Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: May 17, 2021 at 16:04 Quote
Looking at this, I have CODE RSCs, they don't get this issue too ever do they?

~JSV

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 16:34 Quote
Guides and Levels iirc, new Codes and G2s don't have this issue that I've seen

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 16:34 Quote
Depends what year you have, forget what year they fixed it. Also if it never gets very hot where you are you're good. My brakes were fine until they got put in a moving truck and baked in the sun for a few days moving across the country.

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 16:45 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
Depends what year you have, forget what year they fixed it. Also if it never gets very hot where you are you're good. My brakes were fine until they got put in a moving truck and baked in the sun for a few days moving across the country.

My garage is always hot. Sometimes as high as 140 degrees.

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 17:19 Quote
Jasonbourne wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:

Sounds like around here. We get both the heat and humidity, nothing ever dries after a ride.

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 20:21 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
The brakes are almost new. I have the box here and there's a number by the barcode that says "2020 WK39".

~JSV

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 4:55 Quote
HaggeredShins wrote:
Guides and Levels iirc, new Codes and G2s don't have this issue that I've seen

Not true, I’ve had to do TWO lever warranties on my Code RSC’s. Both times the MC was getting held up causing lever return to move like molasses. I have purchased the metal ones off Amazon I just haven’t installed them yet

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 5:13 Quote
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
Jasonbourne wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:

Sounds like around here. We get both the heat and humidity, nothing ever dries after a ride.

so humid in Fla. that back in the day, I used to take my fish for walks.....

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 5:14 Quote
I’ve had guides r, guide RSC, G2 RSC, and code RSC. The only one I ever experienced the slow lever return and spongy feel was the guide r brakes. I left my bike out in the sun to dry on a hot summer day and came back to put it up and they were cooked.
Also I work at a bike shop and haven’t seen any of the new stuff be warrantied.

Posted: May 20, 2021 at 21:54 Quote
Finally finished my bike build(except the shock). Here's my 2019 GT Force. Big Grin (27.5)

Posted: May 21, 2021 at 4:45 Quote
yeah...that's pretty tough lookin'

I almost went with the Ibex's. thought that tire was supposed to be a stout performer.

Posted: May 21, 2021 at 11:07 Quote
Look NasTy! Ready to rAwK! Beautiful ride. I LOVE paintjobs that require sunglasses. I need f*n welding goggles to look at mine!

Maybe it's the frame design, but almost looks like a 29r in the photo.

What's that chain silencer you have on there?

~JSV

Posted: May 21, 2021 at 11:10 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
Look NasTy! Ready to rAwK!

What's that chain silencer you have on there?

~JSV

Looks like a wrapped inner tube. Brandon it's 2021, gotta up that chainstay protection game Wink
This photo only takes buying this and some scissors.
Loic s custom chainstay guard on his Demo at Les Gets 2019

Posted: May 21, 2021 at 11:11 Quote
Yeah I think you had a whole post there explaining how you made that one. Pretty sharp. Looks rad too!

~JSV

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014938
Mobile Version of Website