Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 21:16 Quote
Is this in a lyrik?

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 21:23 Quote
I've spent the most time on the Pike (owning one) but doesn't matter, either or. I find the 2.1 to be pretty rough, not my favorite I've ridden by any stretch but I'm carrying a lot of custom damper baggage with me, spoiled no doubt.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 21:28 Quote
HaggeredShins wrote:
I've spent the most time on the Pike (owning one) but doesn't matter, either or. I find the 2.1 to be pretty rough, not my favorite I've ridden by any stretch but I'm carrying a lot of custom damper baggage with me, spoiled no doubt.

Once you've had the good stuff it's impossible to go back. I've never had a custom fork damper, but I usually get my forks serviced every 2 months riding about 4h per week. Shop always tells me the oil looked great and didn't really need a service, but the difference in plushness is night and day. I also replace fork seals once a year whether they look like they need it or not for the same reason.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 21:38 Quote

Mullet setup fitted for the troy. So far for xc 29/29 is prefered. Dh day tomorrow to see how it compares!

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 21:54 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:

Mullet setup fitted for the troy. So far for xc 29/29 is prefered. Dh day tomorrow to see how it compares!

Do your rides typically start with super steep climbs?

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 22:21 Quote
twonsarelli wrote:
ibishreddin wrote:

Do your rides typically start with super steep climbs?

No i get off and adjust the seat angle forward for steep climbs.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 22:22 Quote
more forward than this or is this the forward position? just curious as I like to tip mine down too but i always have a sensation of falling off the front of the saddle when i do that. inevitably, it gets leveled out

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 22:26 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
fredro wrote:
IIRC, the original Totem decals had indigenous-esque (actual word?) style graphics related to an actual totem pole.
See now if THAT'S the case then it WOULD make sense.

~JSV

Why?

Give me one good reason why/how a f*cking MTB fork named Totem with indigenous-esque graphics is wrong? It's not being used disparagingly, I honestly do not get it.

Is everybody being brainwashed by this PC shit to the point where we just knee-jerk about anything that dares mention anything about any race, religion, etc., regardless of context? I don't get it. Is it okay to speak the word totem, without fear of repercussion? Do I need to ask permission first?
I just want to be clear, "I" didn't say anything about suggesting it was "wrong". I merely said that I could understand why they'd decide not to use the term in that fashion, attached to the graphics, as @fredro mentioned.

Hey, look at what I wrote about the false "misappropriations" of term usage, I'm on YOUR side of the idea. You're correct too, and the unfortunate reason almost every company and/or corporation is behaving that way is some fear of backlash from the virtue-signalers and rarely ever from the group that was supposedly offended. That alone is disrespectful--when one person could claim that some OTHER culture is affected by it. And doing it for these reasons is also disingenuous, it's insincere, it's like they're all trying to 'signal' how sensitive they are. I'm not buying it either.

(example): I should have no right to make claims about whether something offended YOU, right? And if I do, it starts to look like I don't think YOU have any means of taking care of yourself or YOU are not aware that something is or isn't appropriate. So by that method it's even insulting to intervene on some-one's or some-group's behalf.

Ironically many of the arrested usage of certain terms when associated to a culture where used for showing virtue or respect of that culture. Are we supposed to NOT see the power, respect, homage, or honor of those cultures? That's why it doesn't make sense to a lot of us. Companies, products, sport teams, etc., were not using these terms to make themselves look WEAK or STUPID, on the contrary. If this WAS all true, then I don't know why Mexicans don't show a vile hatred toward Spain, for instance.

I swear, sometimes, I feel [they] don't want [us] talking about it because we WILL figure it out if we're allowed to discuss it long enough...

~JSV

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 22:34 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
Ironically many of the arrested usage of certain terms when associated to a culture where used for showing virtue or respect of that culture. Are we supposed to NOT see the power, respect, homage, or honor of those cultures?

Funny that Indigenous people don't seem to think you're honouring their culture by using it to sell products. For the record it's Indigenous peoples who are asking you not to appropriate their culture. So if you have an ounce of empathy, it might be worth taking a second to think about why they're asking you not to do that.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 22:44 Quote
friendlyfoe wrote:
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
Ironically many of the arrested usage of certain terms when associated to a culture where used for showing virtue or respect of that culture. Are we supposed to NOT see the power, respect, homage, or honor of those cultures?

