Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 10:48 Quote
Could you do the same thing w/that Flex-Seal rubber sh*t, or does that NOT work for making something like this?

~JSV

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 10:51 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
Could you do the same thing w/that Flex-Seal rubber sh*t, or does that NOT work for making something like this?

Dude Flex Seal fixes so many things. As for Kashima, I have yet to see testing that proves its "better" than your normal stanchion coats

~JSV

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 11:00 Quote
20413202/ size=m align=c][/P]

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 11:11 Quote
Hey that's pretty neat. How does it hold up?

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 11:17 Quote
Never lost a single piece. So bullet proof. I was so impressed I tried to repair the bottom of my spesh 2fo shoes where the pins had worn holes but that was a step to far Smile

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 12:30 Quote
Nice. Is it fairly easy to work with?

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 13:06 Quote
commental wrote:
Nice. Is it fairly easy to work with?

Like putty in your hands Smile . Can be any shape you want, you have a good amount to time to refine your shapes (handle of a teaspoon works well) so there’s no need to panic and is ready to be pummelled by your chain in 24hrs. Patience is required to get everything nice n neat and your hands are hard to clean but it’s good stuff. Many colours available too. I’ve always cleaned the chainstay with metho or petrol first to ensure a good bond but I’ve never been to fussy about it and it has never fallen off or worn down.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 13:19 Quote
Rest of the bike it’s attached to. 2020 Reign 29 2

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 13:28 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:

Basically Fox with their Kashima

It’s not Fox’s Kashima. Kashima Coat is a proprietary hard anodizing process invented by the Miyaki Company in Japan. One assumes others could use it, but don’t. Though I get Fox may have an exclusive deal.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 13:44 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:

Basically Fox with their Kashima

It’s not Fox’s Kashima. Kashima Coat is a proprietary hard anodizing process invented by the Miyaki Company in Japan. One assumes others could use it, but don’t. Though I get Fox may have an exclusive deal.

It can be found on some motorcycle forks. though just the uppers since the lowers are gonna be steel (for an inverted fork). I'm surprised no small suspension company has tried to cash in on the branding and make cheap bicycle forks with kashima to appeal to those that don't know better. It may very well be that fox has an exclusive contract.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 13:53 Quote
I seem to remember it's the cost for Kashmoney as they have to be shipped to Japan to do the coating at their factory.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 14:04 Quote
Effectiveness aside, Kashima coating looks baller. When I see a bike that has fox forks that have black stanchions I’m no longer interested, and cease to check the rest of the bike out. Just how I am. I also only drink Voss water. LOL

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 17:00 Quote
Well... MY favorite water is Perrier... so...

~JSV

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 17:12 Quote
I like the look of silver stanchions, then again I only drink hose water.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 17:19 Quote
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
I like the look of silver stanchions, then again I only drink hose water.

Silver? Gives me wal mart vibes

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015380
Mobile Version of Website