Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Author Message
Posted: Nov 18, 2020 at 14:47 Quote
MrZ32 wrote:
ryan198232 wrote:

Disregard the temp rear tire, I am waiting on the other kenda so show up but wanted to set everything up after my suspension arrived yesterday.

these bikes are seriously capable and surprisingly efficient, with the capability of climbing tech obstacles like no other.

I hope people dont write them off thinking that they are too heavy or think that they are incapable for being used as a normal bike due to the geometry because they are surprisingly poppy and playful (dont get me wrong.. its a also bulldozer if thats what you want) but yeah.. dont write them off due to their weight or geo.

I was seriously considering one of these until I saw the leverage ratios. They’ve made them more linear to “ be more comfortable” so you’ll have to stuff the shock full of spacers to give you enough support and pretty much writes off running a coil which is a shame. One of the best looking bikes at the moment though

Posted: Nov 18, 2020 at 15:14 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
MrZ32 wrote:
ryan198232 wrote:

Disregard the temp rear tire, I am waiting on the other kenda so show up but wanted to set everything up after my suspension arrived yesterday.

these bikes are seriously capable and surprisingly efficient, with the capability of climbing tech obstacles like no other.

I hope people dont write them off thinking that they are too heavy or think that they are incapable for being used as a normal bike due to the geometry because they are surprisingly poppy and playful (dont get me wrong.. its a also bulldozer if thats what you want) but yeah.. dont write them off due to their weight or geo.

I was seriously considering one of these until I saw the leverage ratios. They’ve made them more linear to “ be more comfortable” so you’ll have to stuff the shock full of spacers to give you enough support and pretty much writes off running a coil which is a shame. One of the best looking bikes at the moment though

out of interest, where did you find the leverage curve? As for the coil, you can get progressive coils now, so no big issue there.

and I have noticed that i need a volume spacer for the float x2

Posted: Nov 18, 2020 at 16:51 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
How’s the Mezzer compare to your 36?

As weird as it is to type this I'm using less travel on the mezzer than I did on the 36 but it soaks up hits so much better especially high speed chunk! Even though it's stupid plush it stays high in it's travel so lots of support in corners and holds your geometry on steeps.

Posted: Nov 18, 2020 at 18:55 Quote
tom666 wrote:
Super super sick. Monochrome colour scheme is epic and all sits really well together.

Some slightly unusual spec choices if you don't mind me saying:

DMR cranks and box shifting, TRP brakes - reads like you're avoiding shimano and sram? Is that intentional?

Love the Manitou setup

Patrol build above is sick too.

lol it looks like he’s running a shimano rotor in the back and sram in the front lol

Posted: Nov 18, 2020 at 19:26 Quote
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
tom666 wrote:
Super super sick. Monochrome colour scheme is epic and all sits really well together.

Some slightly unusual spec choices if you don't mind me saying:

DMR cranks and box shifting, TRP brakes - reads like you're avoiding shimano and sram? Is that intentional?

Love the Manitou setup

Patrol build above is sick too.

lol it looks like he’s running a shimano rotor in the back and sram in the front lol

Yea, had to steal those from extras. Matching rotors are on the way

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 1:39 Quote
Awesome day out.. 6am start (1.5hrs away from my place)... sneaky 30km before work... great way to start the day.

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 6:00 Quote
You heard it here first! lol

Boris
Boris!

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 8:52 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
You heard it here first! lol

Boris
Boris!

Sexy bike cycle.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 6:04 Quote
MrZ32 wrote:
Awesome day out.. 6am start (1.5hrs away from my place)... sneaky 30km before work... great way to start the day.

This one looks super sweet.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 11:54 Quote
its been 5+ years that i hadn't ridding and am excited to be back on the saddle. I had hip replacement surgery about a year and a half ago and my hip feels amazing and i feel comfy to be back on the bike. I got this off a friend! The bikes Top Tube is about an inch short for me, but i will fix with a 50mm stem. The bike feels AMAZING as is right now. Super Happy. Now i have to re-learn a lot of things and riding.
-
Jamis Hardline A1 Fox Rhythm 36 Float 27.5 FOX Float DPX2 Performance EVOL Mavic XA 27.5 tubeless wheels 15x110mm axle front and 12x148mm rear hubs Shimano XT 1x11-speed SAINT Brakes KS E20i Internal Dropper Southpaw remote
Jamis Hardline A1 Fox Rhythm 36 Float 27.5 FOX Float DPX2 Performance EVOL Mavic XA 27.5 tubeless wheels 15x110mm axle front and 12x148mm rear hubs Shimano XT 1x11-speed SAINT Brakes KS E20i Internal Dropper Southpaw remote
Jamis Hardline A1 Fox Rhythm 36 Float 27.5 FOX Float DPX2 Performance EVOL Mavic XA 27.5 tubeless wheels 15x110mm axle front and 12x148mm rear hubs Shimano XT 1x11-speed SAINT Brakes KS E20i Internal Dropper Southpaw remote
Jamis Hardline A1 Fox Rhythm 36 Float 27.5 FOX Float DPX2 Performance EVOL Mavic XA 27.5 tubeless wheels 15x110mm axle front and 12x148mm rear hubs Shimano XT 1x11-speed SAINT Brakes KS E20i Internal Dropper Southpaw remote
Jamis Hardline A1 Fox Rhythm 36 Float 27.5 FOX Float DPX2 Performance EVOL Mavic XA 27.5 tubeless wheels 15x110mm axle front and 12x148mm rear hubs Shimano XT 1x11-speed SAINT Brakes KS E20i Internal Dropper Southpaw remote
-

