Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 18:28 Quote
twonsarelli wrote:
For those of who who have ridden specialized and transition, would you say there is a big difference to they way they feel? I’m curious because they’ve got similar suspension designs and the only extensive experience I have with a Horst link bike was my 2018 Capra, which was a total couch. The 2020 enduro I rode for a week last year felt very similar, if slightly more refined.

the enduro is a 6 bar linkage and is pretty different from any horst link bike ive ever ridden.

Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 18:42 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
twonsarelli wrote:
For those of who who have ridden specialized and transition, would you say there is a big difference to they way they feel? I’m curious because they’ve got similar suspension designs and the only extensive experience I have with a Horst link bike was my 2018 Capra, which was a total couch. The 2020 enduro I rode for a week last year felt very similar, if slightly more refined.

the enduro is a 6 bar linkage and is pretty different from any horst link bike ive ever ridden.
No, it's still FSR/Horst Link. The other two links are just to drive the shock.

The only 6 bar bike that comes to mind is the Atherton.

Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 19:10 Quote
Nobble wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
twonsarelli wrote:

I believe you are incorrect and correct all at once. Yes it is six bar. A six bar has two bars that drive the shock. That is what differentiates it from a four bar. The new enduro is six bar just like the demo. Atherton is also six bar. The Atherton is a DW design while the specialized is not. Also I believe the canyon sender is a six bar as well.
You may be thinking of the stumpy evo. It is a Horst link. As the stumpy non evo has moved to a linkage driven single pivot.

Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 19:17 Quote
I’m not sure how profound the six vs four link design is in terms of feel but on the trail the new enduro felt a lot like my Capra did. In both cases they felt very plush but not particularly fast or efficient. For instance, I have a fun ~3 hour loop that I’ve ridden a huge number of times. It is a breeze on my yeti but left me feeling pretty whipped on the Capra. I felt the same way on the enduro. I’m curious if anyone knows if the transition bikes feel roughly similar (say a sentinel vs a stumpy evo)

Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 20:19 Quote
Yeah im not saying that “design-wise” its drastically different from horst link but it definitely feels different from other proper horst link bikes i have ridden. not a great climber but definitely a better climber than others.

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 4:09 Quote
Here’s my Switchback FS, British racing green & gold.

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 5:00 Quote
Bobbbyyyy wrote:

And i love that hothatch too

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 6:33 Quote
Bobbbyyyy wrote:

A beauty!

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 9:14 Quote
Petiloi wrote:
Nobble wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

I believe you are incorrect and correct all at once. Yes it is six bar. A six bar has two bars that drive the shock. That is what differentiates it from a four bar. The new enduro is six bar just like the demo. Atherton is also six bar. The Atherton is a DW design while the specialized is not. Also I believe the canyon sender is a six bar as well.
You may be thinking of the stumpy evo. It is a Horst link. As the stumpy non evo has moved to a linkage driven single pivot.
how the shock gets driven is pretty much irrelevant in determining what kind if suspension layout it is.

What matters is how the wheel path is controlled. Extra links to drive the shock don’t affect the wheel path. Thats why knolly bikes are just Horst link with extra steps to drive the shock.

The extra links only purpose on the enduro is to change the leverage curve. They don’t change the other characteristics like axle path, anti squat, pedal kickback, etc. Thats why its still just FSR.

Linkage driven single pivot is still a single pivot. FSR with extra linkage is still FSR.

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 9:16 Quote
twonsarelli wrote:
I’m not sure how profound the six vs four link design is in terms of feel but on the trail the new enduro felt a lot like my Capra did. In both cases they felt very plush but not particularly fast or efficient. For instance, I have a fun ~3 hour loop that I’ve ridden a huge number of times. It is a breeze on my yeti but left me feeling pretty whipped on the Capra. I felt the same way on the enduro. I’m curious if anyone knows if the transition bikes feel roughly similar (say a sentinel vs a stumpy evo)
From my experience they’re better, but some of that feeling is still there.

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 10:32 Quote
Bobbbyyyy wrote:

Beauty mate!!

How you finding it? Been on the fence for a Switch9er FS for some time now

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 10:46 Quote
marko369 wrote:
Bobbbyyyy wrote:

Beauty mate!!

Thanks mate.

I absolutely love it ngl. The only downside for me is it’s heavy as it’s all steel, so can see myself grabbing a carbon rear end next year some point!

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 13:21 Quote
Bobbbyyyy wrote:
marko369 wrote:
Bobbbyyyy wrote:

Beauty mate!!

Thanks mate.

I absolutely love it ngl. The only downside for me is it’s heavy as it’s all steel, so can see myself grabbing a carbon rear end next year some point!

Peaslake? Nice bike!

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 9:53 Quote
Just arrived. Not been able to ride much as the storm at the weekend has trashed my local trails. Seems awesome so far though!

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 9:58 Quote
so clean! looks great

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028921
Mobile Version of Website