Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Author Message
Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 9:56 Quote
IIRC he has Pike Ultimate on order

Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 10:26 Quote
Pike Ult is a money pit. Great chassis, terrible damper. Hopefully ymmv

Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 12:11 Quote
Are you talking about the RCT3 damper, not the RC2?

~JSV

Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 12:57 Quote
I have the RC2, the RCT3 isn't a viable option imo, it's a compromise across the board just to have a lockout.

Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 18:38 Quote
I like my charger rc2.1 in my zeb.

I also like my 34 with grip2.

Bikes are pretty good rn

Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 20:03 Quote
Well that's what I have on my PIKE's the RC2. I WAS going to upgrade to the RCT3, never did this season. Still have NO ISSUE with these forks, very impressed. The response and feel is as good as anything I could've expected so I never had a need to do anything. Rebound is great, compression is great, never even think of my forks when riding. I like the "set-it-n-forget-it" kind of tuning they have.

But honestly I was responding because I haven't heard of that issue with the RCT3 until I see it mentioned here, and I'm both curious and maybe even glad I haven't had the upgrade done yet because I don't "feel" anything I'd want to change in the way they've performed this season.

~JSV

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 8:38 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
I like my charger rc2.1 in my zeb.

I also like my 34 with grip2.

Bikes are pretty good rn

We're truly in the golden age of bikes right now IMO.

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 11:18 Quote
skierdud89 wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
I like my charger rc2.1 in my zeb.

I also like my 34 with grip2.

Bikes are pretty good rn

We're truly in the golden age of bikes right now IMO.

I think golden age was pre covid (due to both pricing and availability). But at least this is a veeeeery good moment

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 11:36 Quote
shaloUCH wrote:
skierdud89 wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
I like my charger rc2.1 in my zeb.

I also like my 34 with grip2.

Bikes are pretty good rn

We're truly in the golden age of bikes right now IMO.

I think golden age was pre covid (due to both pricing and availability). But at least this is a veeeeery good moment

Or we keep telling ourselves that bikes are so good right now because we can’t get new ones!

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 14:07 Quote
Ridden/sold a few Pike ultimates by now, pretty comfortable rebuilding them at home, plus the silver is matchy-matchy with the rest of my kit. Total tart move. The 34 has been mostly great.

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 14:21 Quote
sherbet wrote:
plus the silver is matchy-matchy with the rest of my kit. Total tart move.

Not a tart move, this is the way.

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 14:26 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Ridden/sold a few Pike ultimates by now, pretty comfortable rebuilding them at home, plus the silver is matchy-matchy with the rest of my kit. Total tart move. The 34 has been mostly great.

I went from Factory 34 to Pike Ultimate, and what a difference! Nothing wrong with the 34, but the Pike just felt loads better in every aspect except weight. Much more confidence on the gnar now too!

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 14:40 Quote
fredro wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Ridden/sold a few Pike ultimates by now, pretty comfortable rebuilding them at home, plus the silver is matchy-matchy with the rest of my kit. Total tart move. The 34 has been mostly great.

I went from Factory 34 to Pike Ultimate, and what a difference! Nothing wrong with the 34, but the Pike just felt loads better in every aspect except weight. Much more confidence on the gnar now too!

This change is on the yeti?

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 14:44 Quote
That's kinda where I'm at. The 34 is a great fork, wouldn't hesitate to get on a bike with one. I just like spending money I don't have.

Edit; this conversation in tandem to mechanics needing to get paid more is kinda where I'm at in life. Lmfao.


 
Active Forum Threads
6 mins ago - 21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts
7 mins ago - New rotors when getting new brakes
8 mins ago - BUY MARIJUANA ONLINE UK WhatsApp +12026564683
8 mins ago - Mail order weed UK, EU AND USA. WhatsApp: +12026564683
9 mins ago - BUY MARIJUANA ONLINE UK WhatsApp +12026564683
9 mins ago - Mail order weed UK, EU AND USA. WhatsApp: +12026564683
9 mins ago - BUY MARIJUANA ONLINE UK WhatsApp +12026564683
11 mins ago - Mail order weed UK, EU AND USA. WhatsApp: +12026564683
11 mins ago - BUY MARIJUANA ONLINE UK WhatsApp +12026564683
11 mins ago - Mail order weed UK, EU AND USA. WhatsApp: +12026564683
11 mins ago - BUY MARIJUANA ONLINE UK WhatsApp +12026564683
12 mins ago - Mail order weed UK, EU AND USA. WhatsApp: +12026564683
12 mins ago - BUY MARIJUANA ONLINE UK WhatsApp +12026564683
12 mins ago - Looking for a Design Engineering related internship!
15 mins ago - BUY MARIJUANA ONLINE UK WhatsApp +12026564683
15 mins ago - Strongest Rims
15 mins ago - Mail order weed UK, EU AND USA. WhatsApp: +12026564683
15 mins ago - BUY MARIJUANA ONLINE UK WhatsApp +12026564683
16 mins ago - Mail order weed UK, EU AND USA. WhatsApp: +12026564683
16 mins ago - BUY MARIJUANA ONLINE UK WhatsApp +12026564683
16 mins ago - Mail order weed UK, EU AND USA. WhatsApp: +12026564683
16 mins ago - BUY MARIJUANA ONLINE UK WhatsApp +12026564683
17 mins ago - Mail order weed UK, EU AND USA. WhatsApp: +12026564683
17 mins ago - BUY MARIJUANA ONLINE UK WhatsApp +12026564683
17 mins ago - The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013223
Mobile Version of Website