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 12:03 Quote
davidt wrote:
its been 5+ years that i hadn't ridding and am excited to be back on the saddle. I had hip replacement surgery about a year and a half ago and my hip feels amazing and i feel comfy to be back on the bike. I got this off a friend! The bikes Top Tube is about an inch short for me, but i will fix with a 50mm stem. The bike feels AMAZING as is right now. Super Happy. Now i have to re-learn a lot of things and riding.
-
Jamis Hardline A1 Fox Rhythm 36 Float 27.5 FOX Float DPX2 Performance EVOL Mavic XA 27.5 tubeless wheels 15x110mm axle front and 12x148mm rear hubs Shimano XT 1x11-speed SAINT Brakes KS E20i Internal Dropper Southpaw remote
Jamis Hardline A1 Fox Rhythm 36 Float 27.5 FOX Float DPX2 Performance EVOL Mavic XA 27.5 tubeless wheels 15x110mm axle front and 12x148mm rear hubs Shimano XT 1x11-speed SAINT Brakes KS E20i Internal Dropper Southpaw remote
Jamis Hardline A1 Fox Rhythm 36 Float 27.5 FOX Float DPX2 Performance EVOL Mavic XA 27.5 tubeless wheels 15x110mm axle front and 12x148mm rear hubs Shimano XT 1x11-speed SAINT Brakes KS E20i Internal Dropper Southpaw remote
Jamis Hardline A1 Fox Rhythm 36 Float 27.5 FOX Float DPX2 Performance EVOL Mavic XA 27.5 tubeless wheels 15x110mm axle front and 12x148mm rear hubs Shimano XT 1x11-speed SAINT Brakes KS E20i Internal Dropper Southpaw remote
Jamis Hardline A1 Fox Rhythm 36 Float 27.5 FOX Float DPX2 Performance EVOL Mavic XA 27.5 tubeless wheels 15x110mm axle front and 12x148mm rear hubs Shimano XT 1x11-speed SAINT Brakes KS E20i Internal Dropper Southpaw remote
-

Welcome back!

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 13:53 Quote
davidt wrote:
its been 5+ years that i hadn't ridding and am excited to be back on the saddle. I had hip replacement surgery about a year and a half ago and my hip feels amazing and i feel comfy to be back on the bike. I got this off a friend! The bikes Top Tube is about an inch short for me, but i will fix with a 50mm stem. The bike feels AMAZING as is right now. Super Happy. Now i have to re-learn a lot of things and riding.
-
Jamis Hardline A1 Fox Rhythm 36 Float 27.5 FOX Float DPX2 Performance EVOL Mavic XA 27.5 tubeless wheels 15x110mm axle front and 12x148mm rear hubs Shimano XT 1x11-speed SAINT Brakes KS E20i Internal Dropper Southpaw remote
Jamis Hardline A1 Fox Rhythm 36 Float 27.5 FOX Float DPX2 Performance EVOL Mavic XA 27.5 tubeless wheels 15x110mm axle front and 12x148mm rear hubs Shimano XT 1x11-speed SAINT Brakes KS E20i Internal Dropper Southpaw remote
Jamis Hardline A1 Fox Rhythm 36 Float 27.5 FOX Float DPX2 Performance EVOL Mavic XA 27.5 tubeless wheels 15x110mm axle front and 12x148mm rear hubs Shimano XT 1x11-speed SAINT Brakes KS E20i Internal Dropper Southpaw remote
Jamis Hardline A1 Fox Rhythm 36 Float 27.5 FOX Float DPX2 Performance EVOL Mavic XA 27.5 tubeless wheels 15x110mm axle front and 12x148mm rear hubs Shimano XT 1x11-speed SAINT Brakes KS E20i Internal Dropper Southpaw remote
Jamis Hardline A1 Fox Rhythm 36 Float 27.5 FOX Float DPX2 Performance EVOL Mavic XA 27.5 tubeless wheels 15x110mm axle front and 12x148mm rear hubs Shimano XT 1x11-speed SAINT Brakes KS E20i Internal Dropper Southpaw remote
-

That suspension looks wild! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on how it rides

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 14:02 Quote
gnarcissistictendency wrote:

That suspension looks wild! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on how it rides

Ive done some pedaling around the city and here is ZERO pedal bob, the suspending is amazing for pedalling, i also gapped some stairs and this thning ate it up like nothing. So far, so good, but again, i'm still getting back on a saddle and mind you when i left MTB bike technology was really different. I was riding a single pivot morewood 26 inch DH bike and dirt jumpers.... so, thats all i can really compare it to.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 14:07 Quote
I think when you have so little to compare it to it's hard to say how it rides really.


Looks super cool though and awesome photos tup

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 14:17 Quote
The Jamis and Meta look sweet!

And welcome back to the MTB scene- must feel amazing being able to swing a leg over a bike again


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022283
Mobile Version of Website