Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 7:41 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
twonsarelli wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
photo

ye olde 180/184mm enduro. red pedals just for you guys Wink

DH is dead

Idk i definitely prefer riding my banshee but this is just a different experience altogether

yeah, a real monster truck

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 8:03 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
photo

Just call that thing Mr. Plow

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 8:24 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
photo

That thing is strait point and shoot.

Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 7:45 Quote
i bought an evil insurgent when they came out back in the fall of 2015 and had it custom built by fanatik - full XX1 (just a few months before eagle came out, of course), factory 36 but with lower-end wheels/brakes/etc. that i knew i was going to replace. i just redid the same build, or as close as possible, and the price was roughly $7,400, $1,700 more than i paid just about 6 years ago. i am sure the newer bike would be 'better' than the original version but it is an interesting comparison, if nothing else. hard to imagine the trend slowing too much

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 9:59 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
photo

Are you using this for shuttle/park/DH days or are you using this as a general purpose bike? I’m looking at my options currently and the enduro, privateer 161 and spire in aluminum are on my list of frames to build up.

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 10:58 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
photo

Are you using this for shuttle/park/DH days or are you using this as a general purpose bike? I’m looking at my options currently and the enduro, privateer 161 and spire in aluminum are on my list of frames to build up.

I originally wanted it for out-of-county riding, adventures on super gnar trails that require hiking/pedaling to. Ive ridden it all this week as i just built it and just wanted to ride it, but my car is in the shop and ive found that the enduro is frankly a bit much for around here aside from the gnarliest of the gnar, not a big fan of how it just mutes the trail. that being said, ive ridden it on some more xc pedals this week and it kept up with buddies on hardtails no problem. My other bike (160/155mm titan) has similar geo but feels much faster all around, even in the chunk, so that will probably be the bike i ride 90% of the time.

Id like to further make the enduro less appealing to ride by adding a boxxer and dh casing tires with cushcore front and rear.

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 11:56 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
photo

What stroke shock are you using to get 180mm travel?

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 12:14 Quote
redemption08 wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
photo

Possibly the cascade link?

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 12:19 Quote
Petiloi wrote:
redemption08 wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
photo

Got to 65mm stroke shock makes long travel mode

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 12:39 Quote
That’s right you have a titan. I truly wish it had longer reach, but that is mainly because I am super tall and these long reach numbers feel so good. NSMB had a great review on the titan and the reviewer called out the short reach for big guys on XL frames. Maybe they will update it some day.

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 13:44 Quote
nubbs wrote:
Petiloi wrote:
redemption08 wrote:

Yep

@ chef; The titan and s5 enduro feel near identical in terms of reach, both setups im running 50mm stems and 50mm rise bars. The titan feels much more comfortable to my 6’3/long arms when seated imo, im not loving the stretched out position of the enduro. But yes an XXL titan would be cool, i know another guy who would probably like one.

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 14:41 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
nubbs wrote:
Petiloi wrote:

Yep

@ chef; The titan and s5 enduro feel near identical in terms of reach, both setups im running 50mm stems and 50mm rise bars. The titan feels much more comfortable to my 6’3/long arms when seated imo, im not loving the stretched out position of the enduro. But yes an XXL titan would be cool, i know another guy who would probably like one.

I rode XXL spire around for 15min the other day. It was good. Really good. Probably too long for me though. It's long af wheelbase, caution makes wide turns kind feeling for me at 6'3"

XL spire huckleberry shows up this week. Swapping parts from my Prime XL over to it. Much excitement but the banshees are just such a good bike I feel.

Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 15:11 Quote
nubbs wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
nubbs wrote:

Yep

I rode XXL spire around for 15min the other day. It was good. Really good. Probably too long for me though. It's long af wheelbase, caution makes wide turns kind feeling for me at 6'3"

XL spire huckleberry shows up this week. Swapping parts from my Prime XL over to it. Much excitement but the banshees are just such a good bike I feel.

So stoked to see that bike!

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 15:34 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
nubbs wrote:
Petiloi wrote:

Yep

Curious….. the challenge I deal with is I’m 6’7” so no bike is going to fit me well. And I’ve heard nothing but good things about the XXL spire and sentinel sizing for big dudes. Helps one of the founders is near my height.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.039802
Mobile Version of Website