Show your all mountain bike
O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 16:31 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
nubbs wrote:

Got to 65mm stroke shock makes long travel mode

Yep

@ chef; The titan and s5 enduro feel near identical in terms of reach, both setups im running 50mm stems and 50mm rise bars. The titan feels much more comfortable to my 6’3/long arms when seated imo, im not loving the stretched out position of the enduro. But yes an XXL titan would be cool, i know another guy who would probably like one.

Curious….. the challenge I deal with is I’m 6’7” so no bike is going to fit me well. And I’ve heard nothing but good things about the XXL spire and sentinel sizing for big dudes. Helps one of the founders is near my height.

I was just looking at the Sentinels' specs today. Very similar to my XXL Jeffsy. (I'm 6' 6")

I guess beer water has proven to stunt your growth....

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 16:49 Quote
falkyn wrote:
nubbs wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

Yep

@ chef; The titan and s5 enduro feel near identical in terms of reach, both setups im running 50mm stems and 50mm rise bars. The titan feels much more comfortable to my 6’3/long arms when seated imo, im not loving the stretched out position of the enduro. But yes an XXL titan would be cool, i know another guy who would probably like one.

I rode XXL spire around for 15min the other day. It was good. Really good. Probably too long for me though. It's long af wheelbase, caution makes wide turns kind feeling for me at 6'3"

XL spire huckleberry shows up this week. Swapping parts from my Prime XL over to it. Much excitement but the banshees are just such a good bike I feel.

So stoked to see that bike!

Hey guy!

Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 17:20 Quote
Just put some new stickers on.. Stoked on how they turned out. Really digging this bike.

Claremore lake
photo
photo
Friggin tan walls are cool man

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 17:32 Quote
nubbs wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
nubbs wrote:

Got to 65mm stroke shock makes long travel mode

Yep

I rode XXL spire around for 15min the other day. It was good. Really good. Probably too long for me though. It's long af wheelbase, caution makes wide turns kind feeling for me at 6'3"

XL spire huckleberry shows up this week. Swapping parts from my Prime XL over to it. Much excitement but the banshees are just such a good bike I feel.

Yeah im struggling a bit because the XL titan feels insanely balanced and well rounded to me and if it were to break i would just buy another one, but the enduro is pretty sick (especially with the super light roval control SL wheelset lmao). That huckleberry spire is lustworthy for sure though.

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 17:43 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

Yep

Curious….. the challenge I deal with is I’m 6’7” so no bike is going to fit me well. And I’ve heard nothing but good things about the XXL spire and sentinel sizing for big dudes. Helps one of the founders is near my height.

I was just looking at the Sentinels' specs today. Very similar to my XXL Jeffsy. (I'm 6' 6")

Yeah man. The sentinel and spire in aluminum are both high on the list and with transition having them in stock…. Makes it tough to say no but I’m holding off.

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 17:48 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:

Yeah man. The sentinel and spire in aluminum are both high on the list and with transition having them in stock…. Makes it tough to say no but I’m holding off.

JUST DO IT! lol

Just for kicks and giggles, I actually did a custom Sentinel build on Fanatik's website......I think I went a little too high end, as it was over 10 large! Cool

Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 18:01 Quote
For those of who who have ridden specialized and transition, would you say there is a big difference to they way they feel? I’m curious because they’ve got similar suspension designs and the only extensive experience I have with a Horst link bike was my 2018 Capra, which was a total couch. The 2020 enduro I rode for a week last year felt very similar, if slightly more refined.

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 18:28 Quote
twonsarelli wrote:
For those of who who have ridden specialized and transition, would you say there is a big difference to they way they feel? I’m curious because they’ve got similar suspension designs and the only extensive experience I have with a Horst link bike was my 2018 Capra, which was a total couch. The 2020 enduro I rode for a week last year felt very similar, if slightly more refined.

the enduro is a 6 bar linkage and is pretty different from any horst link bike ive ever ridden.

Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 18:42 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
twonsarelli wrote:

the enduro is a 6 bar linkage and is pretty different from any horst link bike ive ever ridden.
No, it's still FSR/Horst Link. The other two links are just to drive the shock.

The only 6 bar bike that comes to mind is the Atherton.

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 19:10 Quote
Nobble wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
twonsarelli wrote:

No, it's still FSR/Horst Link. The other two links are just to drive the shock.

The only 6 bar bike that comes to mind is the Atherton.

I believe you are incorrect and correct all at once. Yes it is six bar. A six bar has two bars that drive the shock. That is what differentiates it from a four bar. The new enduro is six bar just like the demo. Atherton is also six bar. The Atherton is a DW design while the specialized is not. Also I believe the canyon sender is a six bar as well.
You may be thinking of the stumpy evo. It is a Horst link. As the stumpy non evo has moved to a linkage driven single pivot.

Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 19:17 Quote
I’m not sure how profound the six vs four link design is in terms of feel but on the trail the new enduro felt a lot like my Capra did. In both cases they felt very plush but not particularly fast or efficient. For instance, I have a fun ~3 hour loop that I’ve ridden a huge number of times. It is a breeze on my yeti but left me feeling pretty whipped on the Capra. I felt the same way on the enduro. I’m curious if anyone knows if the transition bikes feel roughly similar (say a sentinel vs a stumpy evo)

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 20:19 Quote
Yeah im not saying that “design-wise” its drastically different from horst link but it definitely feels different from other proper horst link bikes i have ridden. not a great climber but definitely a better climber than others.

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 4:09 Quote
Here’s my Switchback FS, British racing green & gold.

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 5:00 Quote
Bobbbyyyy wrote:

photo

photo

photo
And i love that hothatch too

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 6:33 Quote
Bobbbyyyy wrote:

photo

photo

photo

A beauty!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.034919
Mobile Version of Website