Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 15:17 Quote
twonsarelli wrote:
fredro wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Ridden/sold a few Pike ultimates by now, pretty comfortable rebuilding them at home, plus the silver is matchy-matchy with the rest of my kit. Total tart move. The 34 has been mostly great.

I went from Factory 34 to Pike Ultimate, and what a difference! Nothing wrong with the 34, but the Pike just felt loads better in every aspect except weight. Much more confidence on the gnar now too!

This change is on the yeti?

Yes indeed

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 19:58 Quote
similar quiver set up to fredro. the ranger gets the majority of the use. sorry for the cranks on the pivot

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 20:07 Quote
frigofff wrote:
similar quiver set up to fredro. the ranger gets the majority of the use. sorry for the cranks on the pivot

oh man, i have been crushing hard on that ranger recently. i seriously considered buying one to replace my sb5.5 but ultimately got the 130lr instead. i bet that thing is a riot on the all-day rides. can you confirm =)

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 20:13 Quote
it is bar none the best bike i’ve ever owned. i snatched it up in the beginning of supply chain woes because i wanted a short travel 29er and it was in stock. the geo #s do it no justice. it is a rocket ship that can hammer all day and i take it down pretty much everything i take the mach 6 down. in a lot of cases the ranger is faster, even on really steep stuff. i was running rekons before which were amazing for pedaling all day but switching to beefier tires has made it exponentially more fun. the only way i’ll trade the bike out for something else is if they release that love your brain white frame to the public. serious heart eyes for that one!

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 21:38 Quote
frigofff wrote:
it is bar none the best bike i’ve ever owned. i snatched it up in the beginning of supply chain woes because i wanted a short travel 29er and it was in stock. the geo #s do it no justice. it is a rocket ship that can hammer all day and i take it down pretty much everything i take the mach 6 down. in a lot of cases the ranger is faster, even on really steep stuff. i was running rekons before which were amazing for pedaling all day but switching to beefier tires has made it exponentially more fun. the only way i’ll trade the bike out for something else is if they release that love your brain white frame to the public. serious heart eyes for that one!

That’s a serious endorsement! Might have to put it back on my list for 2022…

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 22:10 Quote
frigofff wrote:

Sweet Ranger!

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 22:52 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I just like spending money I don't have.

Sounds familiar.

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 23:48 Quote
I keep spending the money I'm supposed to be saving.

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 9:23 Quote
Coiled my FlareMax

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 9:53 Quote
@TimMog - man, that's set up nice ..! looks like a fun bike tup

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 9:10 Quote
bikenation wrote:
2022 Norco Range
2022 Norco Range
2022 Norco Range
2022 Norco Range

Sex on wheels

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 9:55 Quote
bikenation wrote:
2022 Norco Range
Tell me about the chain & pulley system. How well does that work, and have you found it to be a viable improvement? Just always curious about those and haven't ridden one--haven't even seen one in person other than ONE RIDER that went by me once and couldn't stop to ask questions.

Bike and the frame look awesome too. Those Norco's are great bikes.

~JSV

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 10:09 Quote
I don’t own an idler setup but one of my buddies rides a forbidden Druid and it has been pretty trouble free for the most part but not totally.

He has had to replace the pulley once in the 2 years he’s owned it, it squeaks sometimes, and he had some issues with the lower guide.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020168
Mobile Version of Website