Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 2:25 Quote
nubbs wrote:
Went for the fox coil with springdex for the Prime. Much excitement for park season

Lovely, im thinking about stripping the paint out of my Rune V2

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 6:09 Quote
That’s a sexy looking bike right there. Looks like an arrowhead

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 9:26 Quote
Was finally warm enough I felt like getting out for a nice ride!!

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 9:57 Quote
nubbs wrote:
Went for the fox coil with springdex for the Prime. Much excitement for park season

I haven't got my Zeb yet, but have already ordered Totem decals for it. Ha ha

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 9:58 Quote
jsnfschr wrote:
nubbs wrote:

Where did you find them??

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 10:05 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
jsnfschr wrote:
nubbs wrote:

I too would like some totem decals for my zeb

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 14:23 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:
jsnfschr wrote:

I too would like some totem decals for my zeb

eBay has em from UK

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 18:25 Quote
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rock-Shox-Totem-Mountain-Bike-Cycling-Decal-Kit-Sticker-Adhesive-White-Black-/113258501190

There you go.

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 19:11 Quote
Seems like an odd question lol, but for all the Zeb peoples, does the Zeb ever feel like overkill on less gnarly trails? I know it feels a lot better in gnarly stuff, but does it ever detract from your experience on mellow stuff? I ride a huge variety of trails and I'm trying to figure out whether to go with the Lyrik or Zeb

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 19:21 Quote
The only detractor for a zeb would be the weight as I believe the damper and air spring are very similar to the lyrik and pike. So as long as you are ok with the extra heft I can't see why it detract from day to day riding.

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 19:31 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
The only detractor for a zeb would be the weight as I believe the damper and air spring are very similar to the lyrik and pike. So as long as you are ok with the extra heft I can't see why it detract from day to day riding.

Zeb rides higher in its stroke than lyrik and pike, which i can confirm from experience

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 19:56 Quote
iamenduro14 wrote:
Seems like an odd question lol, but for all the Zeb peoples, does the Zeb ever feel like overkill on less gnarly trails? I know it feels a lot better in gnarly stuff, but does it ever detract from your experience on mellow stuff? I ride a huge variety of trails and I'm trying to figure out whether to go with the Lyrik or Zeb

I actually forget about it, which is a positive me. I use it on a hardtail and ride everything with this bike, it’s my only ride right now. Admittedly, I’m a bigger dude at 6’ 7” and 275lbs and a pike was a noodle. Great fork but lots of flex. I’m glad I made the switch.

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 21:29 Quote
iamenduro14 wrote:

If you ride 50% gnarly stuff and 50% mellow then zeb should be good. if youre only riding gnarly stuff like 10-20% of the time then id go lyrik for the weight savings.

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 22:28 Quote
I'd say it's a 70% gnarly - 30% mellow split for me. I was really only considering the Lyrik because I like to do huge days on the bike, but it sounds like pedaling the extra weight around is worth it. Thanks for the input guys.

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 7:42 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:

Zeb rides higher in its stroke than lyrik and pike, which i can confirm from experience

Does your experience include said forks after the update to air spring? I found my lyrik rides at the top of its travel after the upgrade.

I like the zeb and I could see buying one if I didn’t already have the lyrik but the mountainbike industry preys on 5% stiffness or 10mm or .5 grams. It’s a lot like the gun industry.

Negligible gains for a complete reinvestment.

No thanks.

I’d say if you already own a fork without the best damper then upgrade the damper before paying for another fork. Make sure if you grab a new fork to buy the best model. There’s definitely a difference in how the ride.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016263
Mobile Version of Website