Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 18:18 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
Xfusion underrated. All 100% machined aluminum damper and chassis. No plastic in sight. High quality kit

Always been intrigued by X-Fusion Metrics, but in my experience, they have been a difficult company to source parts from, so that has always kept me away.

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 18:58 Quote
Petiloi wrote:
noakeabean wrote:
Petiloi wrote:

Short chainstay and a suspension platform with good mid stroke support tends to make a bike that likes to get playful.
So like a santa cruz 5010 or evil calling? I don't know too much about mid-stroke and stuff like that.

Evil has a very cool platform in that it becomes lower leverage at sag and at the end of the stroke so pedalling is stabilised and bottom out resisted. This gives it a rather poppy and fun ride.

Yeah itd be hard to beat an Evil for jibby bike. The wreckoning i had was playful and jibby to a fault. 5010 would be sick too, especially the v3 version, that bike was so fun.

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 20:16 Quote
[Quote="noakeabean"]
Petiloi wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:

Short chainstay and a suspension platform with good mid stroke support tends to make a bike that likes to get playful.
So like a santa cruz 5010 or evil calling? I don't know too much about mid-stroke and stuff like that.

sounds like a Transition scout would fit that bill perfectly. very fun and playful but still forgiving when you get a little more sendy. worth a look!

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 22:55 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Petiloi wrote:
noakeabean wrote:

Evil has a very cool platform in that it becomes lower leverage at sag and at the end of the stroke so pedalling is stabilised and bottom out resisted. This gives it a rather poppy and fun ride.

Yeah itd be hard to beat an Evil for jibby bike. The wreckoning i had was playful and jibby to a fault. 5010 would be sick too, especially the v3 version, that bike was so fun.

I had an older SC 5010 along with my Evil Insurgent, good combo of playful and jibby bikes.

photo
photo

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 3:38 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
Xfusion underrated. All 100% machined aluminum damper and chassis. No plastic in sight. High quality kit

That’s pretty much every mid-high end fork these days. That was more a claim to fame 10+ years ago when RS & Manitou were packed with plastic. Still great, but not the distinct advantage it used to be.

Also, good luck sourcing parts from them now that they have essentially abandoned the North American market.

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 6:01 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
ibishreddin wrote:

Always been intrigued by X-Fusion Metrics, but in my experience, they have been a difficult company to source parts from, so that has always kept me away.

used one for like 6 months, after 55-60 psi first 40-50mm becomes incredibly harsh. It recommended me around 85 90 psi and the fork was barely moving in the first 50mm. Because of that i used it with very low psi and it dived a lot but the feeling was great. hlr damper worked quite good, If you are a light rider the fork would work really well

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 6:32 Quote
I’m a very light rider (and not that fast), so the metric felt excellent and was more than enough fork for me.

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 6:32 Quote
fredro wrote:
I’m a very light rider (and not that fast), so the metric felt excellent and was more than enough fork for me.

if you are in the weight range fork is incredible, best one in the market maybe

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 6:59 Quote
I have the xfusion sweep on my HT. Zero issues or complaints here. It works well for me.

O+
Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 7:20 Quote
I had nothing but issues with my X-Fusion fork back in the day. Blew the damper 4 weeks into ownership on a brand new fork. Got it back after 4 weeks away and then sold it for a Pike. When it worked, it was good but man that wasn’t a good start.

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 7:21 Quote
fredro wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
Petiloi wrote:

I had an older SC 5010 along with my Evil Insurgent, good combo of playful and jibby bikes.

photo
photo
What a sick lineup!

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 7:25 Quote
Tks! I love those dogs!

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 7:56 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
I had nothing but issues with my X-Fusion fork back in the day. Blew the damper 4 weeks into ownership on a brand new fork. Got it back after 4 weeks away and then sold it for a Pike. When it worked, it was good but man that wasn’t a good start.

Still have my Sweep RL2, it’s a noodle, but that’s what I like about it, that & travel adjustability

No bueno for enduro though

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 8:00 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:

Cuz you fatty?

O+
Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 8:48 Quote
fredro wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:

Cuz you fatty?

Huge bitch!

Bought it because of the all metal internals and perceived reliability.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026677
Mobile Version of Website