close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Dec 1, 2021 at 18:00 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
has anyone used a Helix cassette personally? my trs cassette is approaching death and im curious...

I have one on my Banshee Spitfire. Works super well. I built mine with the 11 speed helix and Shimano 11 speed XTR drive train. I don't find the need for the big 50+ tooth cogs and long cage derailleurs on 27.5 wheels and Shimano 11 derailleurs also seem to be more reliable. But anyways, I have used a couple of last gen e13 TRS cassettes and they worked pretty well. Still have one on my gravel bike. The Helix is even better IMHO, very smooth. Currently running with SRAM 12 speed chain, and it runs as well as my full SRAM X01 kit.

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 16:28 Quote
Wet leaves, dirt, and long slab rocks... Loving this ebike, but definitely takes some getting used to. Old trails I've been riding for 20+ years seem different and much faster. Bit of a learning curve and adjustment in climbing with boost, heavier weight, and carrying so much more speed. Cadence is crucial...

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 17:10 Quote
Look at you! Doing burnouts already? lol

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 21:03 Quote
ashfuel wrote:

She’s a beaut, Clark! I would love to have 3 hours with one of these

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 6:45 Quote
Just finished this build to replace my broken Banshee Spitfire.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 6:56 Quote
Love a Moxie. There are quite a few around where I live. Best colour also.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 7:04 Quote
very clean. looks amazing. the head angle appears a bit donutty as well

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 22:40 Quote
dont rip on me, but I sold all my bikes and just consolidated into one big ass eeb. Don't regret it one bit. The Geo on this thing is bonkers, Geometron rivaling numbers.

505 reach
63deg H/A
1336 wheelbase (not a typo)
462 Chainstays
28kg lol

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 22:52 Quote
Brasher wrote:
dont rip on me, but I sold all my bikes and just consolidated into one big ass eeb. Don't regret it one bit. The Geo on this thing is bonkers, Geometron rivaling numbers.

505 reach
63deg H/A
462 Chainstays
28kg lol

28kg! Might as well be a dirt bike lol

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 23:35 Quote
It’s weird though. My last eeb was 22kg and this feels not too bad. Once you are moving you forget the weight. Loading it into the Ute is a hernia inducing affair!

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 6:11 Quote
700-pirate wrote:

Messing about on this for the moment until my Morph arrives. Does really well on rough stuff.

Very nice, my Moxie’s currently undergoing a bit of a makeover atm, big changes in spec so should be good to go by the end of the month. Just waiting on a wheel getting built and some other odds and ends arriving and she’ll be a complete article again. Also picked up a wee retro Spesh Hardrock HT recently, which in turn naturally led me to the conclusion of I need to take this thing down some sketchy shit for a video hahaha. It’s gonna be sick, wee narrow tyres and 600 odd bars, proper flexy as f*ck on both ends lol.

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 6:50 Quote
Brasher wrote:

505 reach
63deg H/A
462 Chainstays
28kg lol

That thing is outrageous in every sense. I bet it crushes on the descents! Very clean looking too- the straight lines are much preferred over the swoopier ones to my eyes.

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 7:12 Quote
twonsarelli wrote:

That thing is outrageous in every sense. I bet it crushes on the descents! Very clean looking too- the straight lines are much preferred over the swoopier ones to my eyes.

That downtube makes the 38 look like an early 2000's XC fork!

That thing have a throttle? lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.033357
Mobile Version of Website