fredro wrote:
The “crier” lol.

Be nice people.

I only troll trolls, I’m never rude unless prompted

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 12:44 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
Especially when the elevation was probably sub 100ft

#causeflorida
Fixed that for you... Florida is flatter than you can believe. A month riding in California will get you more elevation than a year riding in Florida.

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 12:51 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
bikerboywill wrote:
Especially when the elevation was probably sub 100ft

#causeflorida
Fixed that for you... Florida is flatter than you can believe. A month riding in California will get you more elevation than a year riding in Florida.

I have been once and was trying to be generous. I did think I could never live there cause of the lack of hills.

For comparison I rode 12 miles today with 3200ft of climbing on this today. I’ll try keep this forum on track

photo

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 13:04 Quote
chunter wrote:
secondtimeuser wrote:
Eh, 19 miles of XC would ruin me too, but fortunately I've got a fun local XC route so at least I've had some kind of fun. There's just basically no opportunity for me to get out more often than I do so there's never chance to improve fitness.

I guarantee 19 miles where you ride is not equivalent to where the crier rides. The only hills in Florida are made of trash, literally
Just checked Trailforks and one 10-mile lap of my loop is ~1400ft climbing so yeah, I think there might be a topographical advantage! I like to think there's a fun 19 mile loop in Florida somewhere though.

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 13:55 Quote
1. 19 miles total...3 separate trails.
2. Wasn’t in Florida
3. XC sucks.

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 13:58 Quote
sherbet wrote:
If you're dead after 19 miles of pedaling, you should straightup be working on your cycling fitness. No beef, no put down, just that's not very long in context. Maybe grab a trainer. Pedaling your bike shouldn't be a chore.

Don’t care...I prefer bike parks, always have. However, increasing fitness is always a good thing.

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 13:59 Quote
chunter wrote:
secondtimeuser wrote:
Eh, 19 miles of XC would ruin me too, but fortunately I've got a fun local XC route so at least I've had some kind of fun. There's just basically no opportunity for me to get out more often than I do so there's never chance to improve fitness.

I guarantee 19 miles where you ride is not equivalent to where the crier rides. The only hills in Florida are made of trash, literally

You would have a good point if it was in Florida. You know what they say about when you assume right?

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 14:43 Quote
At what point does trail riding become xc? I consider riding simply trail riding and while I struggle with hills (going up) I love riding bikes in general; be it 2miles or 20+ it’s all good to me. Plus, even 19 miles of “xc” riding is far better than no riding...

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 14:52 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
At what point does trail riding become xc? I consider riding simply trail riding and while I struggle with hills (going up) I love riding bikes in general; be it 2miles or 20+ it’s all good to me. Plus, even 19 miles of “xc” riding is far better than no riding...

XC exists in some bizarre MC Escher world where you can do the same loop over and over while only gaining elevation and never descending.

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 15:16 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:

Xc is more a style of riding to me. Loops. Etc
Trail riding has varying terrain, ups and downs, little bit of everything. Xc is just miserable constant pedaling, in boring loops.

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 15:36 Quote
So if youre doing laps, that makes it XC?
I did 4 laps yesterday, 2000ft of climbing, but i was descending the double black dh trail. Maybe i should get an xc bike. all the excuse i need for another bike!

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 15:40 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
I did 4 laps yesterday, 2000ft of climbing, but i was descending the double black dh trail. Maybe i should get an xc bike. all the excuse i need for another bike!

Just my definition. It’s not a fact. Define your riding how you like!

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 16:14 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
If a single trail is a loop or the trail is flat ish, I consider that xc.

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 16:15 Quote
I'd argue degree of difficulty is what makes XC... it's less about riding terrain and more about covering ground. Like WC XC isn't even really XC anymore imo, it's like WC trail riding on a lot 9f those courses. XC was the og grinding out pace with max VO2 competition that didn't really present much in the way of technical challenge.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.050124
Mobile Version of Website