Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 12:39 Quote
ricochetrabbit wrote:
Kamiizoo wrote:
Ricochet, why do you hate on 29ers so much? Kinda curious.

Hey bud.

Honestly, it’s mainly aesthetics. They just look absurd. Unless the frame is a XL/XXL.
I have rode a few...Pivot Firebird. Trek Fuel EX. and they just ride goofy. Sit high. yeah it rolled faster, and I kept momentum better, but at what cost? Bike wasn’t more agile. I like a BMX feeling bike...29ers ain’t it. Plus, I’m not much of a fan of constantly pedaling...so a 29er is really of no use for me

My wife loves 29ers...and she drops me on any XC rides. Different strokes for different folks.

-shrug-
I get the bmx thing. I ride dj a lot, and 26 is what I am used to. I love more agile bikes. I try to be open to 29ers though, cause it just opens more options for bikes. Some bikes can look good with 29ers, for example, commencals. But yeah most bikes with 27.5 look better.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 12:45 Quote
Kamiizoo wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:
Kamiizoo wrote:
Ricochet, why do you hate on 29ers so much? Kinda curious.

Hey bud.

Honestly, it’s mainly aesthetics. They just look absurd. Unless the frame is a XL/XXL.
I have rode a few...Pivot Firebird. Trek Fuel EX. and they just ride goofy. Sit high. yeah it rolled faster, and I kept momentum better, but at what cost? Bike wasn’t more agile. I like a BMX feeling bike...29ers ain’t it. Plus, I’m not much of a fan of constantly pedaling...so a 29er is really of no use for me

My wife loves 29ers...and she drops me on any XC rides. Different strokes for different folks.

-shrug-
I get the bmx thing. I ride dj a lot, and 26 is what I am used to. I love more agile bikes. I try to be open to 29ers though, cause it just opens more options for bikes. Some bikes can look good with 29ers, for example, commencals. But yeah most bikes with 27.5 look better.

I rode a lot of BMX street...so I carried over that “feeling” to bikes. Yes some can look good..I personally think the RAAW Madonna is the best looking bike on earth. And it’s a 29.
But even a dead clock is right twice a day. Smile

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 13:15 Quote
ricochetrabbit wrote:
fredro wrote:
Bblb nailed it

Yeti too is also ubiquitous. Just saying

To an extent. I don’t love Yeti. But every flannel wearing, Tacoma driving, IPA drinking knucklehead doesn’t have one.

That is definitely the Yeti demographic though...

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 13:18 Quote
RyanWensley wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:
fredro wrote:
Bblb nailed it

To an extent. I don’t love Yeti. But every flannel wearing, Tacoma driving, IPA drinking knucklehead doesn’t have one.

Not NEARLY as much as the SC clowns tho. Lol.

To be fair tho..my brother lives in Seattle and rides and says the Knolly guys are the same way. I have yet to see another Knolly on this coast except for awhile ago at mountain creek. In 6 trips to the bike park this year I didn’t see another one.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 13:20 Quote
ricochetrabbit wrote:
RyanWensley wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:

To be fair tho..my brother lives in Seattle and rides and says the Knolly guys are the same way. I have yet to see another Knolly on this coast except for awhile ago at mountain creek. In 6 trips to the bike park this year I didn’t see another one.

tbh the only person I know who rides a Knolly is a dickhead. The only person I know who rides a SC and a Yeti is also a dickhead. Think it's just people in general

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 13:25 Quote
RyanWensley wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:
RyanWensley wrote:

tbh the only person I know who rides a Knolly is a dickhead. The only person I know who rides a SC and a Yeti is also a dickhead. Think it's just people in general

I don’t think that the Santa Cruz riding, IPA drinking,flannel wearing, Tacoma driving riders are dicks. Probably very fine people. Just ubiquitousSmile

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 14:04 Quote
Judging people by the bikes they ride, not the content of their character. Wow.

Reasons of SC’s ubiquity is simple. Because the bikes and the company are great. Period.

Let’s start using “omnipotent”, as a synonym. The word “ubiquitous” has been overly over used.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 14:10 Quote
fredro wrote:

Reasons of SC’s ubiquity is simple. Because the bikes and the company are great. Period.

Let’s start using “omnipotent”, as a synonym. The word “ubiquitous” has been overly over used.

Stereotypes exist for a reason. In my line of work especially.

But I agree. Let’s retire ubiquitous

O+
Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 14:12 Quote
Kieran-Young wrote:
There was a demo day in the tweed valley years ago, I demo’d a Bronson..... The Bronson was okay, it wasn’t bad. But it definitely wasn’t worth the money they wanted for it, the Yeti impressed me more.

I also found the current carbon Bronson to be pretty subpar at slower speeds (even after a good bit of fiddling with suspension settings), at higher speeds it was good. And there is enough slow speed tech in CO for that to steer me away from it.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 14:16 Quote
ricochetrabbit wrote:
fredro wrote:

Stereotypes exist for police also. Is that fair to mention by your rationale?

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 14:19 Quote
fredro wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:
fredro wrote:

Stereotypes exist for police also. Is that fair to mention by your rationale?

Some yes.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 14:21 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
Kieran-Young wrote:
There was a demo day in the tweed valley years ago, I demo’d a Bronson..... The Bronson was okay, it wasn’t bad. But it definitely wasn’t worth the money they wanted for it, the Yeti impressed me more.

I also found the current carbon Bronson to be pretty subpar at slower speeds (even after a good bit of fiddling with suspension settings), at higher speeds it was good. And there is enough slow speed tech in CO for that to steer me away from it.

Feel that's honestly most bikes these days

Mod
Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 14:23 Quote
ricochetrabbit wrote:
fredro wrote:
Bblb nailed it

I feel attacked and I sold my taco years ago.

XXXS 29ers do look just a bit out of place. But then again, WTH looks weird so it works out.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 14:32 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:
fredro wrote:
Bblb nailed it

XXXS 29ers do look just a bit out of place. But then again, WTH looks weird so it works out.

Tacoma’s are good trucks. But like SC...priced ridiculous for what you get. Manual seats...dated interior..dated infotainment...cramped...a TRD sport Tacoma is over 40k! That’s insanity.

Mod
Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 14:37 Quote
ricochetrabbit wrote:
isaacschmidt wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:

Tacoma’s are good trucks. But like SC...priced ridiculous for what you get. Manual seats...dated interior..dated infotainment...cramped...a TRD sport Tacoma is over 40k! That’s insanity.

Man they've gone up. Mine was under 20k and that felt expensive at the time. It did have automated seats and that was a 2002... Cramped - no(but entirely subjective), I'm 6'3" and basically lived in mine for 2.5 years while being a sales rep. It was an efficient use of interior space compared to the Silverado I replaced it with...

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.029625
Mobile Version of Website