PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Aug 10, 2020 at 3:29 Quote
They’re just so ugly, but I hear they ride really well

Posted: Aug 10, 2020 at 3:34 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:

Give it a try on a demo day.
Psssst.... They ride so so balanced and fun ;-)

Posted: Aug 10, 2020 at 3:47 Quote
My friend is sponsored by them. Maybe I should have a go on his. Although I can’t get over the looks, I thibk I’ll go for a Last

Posted: Aug 10, 2020 at 13:28 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:

Better than a Ripmo at least. Just looks like a Jamis Dakar

Posted: Aug 10, 2020 at 17:54 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:

yeah id get a bird over a stumpy evo. The evo lowkey sucks and i own one.

Posted: Aug 10, 2020 at 22:10 Quote
lol propain spindrift

I bought a Zeb, feels stiffer than Yari. Let's see if it starts to creack.

Posted: Aug 11, 2020 at 9:29 Quote
Marasdfg wrote:
lol propain spindrift

I bought a Zeb, feels stiffer than Yari. Let's see if it starts to creack.

Looks good man! How’s that bike ride?

Posted: Aug 11, 2020 at 12:26 Quote
kwapik wrote:
Brasher wrote:
I still can’t make up my mind on 38 vs Zeb. Replacing my 36 grip 2’s. I wasn’t exactly thrilled by them. My other bike has a 36 rhythm with a smashpot and it’s miles better.

If I get a CSU creak I will lose my shit lol.

There are reports of 38s creaking already in some of the threads unfortunately.

Have you considered the Mezzer? Fantastic stiff fork with loads of adjustability. Really decent weight too.

I'm 85% sure that's my plan for the winter. I've got a XL 2020 Slayer 29" and I'm built like a defensive lineman, so stiffer is always better. Right now it's a toss up between a ZEB and a Mezzer, but we'll see what kind of deals (if any) I can find in the of season.

Posted: Aug 11, 2020 at 17:31 Quote
Well long and short of it, you can't get a Zeb here in Aus (170mm 29'er) till late October

I can get a 38 in 2 weeks for a tiny bit more $$$ thanks to shop discount.

I sold my 36 to some guy last night for good money so this isn't going to be a huge gamble by any means. From a few people in the industry I spoke to they are all reccomending the 38 for me anyway knowing my fatness and riding style (there is no style, you just plow like a wrecking ball till you crash or make the end of the trail) Smile

Posted: Aug 11, 2020 at 18:09 Quote
Brasher wrote:
Well long and short of it, you can't get a Zeb here in Aus (170mm 29'er) till late October

I can get a 38 in 2 weeks for a tiny bit more $$$ thanks to shop discount.

I sold my 36 to some guy last night for good money so this isn't going to be a huge gamble by any means. From a few people in the industry I spoke to they are all reccomending the 38 for me anyway knowing my fatness and riding style (there is no style, you just plow like a wrecking ball till you crash or make the end of the trail) Smile

haha yeah yeah! let us know how it rides. many of us are now in the 38 vs zeb camp and don't know what to do!

Posted: Aug 11, 2020 at 21:24 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
bikerboywill wrote:

yeah id get a bird over a stumpy evo. The evo lowkey sucks and i own one.

It's funny to me how polarizing the Evo is. People either love it or hate it. As for me, I love it!

Posted: Aug 11, 2020 at 21:36 Quote
I was just about to order a 38 but decided to order a z1 coil, I’m 220 pounds thought I’d need the extra stiffness but have been so unimpressed with air suspension didn’t want to risk not liking it for how much more expensive and the 38 is , z1 just seems to be a coil spring fox 36 for less money

Posted: Aug 11, 2020 at 21:53 Quote
mikec933 wrote:
I was just about to order a 38 but decided to order a z1 coil, I’m 220 pounds thought I’d need the extra stiffness but have been so unimpressed with air suspension didn’t want to risk not liking it for how much more expensive and the 38 is , z1 just seems to be a coil spring fox 36 for less money

I have something very similar on my meta, it's a 36 Rythym with a smashpot, It's miles better than the 36 grip2 airfork even with the fitgrip damper. You will love it.

The chassis is a tad stiffer than a normal 36, slightly noticeable I would say.

Posted: Aug 12, 2020 at 8:29 Quote
skierdud89 wrote:
It's funny to me how polarizing the Evo is. People either love it or hate it. As for me, I love it!

Exactly - but it's like that in the entire bike industry. One person will say a Lyrik rides like crap and another will say it's the best fork they've ever rode.

Posted: Aug 12, 2020 at 12:17 Quote
kwapik wrote:
skierdud89 wrote:

Exactly - but it's like that in the entire bike industry. One person will say a Lyrik rides like crap and another will say it's the best fork they've ever rode.
True that! Case and point: Avid brakes lol lol

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014827
Mobile Version of Website