Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Author Message
Posted: May 11, 2021 at 17:54 Quote
Updates to my Marin Rift Zone 27.5 V2
Upgraded Veetire Flow Snap with Speciliazed eliminator grid ( less rolling resistance)
Upgraded kmc chain with shimano deore
Upgraded stem/bar with raceface atlas 35mm and FSA comet 35mm riser bar
Added shimano dropper lever to tranz x dropper post
Shift smooth with hyperglide..all good for now..


Posted: May 11, 2021 at 18:00 Quote
looks very clean! how's she ride?

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 18:02 Quote
Nice looking bike! Very clean and shiny too. Mine is the complete opposite-clapped and dirty

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 18:16 Quote
Clapped and dirty. Haha. Awesome (unless you are stupid enough to buy it used)!

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 18:35 Quote
Adamrideshisbike wrote:
Awesome (unless you are stupid enough to buy it used)!


Well... I can't deny that i bought it used.

My shock has sunk down to sag level for some reason. There used to be something like 135 mm of rear travel and now there is something like 50mm of travel. Should I get a re-build kit or buy a new shock

may have made a mistake...

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 18:36 Quote
Konas are built solid. You'll be fine.

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 18:41 Quote
Adamrideshisbike wrote:
Konas are built solid. You'll be fine.

Yeah, It's actually a pretty rad bike, I just upgraded to a 150 ml pike. The only issue is that I completely blew out the shock as seen in the picture above. The worst part is I'm not sure If I can get it fixed before a race this weekend Eek I may have to ride with 10mm of rear suspension.... at least its MUCH slacker

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 18:46 Quote
twonsarelli wrote:
looks very clean! how's she ride?

Rides sweet...1st full sus with dropper coming from a hardtail..weather in mi has been crappy raining and mid 40s..well get her out on trail as weather is gonna be nice soon

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 4:27 Quote
Dknight3 wrote:
twonsarelli wrote:
looks very clean! how's she ride?

Rides sweet...1st full sus with dropper coming from a hardtail..weather in mi has been crappy raining and mid 40s..well get her out on trail as weather is gonna be nice soon

looks sweet man..!

dude I ride with finally received his Marin SQ hardtail frame and built it up about a month ago. It's pretty damned sharp...and for the money, you can't go wrong. He loves the way it rides....

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 4:30 Quote
p-m-z wrote:
Adamrideshisbike wrote:
Konas are built solid. You'll be fine.

Yeah, It's actually a pretty rad bike, I just upgraded to a 150 ml pike. The only issue is that I completely blew out the shock as seen in the picture above. The worst part is I'm not sure If I can get it fixed before a race this weekend Eek I may have to ride with 10mm of rear suspension.... at least its MUCH slacker

dood...! I thought you got that fixed already ???? not sure why. maybe I thought you posted an action pic after you said the shock was blown out. Hope you get it squared away.

I'd love to get a newer Kona Frown

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 4:49 Quote
Adamrideshisbike wrote:
Konas are built solid. You'll be fine.

It’s amazing how that company was able to turn its image around so quick.

Not long ago the comments were very different from this, lol.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 9:15 Quote
Rightfully so. Kona's turn around has made me a believer for sure. Incredibly solid bikes.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 11:55 Quote
Dknight3 wrote:
twonsarelli wrote:
looks very clean! how's she ride?

Rides sweet...1st full sus with dropper coming from a hardtail..weather in mi has been crappy raining and mid 40s..well get her out on trail as weather is gonna be nice soon
Just curious, That Marin you got there (nice bike), did you get a 27.5 because you were riding that size in HT, or was it frame size, or something else?

I WAS going to go 27.5 FS, but once I decided on 29 I'm certainly glad I did. I still have a 27.5 HT I ride a lot, AND believe it or not I have a Rockhopper that's a 26! I just like to know about riders sticking with the 27.5 because I still like it a lot too.

~JSV

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 11:58 Quote
p-m-z wrote:
Adamrideshisbike wrote:
Awesome (unless you are stupid enough to buy it used)!


Well... I can't deny that i bought it used.

My shock has sunk down to sag level for some reason. There used to be something like 135 mm of rear travel and now there is something like 50mm of travel. Should I get a re-build kit or buy a new shock

may have made a mistake...
ORANGE?? KONA?? No mistakes I can see there! Once you get a new shock in that thing it'll rAwK! What do you have for forks?

~JSV

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 12:31 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
p-m-z wrote:
Adamrideshisbike wrote:
Awesome (unless you are stupid enough to buy it used)!


Well... I can't deny that i bought it used.

My shock has sunk down to sag level for some reason. There used to be something like 135 mm of rear travel and now there is something like 50mm of travel. Should I get a re-build kit or buy a new shock

may have made a mistake...
ORANGE?? KONA?? No mistakes I can see there! Once you get a new shock in that thing it'll rAwK! What do you have for forks?

~JSV

Thanks! 2 weeks ago, I picked up a 150 ml pike for it. I might take the travel up to 160 though because I race a ton of downhill and enduro. I'm thinking of picking up a coil for it because I blew out the rear shock(shown above). I'm not sure however if my linkage would allow a coil. But it's a pretty rad bike, I've been upgrading it every time something breaks (which is a lot) Big Grin


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016575
Mobile Version of Website