Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 6:19 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
I don’t suppose you remember if his era was “sucked” down when it has no air in. Im wondering if this is why mine is feeling very soft, it’s like it’s been built bottomed out and when it’s inflated it is still being sucked down by the negative air pressure in the lowers

I don’t think so. He was feeling extra firmness, so it sounds like the opposite problem. Any luck getting it sorted out?

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 14:03 Quote
My new whip. Did a frame swap with my Ripmo. Only been out for a few quick rides, but so far I’m loving the extra progression and the the 63.5 ha. Feels brilliant on turns, chunk and everything else. Treated myself to the one up bar - finish is beautiful, nice rise and they feel great

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 15:03 Quote
tbc wrote:
My new whip. Did a frame swap with my Ripmo. Only been out for a few quick rides, but so far I’m loving the extra progression and the the 63.5 ha. Feels brilliant on turns, chunk and everything else. Treated myself to the one up bar - finish is beautiful, nice rise and they feel great

curious on your thoughts comparing the suspension of the ripmo and the sentinel

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 15:54 Quote
tbc wrote:

Love this! Also running 2021 fox and oneup bars. So far I’m loving it all. How about you? That thing looks like a trail muncher for sure. Woo wooo

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 1:21 Quote
tbc wrote:

Oh yeah, that is lovely!

I don’t get all the negative press about slack head angles. Since getting my g1 I haven’t noticed any drawbacks with the head angle apart from going sub walking pace

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 1:33 Quote
You get used to bigger reach and slacker head angles really quick.

Coming from a quick handling and super agile bike it can feel like a barge for the first couples rides, particularly if the bike is heavier than your old one too, which is often the way now.

You get used to it super fast though - and once you're used to it there's no going back really. Way more capable.

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 1:59 Quote
Just finished this beauty ^ ^

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 2:06 Quote
ursmeloman wrote:
Just finished this beauty ^ ^

Not Bad, Not bad

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 7:06 Quote
tom666 wrote:
You get used to bigger reach and slacker head angles really quick.

Coming from a quick handling and super agile bike it can feel like a barge for the first couples rides, particularly if the bike is heavier than your old one too, which is often the way now.

You get used to it super fast though - and once you're used to it there's no going back really. Way more capable.

I had the same experience. Went from a 2017 5010 to a 2021 Marin Alpine Trail . First ride I was thinking what have I done - this thing is a pig. Few rides later... this pig gets LOOSE Drool

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 9:01 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
tbc wrote:

curious on your thoughts comparing the suspension of the ripmo and the sentinel

So, I should say that the Ripmo is an unbelievably good bike. It just wants to go fast. It pedals for days! However, I had to fill the X2 on it with spacers and had way higher pressure than I wanted in the can. It would just blow through its travel a little too easily for me. The Transition has a much firmer platform, Im running one spacer and 20psi less and im not bottoming out (not sure how much difference the 21 shock makes? Was on a 19 x2 on the ripmo). Both super fast bikes, but at the moment im loving the extra progression and slacker head angle. Got a pr on a trail that I ride regularly today and ive only ridden it twice on my sentinel and it really didnt feel like a good run. So far im really pleased with my choice.

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 16:30 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
DVO suspension looks so good. I really wish fork manufacturers would get more serious about offering different colour options. If I can order stems, hubs, grips, and seats in a million colours, why not forks?

Dvo suspension rides really nice. The tuning is different, but works really well when dialed in. Love mine.

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 17:20 Quote
redemption08 wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
DVO suspension looks so good. I really wish fork manufacturers would get more serious about offering different colour options. If I can order stems, hubs, grips, and seats in a million colours, why not forks?

Dvo suspension rides really nice. The tuning is different, but works really well when dialed in. Love mine.

Just recently picked up a diamond for my sons hardtail, I've gotten a couple rides in on it and it feels really good right out of the box.

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 17:44 Quote
Went for the fox coil with springdex for the Prime. Much excitement for park season

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 18:15 Quote
That Totem decal gets me every time.

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 21:12 Quote
That looks very smashy!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015739
Mobile Version of Website