Funny that Indigenous people don't seem to think you're honouring their culture by using it to sell products. For the record it's Indigenous peoples who are asking you not to appropriate their culture. So if you have an ounce of empathy, it might be worth taking a second to think about why they're asking you not to do that.

Guys it’s a bike forum. Increase the chill.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 23:25 Quote
friendlyfoe wrote:
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:

Hey, frankly, NONE of it is right. Virtually nothing done to "use anything to sell products" has ever been proper. My own family, our skin, blood, and flesh, is made through DNA of a few varying "cultures" and "races" that have been on the receiving end of a lot of current political tensions, so to be clear it's not about empathy (which I feel is a weakness when compared to compassion). And besides, to be truly empathetic, by definition of the term, only those who have experienced similar situations can claim empathy, agree?

I again have no PERSONAL claim as to whether a group, a culture, a perceived "race", or anyone should or shouldn't make claims as to how they "feel" or interpret some usage of some term. I'm NOT in any situation like that myself, and have never been accused of that, in fact there are many instances where people have applied what may be inappropriate term-usage or language that could be interpreted as insulting to MY family and my own heritage, but my better judgement and discernment knows intuitively whether a particular situation is aimed at intentional disrespect toward my person or my family or my heritage. That's more of what I'm sharing here. And again if we have to look too deeply into every crack and crevice, we'll NEVER be at an end of finding places where something is claimed to be "wrong", inappropriate, insensitive, or disrespectful, seriously it will never end.

There has to come a time when we ALLOW each other to make these choices for ourselves, instead of feeling some desire to "police" each other. If you make everyone speak a certain way on every occasion, you'll never know who the true Nazi is in the room... Do you want that? One of my grandmothers would be TERRIFIED if she couldn't tell who the Nazi was in the room!! Because those people and those ideologies are NOT going away and they'll never be completely destroyed, that's human nature, unfortunately, but it is. So "silencing" them isn't going to destry the problem, it's only going to HIDE it. Not a solution.

There's no place I feel for us to decide "well, something-something doesn't bother ME", and that immediately disallows that same individual the respect THEY deserve as well for the opportunity to conclude with: "But if it offends YOU/THEM, then.. ok I agree." But because [that] person didn't see it as wrong at THE SAME MOMENT or for the SAME reason as someone else makes them "disrespectful"? THAT's where the problem is--jumping to THAT conclusion. Equally disrespectful and/or hurtful on a humanitarian level, no?

Acting interpretively respectful due to inherent feelings or intuition, yes. Acting respectful due to reactions instructed upon one-another by a political ideology, not buying into it, regardless of how many Africans and Jewish and Irish and Polish and Dominicans and Italians and English and Scottish (many from P.E.I., Canada) it took to make my family what it it is.

When someone "sees" me and THINKS I'm a typical "white-guy", well, they're WRONG! But people do that all the time. Am I supposed to "react" a certain way? I'm not signing-up for a culture where I have to wear a badge that has 9 different races and cultures stamped on it for everyone to identify me. If someone "sees" me and thinks, "hey look at that guy, he's a jerk!" well, at least they're probably more accurate. lol

Salute

~JSV

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 23:27 Quote
kilo11 wrote:
friendlyfoe wrote:
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:

Guys it’s a bike forum. Increase the chill.
You're 100% correct. Sorry, but I just wanted to clarify my intent and not inadvertently labeled inappropriately.

I love you all here. It's the best place.
Salute

~JSV

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 5:14 Quote
this is "All" the bike I have...and it's actually on a "mountain"
I went "cross-country" to ride this trail.
From tow-path to black diamond....this is what I ride....

there.....back on track.... Salute

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 5:57 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
Jasonbourne wrote:
This thread used to be much more active…I’m talking in the past year or so. What happened? Everyone leave?

No one ever updated the title to, “Show Your Downcountry Bike”, so people stopped posting their bikes. lolz.
Or maybe it's because newer users have tried to interact and have been ignored.

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 5:58 Quote
titaniumcrank wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
Jasonbourne wrote:
This thread used to be much more active…I’m talking in the past year or so. What happened? Everyone leave?

No one ever updated the title to, “Show Your Downcountry Bike”, so people stopped posting their bikes. lolz.
Or maybe it's because newer users have tried to interact and have been ignored.

Well... thats a thing too

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015385
Mobile Version of Website