Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 13:13 Quote
fourfourone wrote:
noakeabean wrote:
Ok guys and girls, I'm looking around for a new bike and I am looking at the evil calling. I have heard of people having problems with them squeaking and creaking really bad. Is this true? I'm looking for a good bike to "jib" around on. Thank you!

Iffy warranty practices and over complicated/finicky suspension design is a no go in my book.

Not complicated they just look complicated at first glance. It is a linkage driven single pivot.

I have heard of issues with creaking though so that might be an issue for you.

I have no clue what would make a good Jib play bike other than something with a short wheelbase and a little less travel good luck in your search.

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 13:17 Quote
photo
photo
photo

Never owned a Calling, but my Insurgent was problem free and zero creaking/squeaking. Customer service was good too, answering questions and helping with the build. As a matter of fact, this bike was dead silent with the Onxy hubs.

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 13:17 Quote
What fork is that??? Such a sick build!
fredro wrote:
photo
photo

Never owned a Calling, but my Insurgent was problem free and zero creaking/squeaking. Customer service was good too, answering questions and helping with the build. As a matter of fact, this bike was dead silent with the Onxy hubs.

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 13:18 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
fourfourone wrote:
noakeabean wrote:
Ok guys and girls, I'm looking around for a new bike and I am looking at the evil calling. I have heard of people having problems with them squeaking and creaking really bad. Is this true? I'm looking for a good bike to "jib" around on. Thank you!

Iffy warranty practices and over complicated/finicky suspension design is a no go in my book.

Not complicated they just look complicated at first glance. It is a linkage driven single pivot.

I have no clue what would make a good Jib play bike other than something with a short wheelbase and a little less travel good luck in your search.

Short chainstay and a suspension platform with good mid stroke support tends to make a bike that likes to get playful.

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 13:20 Quote
Petiloi wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:
fourfourone wrote:

Short chainstay and a suspension platform with good mid stroke support tends to make a bike that likes to get playful.
So like a santa cruz 5010 or evil calling? I don't know too much about mid-stroke and stuff like that.

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 13:20 Quote
@noakeabean- Fork is X-Fusion Metric. One of the best forks I've owned/ridden. tup

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 13:21 Quote
fredro wrote:
@noakeabean- Fork is X-Fusion Metric. One of the best forks I've owned/ridden. tup
How did you get it to look like that?

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 13:22 Quote
noakeabean wrote:
fredro wrote:

It came like that. Just removed the lower guards. See other pics of the fork with them on.

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 13:24 Quote
fredro wrote:
noakeabean wrote:
fredro wrote:

It came like that. Just removed the lower guards. See other pics of the fork with them on.
I just went on the website and it is all black. https://www.xfusionshox.com/products_detail/66.htm

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 13:26 Quote
Back when I ordered it, it came in black or silver.

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 13:26 Quote
fredro wrote:
Back when I ordered it, it came in black or silver.
Oh ok. Looks so sick!

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 17:07 Quote
Can confirm Fred’s assertion that insurgent shreds! Down for rowdy riding and all day epics. Never had a single issue with mine over 2+ years. Would definitely recommend an evil

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 17:14 Quote
Xfusion underrated. All 100% machined aluminum damper and chassis. No plastic in sight. High quality kit

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 17:25 Quote
noakeabean wrote:
Petiloi wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:

So like a santa cruz 5010 or evil calling? I don't know too much about mid-stroke and stuff like that.

Evil has a very cool platform in that it becomes lower leverage at sag and at the end of the stroke so pedalling is stabilised and bottom out resisted. This gives it a rather poppy and fun ride.

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 17:52 Quote
almost any well designed bike that's not a pure single pivot will have a leverage curve like that. the progressivity and shape of that curve is what dictates feel. more progressive is more poppy or better for coil, less progressive is a bit more planted. though take those to the extremes and less progressive becomes incredibly easy to blow through the mid stroke and bottom, and too progressive makes you have to run exessive sag to use full travel and compromises small bump.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.043813
Mobile Version of Website