Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 8:44 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
@twonsarelli
That's the Dissector up front on that right. 2.6? That tread looks good, and it looks a bit rocky there, that tire work out well for you on those rides?

I'm asking because I'm in this mad confusion over choosing a front tire to go w/my DHR2 2.6 rear. Every time I THINK I've got it picked out, someone here offers another suggestion that sounds just as good lol! ..so I'm confused.

~JSV

it is hartwerks bike so i am not sure which tire is on there

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 9:04 Quote
The fork is a Ribbon Air 160 with 46mm offset. I am liking it so far, but of course still kind of getting it dialed in. It feels good but a bit soft on bigger hits and rough on the smaller chatter, so I'm thinking more air pressure in both the positive and negative chambers might do the trick.

It is a Dissector up front, in a 2.4. It works well for that sort of rocky terrain. There are few moon dust sections, and it definitely isn't as good as a DHF or Assegai in those conditions, but it does roll very well. I'm running that and a Rekon in the back at the moment for a bit more of a light trail bike feel, I don't think it would pair well with a DHR II in the back (I'd actually run the Dissector in the back and the DHR II up front.) My other set of wheels has an Aggressor in the rear and a DHF up front. I would have put an Assegai up front (definitely my favorite aggressive front tire) but I couldn't get a hold of one so went with the DHF.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 9:45 Quote
Thanks. Well this is yet another vote for the Assegai up front. Almost ordered the Bontrager XR4, but I'm gonna' take in a few more suggestions. I'm "getting by" ok w/the stock Butcher, but clearly need something with a bit more sidewall stability, so when it's turning a bit in rougher sections it doesn't give-in or fold too quickly.

When I put more PSI in the Butcher, it rolls well, but hasn't enough grip and traction. I just have to make up my mind soon and just try something, anything lol. Love this DHR2 on the back though!

~JSV

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 10:24 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
Thanks. Well this is yet another vote for the Assegai up front. Almost ordered the Bontrager XR4, but I'm gonna' take in a few more suggestions. I'm "getting by" ok w/the stock Butcher, but clearly need something with a bit more sidewall stability, so when it's turning a bit in rougher sections it doesn't give-in or fold too quickly.

When I put more PSI in the Butcher, it rolls well, but hasn't enough grip and traction. I just have to make up my mind soon and just try something, anything lol. Love this DHR2 on the back though!

~JSV

Consider magic mary front and big betty rear.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 10:39 Quote
meebo wrote:
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:

~JSV

my ebike riding buddy swears by this combo.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 10:44 Quote
I used to run a Magic Mary on the front, then I tried an Assegai. I wouldn't go back.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 11:01 Quote
commental wrote:
I used to run a Magic Mary on the front, then I tried an Assegai. I wouldn't go back.

i have been running DHF for so long but have a 2.5 assegai to try out one my current DHF wears out. i am interested to see how it goes- it is significantly heavier than the EXO DHF (2.5 or 2.6) but a bit lighter than the DH casing DHF (2.5)

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 11:10 Quote
BurgerBeef wrote:
dirtnapped wrote:
Slam that stem 38mm rise bars

2mm of spacers, Slamthatstem dust cover, 38mm (I think?) rise Deity Blacklabel bars. Someone bought a fork with a steerer tube that ended up being a bit too short.

Do you perhaps know what the stock stack height is on this bike?

I'm building one up and the original owner says the steerer tube was never cut, but I can't help but feel there is not much stack height to work with to have been spec's as stock.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry, I got the frame and built it up. There's a pretty active Meta forum here if that helps:

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/x_directtolastpost/?threadid=206983&commentid=6996210

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 11:56 Quote
twonsarelli wrote:
commental wrote:

i have been running DHF for so long but have a 2.5 assegai to try out one my current DHF wears out. i am interested to see how it goes- it is significantly heavier than the EXO DHF (2.5 or 2.6) but a bit lighter than the DH casing DHF (2.5)

Have tried both. If you want grip, Assegai for the win. DHF rolls far better, but on loose over hard I found myself suffering several times because transition from central to side knobs.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 12:09 Quote
twonsarelli wrote:
commental wrote:

I run a dhf exo+ for pedally days. For the bike park I run 2.5 assegai Double Down. If you're looking for all out grip and durability you can't beat it with a stick.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 12:32 Quote
Would you guys say that a 2.5 minion DHF exo+ (Front) And a 2.3 maxxis shorty exo+, (rear) both with cushcore are as stiff as a double down casing?

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 13:16 Quote
AssGuy 2.6 / Aggressor 2.5. Killer combo

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 13:56 Quote
fredro wrote:
AssGuy 2.6 / Aggressor 2.5. Killer combo

Can confirm one of my favorite combos.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 14:23 Quote
twonsarelli wrote:
meebo wrote:
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:

~JSV

my ebike riding buddy swears by this combo.

Aye, i was running magic mary/hans dampf combo and now i wanted to try maxxis so i went with assegai/dhr2 combo and it serms like something is lacking that schwalbe has, specially the mary felt more supportive than assegai.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.032865
Mobile Version of Website