Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Oct 10, 2020 at 21:58 Quote
nubbs wrote:
Many nights were spent awake thinking about buying a Banshee... Looks great!

Posted: Oct 11, 2020 at 1:28 Quote
nubbs wrote:

Oo, and are those the xt enduro wheels? I was pretty close to get a set, but i went for the dt way instead. How are they holding up so far?

Posted: Oct 11, 2020 at 4:09 Quote
Cable drop at killington bike park.

Bike was a demon. Big difference from the trek.

Posted: Oct 11, 2020 at 6:07 Quote
Did you hit that drop? It’s pretty big and intimidating. I turned it down last time I was there. Kudos if you did...

Posted: Oct 11, 2020 at 10:53 Quote
fredro wrote:
Did you hit that drop? It’s pretty big and intimidating. I turned it down last time I was there. Kudos if you did...

Yeah, after two run ups and watching other people’s speed. I cut the angle...after the rear wheel left the jump, I pushed the front of the bike down...landed slightly front wheel first.

Posted: Oct 11, 2020 at 12:43 Quote
Drifting was easy in these conditions Razz

Posted: Oct 11, 2020 at 19:09 Quote
moferenc wrote:
nubbs wrote:

Oo, and are those the xt enduro wheels? I was pretty close to get a set, but i went for the dt way instead. How are they holding up so far?

The wheels are good. For the price the value is great. However they are built up to 28 hole hubs with 2 cross lacing. Not very stout and rims are relatively soft. I already flat spotted the rear rim, needs replacing. A DT wheel/rim would be a better choice

The hubs are nice though. They roll very very well and have good engagement. Classic loose ball shimano style there.

Posted: Oct 11, 2020 at 21:12 Quote
I built up my new commencal tr29, such a fun bike. Thing rips, also climbs well. Kind of heavy at 37 lbs, but handles like a lighter bike. Pretty impressed. I bought it because I missed my sb150; it has similar geometry, and only a little less travel.

DVO Onyx / Jade X
Sram XX1 Dub crankset 30T
One up Chainguide
One up EDC - steer tube
One up 185mm dropper
Fabric Saddle
Saint brakes w/ 203mm TRP rotors
XT 12 speed drivetrain
Deity carbon bars w/ 50mm stem
Santa Cruz reserve 30 w/ Mine sweeper inserts
DHF 29x2.5 / Aggressor DD 29x2.5 rear

Posted: Oct 11, 2020 at 23:41 Quote
redemption08 wrote:
I built up my new commencal tr29, such a fun bike. Thing rips, also climbs well. Kind of heavy at 37 lbs, but handles like a lighter bike. Pretty impressed. I bought it because I missed my sb150; it has similar geometry, and only a little less travel.

DVO Onyx / Jade X
One up Chainguide
One up EDC - steer tube
One up 185mm dropper
Fabric Saddle
XT 12 speed drivetrain

shes stunning, I love the high polish frames.

Posted: Oct 11, 2020 at 23:47 Quote
finally got a chance to ride my AM, I cannot get over how well it pedals ( not light but it flies up hill) but the thing that really blew my mind is that it doesnt ride like the tank that I thought it might considering just how long and slack it is (got to play with it in a small dirt jump park). I no longer am worried that I had made the wrong call with the AM as opposed to the TR ( do hit stuff that suits an AM but half my trails are also a bit more suited to the TR).

Im completely in love.

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 4:18 Quote
MrZ32 wrote:
finally got a chance to ride it, I cannot get over how well it pedals ( not light but it flies up hill) but the thing that really blew my mind is that it doesnt ride like the tank that I thought it might considering just how long and slack it is (got to play with it in a small dirt jump park). I no longer am worried that I had made the wrong call with the AM as opposed to the TR ( do hit stuff that suits an AM but half my trails are also a bit more suited to the TR).

Im completely in love.

beautiful man! i had a META TR 3 years ago and it has been by far my favorite bike. And at their price point, its hard to beat!

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 6:25 Quote
redemption08 wrote:

DVO Onyx / Jade X
One up Chainguide
One up EDC - steer tube
One up 185mm dropper
Fabric Saddle
XT 12 speed drivetrain

How’s it ride with the coil? Progressive enough?

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 8:47 Quote
Updated my Bronson C with some bits over the past few months

Sram AXS XX1, Reverb
RS Lyrik Ultimate and Super Deluxe Coil bouncers

Santa Cruz Bronson C Size Large Sram AXS XX1 Sram AXS Reverb 170 Rock Shox Lyrik Ultimate RC2 Rock Shox Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil Sram X01 Crank Sram Code RSC Santa Cruz Reserve 30mm Chromag Fubar OSX Bar Chromag Hifi Stem Specialized Phenom Saddle Maxxis Minion DHF DHR 2

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 8:51 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
redemption08 wrote:

DVO Onyx / Jade X
One up Chainguide
One up EDC - steer tube
One up 185mm dropper
Fabric Saddle
XT 12 speed drivetrain

How’s it ride with the coil? Progressive enough?

It rides great with a coil. I kind of want to try a standard dvo jade, I have found the climb switch isn't really needed. It jumps really nice, lots of support. I actually firmed it up to make it feel better, doesn't really sacrifice small bump. Overall the bike pedals really well. I have been getting PR's on strava with it.

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 9:16 Quote
sren wrote:
Updated my Bronson C with some bits over the past few months

Sram AXS XX1, Reverb
RS Lyrik Ultimate and Super Deluxe Coil bouncers

Santa Cruz Bronson C Size Large Sram AXS XX1 Sram AXS Reverb 170 Rock Shox Lyrik Ultimate RC2 Rock Shox Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil Sram X01 Crank Sram Code RSC Santa Cruz Reserve 30mm Chromag Fubar OSX Bar Chromag Hifi Stem Specialized Phenom Saddle Maxxis Minion DHF DHR 2

Very, very nice!

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022151
Mobile Version of Website