Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 8:58 Quote
Thorjensen wrote:
BrendanB229 wrote:
Tinshield wrote:
XR4 is my favorite. One of the lightest all around tires as well.

I second that, I've had them on the last two bikes I've owned and like them for my use. They are fairly light too, but I have slashed a sidewall before so keep that in mind.

Why not go SE4 then?
I've also been on XR4's in both 2.4 and 2.6 and as much as I liked them on all the "roll over" stuff I found the sidewalls to suffer a bit in high g turn.
The SE4 ticked that box too with the stiffer sidewalls
@Thorjensen
So are you saying the SE4 better alternative to the XR4? I looked at some profiles and thought there was another "SE5" that MAY be better for front, but you have used SE4, do you think it's better/stronger on the sidewalls (than the XR4)?

~JSV

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 9:15 Quote
What Spank wheels are those and what tire width are you running? I've been looking into some Spanks.
burritos wrote:
Stumpjumper Evo Alloy S2 27.5

Put some new wheels on my Stumpy Evo, eyeing some eeWings, anyone running those? how do they hold up to rocks?

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 9:33 Quote
the amount of people replying above lately is absurd

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 9:47 Quote
reximus42 wrote:
What Spank wheels are those and what tire width are you running? I've been looking into some Spanks.
burritos wrote:
Stumpjumper Evo Alloy S2 27.5

Put some new wheels on my Stumpy Evo, eyeing some eeWings, anyone running those? how do they hold up to rocks?

They're Spank 33's laced to Hope 4's on oilslick spokes, Minion DHF 2.5 front DHR 2.4 rear

Rolling way faster than the stock wheelset and really digging this tire combo so far.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 9:56 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
the amount of people replying ...

I'm going to try a new trend, just remember you saw it here first

newbermuda wrote:
... above lately is absurd

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 10:00 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

newbermuda wrote:

Down country commenting

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 11:35 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
Thorjensen wrote:
BrendanB229 wrote:

I second that, I've had them on the last two bikes I've owned and like them for my use. They are fairly light too, but I have slashed a sidewall before so keep that in mind.

Why not go SE4 then?
I've also been on XR4's in both 2.4 and 2.6 and as much as I liked them on all the "roll over" stuff I found the sidewalls to suffer a bit in high g turn.
The SE4 ticked that box too with the stiffer sidewalls
@Thorjensen
So are you saying the SE4 better alternative to the XR4? I looked at some profiles and thought there was another "SE5" that MAY be better for front, but you have used SE4, do you think it's better/stronger on the sidewalls (than the XR4)?

~JSV

I wont call the SE casing better 1 vs 1. But if you are a heavier rider that wants to push and pump every bermed corner or come across lots of nasty roots then i'd go SE4. But to gain from the SE casing you would want to ride a bit more aggressive.
I see WAAAAAYYY too many riding Assagai, Forekaster, DHF etc etc that never even wear their sideknobs down but buying meaty tires to compensate for a lack of proper cornering technique.
So if you can use what the offers the go go go.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 12:45 Quote
photo
Isn't really up to date, rn i run a DHX2 with a powdercoated SLS, Chromag Dagga's and Diretissima's.

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 12:50 Quote
Legen...
SileTzar wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

newbermuda wrote:
...dary.

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 12:52 Quote
photo
secondtimeuser wrote:
Legen...
SileTzar wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

newbermuda wrote:
...dary.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 13:10 Quote
Freerider-09 wrote:
photo
Isn't really up to date, rn i run a DHX2 with a powdercoated SLS, Chromag Dagga's and Diretissima's.
I've always loved the FOX w/the black and sliver like that and the kashima. As much as I do love ORANGE, these probably are the best looking FOX design.

~JSV

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 13:26 Quote
What rise bars are everyone running? I had 30mm Atlas, and I just purchased 40mm Renthal. I don’t like a ton of spacers, so I cut my steerer tube down to where I thought I like it...and I do.... But wouldn’t mind just a bit more rise.

Which leads me to my next question...what are the benefits of a “slammed” stack height vs a bunch of spacers? I have my own personal opinion, but there are a lot of smart and knowledgeable people in here I would like to hear their opinion about

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 13:36 Quote
50mm enve m9. Although interested to try that 50mm burgtec bar next.
Higher stack = more comfort in the steeps, at least for tall boi like myself.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 13:41 Quote
Jasonbourne wrote:
What rise bars are everyone running? I had 30mm Atlas, and I just purchased 40mm Renthal. I don’t like a ton of spacers, so I cut my steerer tube down to where I thought I like it...and I do.... But wouldn’t mind just a bit more rise.

Which leads me to my next question...what are the benefits of a “slammed” stack height vs a bunch of spacers? I have my own personal opinion, but there are a lot of smart and knowledgeable people in here I would like to hear their opinion about
On the Yeti i run 25mm of Spacers below the Stem (35x35) and a 25mm Riser cut to 750mm. For my opinion thats the perfect setup for me, i'm only 5' 8 so won't help that much ppl probably. Had nearly the same setup on my Reign some years back and that just felt right to me.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 13:58 Quote
Jasonbourne wrote:

If you stack spacers under the stem, you loose some reach and tt lenght.
I prefer lowest stack at the stem and a hirise bar.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.033439
Mobile Version of Website