Quote
ricochetrabbit wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

Also I use this on my mini Cooper mainly but the car was too small to take on such a long trip and I have other things inside the vehicle and I am picking up a body along the way with his bike
Seriously?? What is that, an Outlander? That's pretty outrageous for Mitsubishi to pull that shit... I could understand limiting the class of the hitch but to void the warranty outright for any hitch is nuts.

Posted: Jun 11, 2020 at 7:43 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

Seriously?? What is that, an Outlander? That's pretty outrageous for Mitsubishi to pull that shit... I could understand limiting the class of the hitch but to void the warranty outright for any hitch is nuts.

Yeah 2019 outlander sport what’s funny is that this vehicle everywhere else in the world is rated to tow up to 1500 pounds but in North America nope

O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2020 at 8:20 Quote
ricochetrabbit wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:

Yeah 2019 outlander sport what’s funny is that this vehicle everywhere else in the world is rated to tow up to 1500 pounds but in North America nope

Are you sure? My wife has an outlander and it's rated for 1500lbs. The V6 model is rated for 3500lbs. I'm up in Canada though.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.050489
Mobile Version of Website