Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: May 15, 2021 at 6:10 Quote
BrendanB229 wrote:
Jasonbourne wrote:
What’s going on here? Just put on a new gx 12 speed cassette. When the axle is tightened the wheel will not spin backwards. The smallest cog is basically on the chain stay.

Looks like it’s either not seated on the freewheel or your freewheel isn’t seated on the wheel. Not sure though. I’d take it back apart and put it back together.

I don’t have a cassette lock tool so I haven’t cranked it down yet. I was basically just doing a test fit. Could that be the issue?

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 6:11 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
Stating the obvious, but is that a non-boost older Yeti?

It’s a 2017 sb6

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 6:52 Quote
Jasonbourne wrote:
BrendanB229 wrote:
Jasonbourne wrote:

Looks like it’s either not seated on the freewheel or your freewheel isn’t seated on the wheel. Not sure though. I’d take it back apart and put it back together.

I don’t have a cassette lock tool so I haven’t cranked it down yet. I was basically just doing a test fit. Could that be the issue?

Could be. They should just slide on smooth but sometimes they can be a little snug on the end. Make sure your freewheel body’s pawls are actually engaged in the hub

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 6:59 Quote
Just push it in as far as it goes and then torque to spec (354in-lb if memory serves) - the cassette pulls onboard quite a lot actually. There should be about 10mm of hub axle outboard of the 10t cog once it is properly torqued down.

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 7:10 Quote
BrendanB229 wrote:
Jasonbourne wrote:
BrendanB229 wrote:

Could be. They should just slide on smooth but sometimes they can be a little snug on the end. Make sure your freewheel body’s pawls are actually engaged in the hub

Thanks guys. That was the issue. The cassette still had 1/2 inch to still go before it was even fully seated. I’m a dumbass.

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 7:11 Quote
twonsarelli wrote:
Just push it in as far as it goes and then torque to spec (354in-lb if memory serves) - the cassette pulls onboard quite a lot actually. There should be about 10mm of hub axle outboard of the 10t cog once it is properly torqued down.

Thank you sir

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 7:49 Quote
Glad you got it going. Nice yeti BTW

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 7:52 Quote
BrendanB229 wrote:

Thank you. Just got it. Swapping out the cockpit controls first. Bar is too narrow and I prefer 35mm

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 11:41 Quote
Jasonbourne wrote:
Could that be the issue?

Yeah dawg, those threads are dimensionally very important.

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 12:16 Quote
Jasonbourne wrote:
BrendanB229 wrote:

Thank you. Just got it. Swapping out the cockpit controls first. Bar is too narrow and I prefer 35mm

Yeah very nice! Looks like new in the pics. That's an attractive frame design too, I always think they look like they're being photographed in motion. Some Alchemy frames remind me of that too. Anything with a organic construction like that usually translates well to a good feel when riding. Nice color too on that frame. You get it w/those tires?

~JSV

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 12:19 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
Jasonbourne wrote:
BrendanB229 wrote:

Yeah very nice! Looks like new in the pics. That's an attractive frame design too, I always think they look like they're being photographed in motion. Some Alchemy frames remind me of that too. Anything with a organic construction like that usually translates well to a good feel when riding. Nice color too on that frame. You get it w/those tires?

~JSV

Thank you. I looked at an alchemy arktos before I decided on the sb6. Yes came with the tires…they need to be replaced. I’m swapping them out for a pair of Maxxis Griffins. The bike had ride wrap since new. I since removed it. It was yellowing and peeling and had dirt and shit under it. Took forever to clean it up

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 12:25 Quote
Oh hey no way! Yeah the Arktos, I think that's the bike that looks a lot like this Yeti. I kind of think I like the rear suspension design on your Yeti better though. I'd prob' choose the Yeti too. Maybe again it's the pics, but seriously it looks like almost new.

Have a BLAST this season on that thing!!!

~JSV

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 12:31 Quote
THIS is what I was always curious about with that suspension I just don't know much about it. This is wild how they do this:

~JSV

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 12:32 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
THIS is what I was always curious about with that suspension I just don't know much about it. This is wild how they do this:

~JSV

Switch Infiniti. Alot of people think they are are “shocks”. But they only move up and down in relation to pedal stroke/suspension movement

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015214
Mobile Version of Website