Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 10:55 Quote
I dern did an oopsie

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 13:19 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
i think newmen makes silver rims.

If I could find some, I'd 'em.

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 0:55 Quote
So.... i waited 8 months for my warranty replacement Optic frame. During that time and when it finally arrived i was in two minds whether i should sell it or keep it.

Well in the end i thought back to before it failed and i loved it, so despite the sour taste in my mouth from all the delays etc i decided to build it up and start enjoying it again.

So introducing the Tangerine Dream.....

2021 Norco Optic build
2021 Norco Optic build
2021 Norco Optic build
2021 Norco Optic build

Quick spec:

2021 Optic Frame - Large (as far as i am aware, the only orange one in the UK)
Sram AXS X01 draivetrain
Sram AXS Reverb 170mm dropper
Shimano MT501 4 Pot brakes - 203mm f/180mm r
Rock Shox Lyrik Ultimate Forks - 140mm
Zipp Moto3 Carbon Wheelset
Schwalbe Magic Mary/Hans Dampf Tyres
Unit Components Stem 42.5mm
OneUp Carbon Handle Bar
OneUp EDC V2 tool
OneUp Chain guide
Fidlock Bottle
Nukeproof Pedals
Specialized Saddle
DMR Deathgrips

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 4:49 Quote
looks damn nice! I bet it's a blast to ride.

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 10:06 Quote
Ooo yeah that IS a great lookin' ride! Those are very nice frames.

"Orange" is the new orange!

~JSV

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 15:29 Quote
that's nice as hell...!

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 23:31 Quote
cheers chaps!

The more i look at it in the garage the more i like it!

Local Enduro race on sunday will be the first shakedown.

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 1:12 Quote
Looks super nice

Enduro on an optic tho - asking a lot of that short travel bike

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 1:23 Quote
tom666 wrote:
Looks super nice

nah, this thing rips. I did a week in Finale Ligure on it and it handled everything pretty well. i was probably a bit more battered and fatigued than if i was on a longer travel bike, but it certainly didnt hold me back (at my average level of riding).

Plus its only a local one in the south of england, (Soutern Enduro at Milland), so its not exactly EWS level stuff Big Grin

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 5:50 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
tom666 wrote:
Looks super nice

nah, this thing rips. I did a week in Finale Ligure on it and it handled everything pretty well. i was probably a bit more battered and fatigued than if i was on a longer travel bike, but it certainly didnt hold me back (at my average level of riding).

Plus its only a local one in the south of england, (Soutern Enduro at Milland), so its not exactly EWS level stuff Big Grin

Starting to understand how your last frame could have broken lol

I'm sure it will survive Milland, I think it's quite flat there

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 6:57 Quote
tom666 wrote:
v7fmp wrote:
tom666 wrote:
Looks super nice

Starting to understand how your last frame could have broken lol

I'm sure it will survive Milland, I think it's quite flat there

i do wonder if the riding i had been doing on it had something to do with its demise.... we shall see how this one fares. I think the plan is for madeira next year, which isnt quite as rough on bikes from memory Confused

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 8:40 Quote
I’ve made few changes to the Prime; Ohlins TTX2 Air shock, Fox 36 Performance Elite, and Ridefast wheels. I’ve also just added a Wolftooth Geoshift headset to put the head angle at 64.5, but that was after these photos.

Prime V3
Prime V3

Prime V3
Prime V3

Prime V3
Prime V3

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 9:07 Quote
how long of a dropper did you fit on your prime? and is that as far as it will bottom?

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 9:09 Quote
hartwerks wrote:
I’ve made few changes to the Prime; Ohlins TTX2 Air shock, Fox 36 Performance Elite, and Ridefast wheels. I’ve also just added a Wolftooth Geoshift headset to put the head angle at 64.5, but that was after these photos.

The blue is nice, i almost prefer it to the raw.

the -1 degree anglesets put the prime/titan right where they should be imo.

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 9:39 Quote
frigofff wrote:
how long of a dropper did you fit on your prime? and is that as far as it will bottom?

It’s a 170mm PNW Loam, on a medium frame. It is just a few mm from bottomed out in the frame. I have run a OneUp dropper at 180mm but I have found the PNW to be smoother and more reliable, and it actually has exactly the same amount of drop as the OneUp when I’ve measured it.

And yeah, I’m really liking the blue as well. It wouldn’t have been my first choice, but it was the only color available when I got it, and it has definitely grown on me. Also really enjoying the Geoshift setup, it puts the geometry right where I want it for aggressive riding.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015211
Mobile Version of Website