Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Author Message
Posted: Sep 18, 2021 at 23:12 Quote
I stripped my Orange Alpine 160 down to build myself a do it all hardtail. I intend on moving upto plus size tyres soon but wanted to get it built up.


Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 1:34 Quote
kwtoxman wrote:
My current bike is a long term ride. It had a big refresh this year, did much of the work myself and have been riding lots of trails and km (close to the goal of 2000 km in the current 5 months). It's 150mm f/r and only 28.XX lbs. Here it is on a recent ride.



Since then, I managed to rearrange the seat pack and it's collapsed again.

I've been riding this MTB for years, with thousands of km... & know it well. Still improving as a rider every year too...

How come you still don't ride with dropper post?

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 3:33 Quote
deanhempshall wrote:
I stripped my Orange Alpine 160 down to build myself a do it all hardtail. I intend on moving upto plus size tyres soon but wanted to get it built up.


Very nice!

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 8:23 Quote
pakleni wrote:
kwtoxman wrote:
My current bike is a long term ride. It had a big refresh this year, did much of the work myself and have been riding lots of trails and km (close to the goal of 2000 km in the current 5 months). It's 150mm f/r and only 28.XX lbs. Here it is on a recent ride.



Since then, I managed to rearrange the seat pack and it's collapsed again.

I've been riding this MTB for years, with thousands of km... & know it well. Still improving as a rider every year too...

How come you still don't ride with dropper post?

It has a dropper post on it. Here's a picture from this spring after I finished the refresh. More pics in my photo albums, with info. Cheers.

Kona Abra Cadabra spring service 2021 - new chain cassette rear shock bushings cables grips bar ends and tires went tubeless too plus f r suspension service brake fluid flush dropper post fluid flush RD indexing and wheel truing spoke tension adjustment. Chainrings on order. New rear wheel bearings in 2020.

The major spring service this year included a new chain, cassette, chainrings, rear shock bushings, cables, grips, bar ends and tires (went tubeless as well), plus f/r suspension service, brake fluid flush, dropper post fluid flush, RD indexing and wheel truing / spoke tension adjustment. New rear wheel bearings in 2020. I kept the 2X10 setup as I really like the broad spread of gearing it brings... and I use it all from the highest to the lowest gears every ride in my area. Afaict, finally and only recently do single chainring setups w/ 12 speed cassettes match that gearing spread.

Whenever I go to replace this bike, it's going to be pricey...

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 9:36 Quote
Sorry, my bad. Usually it's hard to connect dropper post with saddle bag

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 1:24 Quote
Now eith new Bottlecage including a tool and a pump and a RRP Mini Fender

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 6:48 Quote
Looks retro AF, awesome. Marino? Weight sans bags?

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 6:59 Quote
HaggeredShins wrote:
Looks retro AF, awesome. Marino? Weight sans bags?

Thanks man. I've had this Marino for about 4 years now Smile I have to admit I've never actually weighed it... I'm kinda used to the extra weight of the steel frame so maybe its better I don't know the exact numbers when I find myself pedalling uphill!

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 8:18 Quote
Samrwood wrote:
HaggeredShins wrote:
Looks retro AF, awesome. Marino? Weight sans bags?

Thanks man. I've had this Marino for about 4 years now Smile I have to admit I've never actually weighed it... I'm kinda used to the extra weight of the steel frame so maybe its better I don't know the exact numbers when I find myself pedalling uphill!

What rims are those? I wish there were more silver rims available.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 8:33 Quote
gemueseapfel wrote:
Now eith new Bottlecage including a tool and a pump and a RRP Mini Fender

No rear fender? I think they are almost a must to keep crud out if your pivots and bearings on the v3's. Banshee has published an open source template for one.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 8:42 Quote
privateer-wheels wrote:
gemueseapfel wrote:
Now eith new Bottlecage including a tool and a pump and a RRP Mini Fender

No rear fender? I think they are almost a must to keep crud out if your pivots and bearings on the v3's. Banshee has published an open source template for one.

There shape looks velocity-ish. I want silver rims so bad, but everyone tells me to steer clear of velocity for the chunk I ride.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 9:08 Quote
Samrwood wrote:
Marino

Marino

...

Marino

Really nice! Love steel full sus bikes.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 10:40 Quote
Doogster wrote:
There shape looks velocity-ish. I want silver rims so bad, but everyone tells me to steer clear of velocity for the chunk I ride.

Also interested in who's making silver rims. That profile looks a little too square to be Velocity. I have their Blunt SS rims on my gravel abomination and they're lighter than most carbon sub 30mm trail options... I don't think I'd trust any of their mountain rims for any real AM riding

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 10:51 Quote
i think newmen makes silver rims.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.027533
Mobile Version of Website