Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Mar 19, 2022 at 3:42 Quote
Zipp wheels, whilst nice and compliant, aren’t light, around 18-1900g iirc

Posted: Mar 19, 2022 at 7:03 Quote
JoeBristol wrote:
That stumpie evo is nice - thought it would be a bit lighter than that with the blingy wheels and kit on it. Maybe you’ve got heavy casing tyres on there?

My alloy Sentinel 2022 is 34lbs without carbon wheels - XT 12 speed / Hope and Bitex hubs/ / carbon bars and cranks. Maybe the Lyrik ultimate is saving a good chunk of weight vs the 38 you’ve got on there?

How does it ride? My mate has the baby blue stumpie evo comp and he seems to like it - other than the shock hasn’t got lsc adjustment and he finds it bobs quite a bit under pedalling. It certainly seem capable downhill though.

I’m fine with 32.5 lbs for this sort of bike. I think my expectation of being able to hit 30 or less just isn’t reasonable anymore for anything but a lighter duty trail bike. The stumpy weighs about 2.5 lbs less than the highlander and feels quite a bit more lively on the pedals. Not as fast as my SB130 but yetis always feel very rapid.

I’ve only got two rides in so far, so it’s hard to tell how the downhill performance will compare to the highlander. That thing destroyed the descents. It was just too much of a bummer in the way up for the way that I like to ride. Will report back after a few more rides.

Posted: Mar 19, 2022 at 8:23 Quote
Those Deviates are meant to be amazing downhill with the high pivots aren’t they? What makes them so bad pedalling - the extra chain length / idlers or just the inherent suspension design?

I’m sure the stumpie will be a perfect allrounder - should still be quite strong downhill I’d have thought.

Posted: Mar 19, 2022 at 8:33 Quote
JoeBristol wrote:
Those Deviates are meant to be amazing downhill with the high pivots aren’t they? What makes them so bad pedalling - the extra chain length / idlers or just the inherent suspension design?

I’m sure the stumpie will be a perfect allrounder - should still be quite strong downhill I’d have thought.

I am expecting the evo to be close to the deviate in terms of downhill performance. i am going to be riding some fast chunky stuff today, where the highlander was very good, so i will have a better idea after.
the highlander was a remarkably good technical climber but it was just too slow the rest of the time. one of my main riding buddies rides an ebike and he said it was very noticeable following me on the highlander vs the yeti, for instance. he said he could just tell that i was working harder but not going as fast up or across. let's just say that a 5+ hour ride required a big effort. so i guess that was a combination of additional weight, some additional waste on account of the idler and probably also a design that is just more focused on the descents. deviate claim that it is a 'trail bike' but my experience is that it is about 10/90 split for uphill vs downhill preference. that thing was absurd on the descents - frighteningly fast but super composed. i sold it to a young guy who is planning to race enduro on it, which i think is actually the perfect setting for it.

Posted: Mar 19, 2022 at 11:27 Quote
Damn. my enduro weighs like 38lbs

Posted: Mar 19, 2022 at 12:53 Quote
Here is my Specialized Status Smile

Posted: Mar 19, 2022 at 13:00 Quote
31 lbs is reasonable for this size bike. My new Hightower is 31 lbs with pedals. Doesn't ride that way on the trail though. Not bad compared to my 27 lb '22 Blur TR.

Posted: Mar 19, 2022 at 13:18 Quote
gmoss wrote:
31 lbs is reasonable for this size bike. My new Hightower is 31 lbs with pedals. Doesn't ride that way on the trail though. Not bad compared to my 27 lb '22 Blur TR.

Enduro's are a burly frame. This is pretty extreme light weight build for sure. 1300g wheels made that possible.

Posted: Mar 19, 2022 at 13:32 Quote
I am trying to source some lighter wheels, and that is the range I am looking at. I could gret mine below 30 with a little more spend, but I am content for now. The Blur has become my daily ride, that was an easy drop of 4 to 5 lbs, LOL and it will get lighter too.

I imagine our wheel weights are similar as I am running a lighter tire, but not everyone can get away with that. What wheels ya running?

Posted: Mar 19, 2022 at 14:01 Quote
Ohwow. 1300g wheels and dual compound exo tires on an Enduro?.....

Bizarre setup

Posted: Mar 19, 2022 at 14:03 Quote
nubbs wrote:
Ohwow. 1300g wheels and dual compound exo tires on an Enduro?.....

Bizarre setup

Don’t need grip if the wheels won’t last 2 corners

Posted: Mar 19, 2022 at 18:05 Quote
Wheels might last longer if tires don't grip

Posted: Mar 19, 2022 at 19:46 Quote
Wheel implosion imminent

Posted: Mar 20, 2022 at 15:26 Quote
anything can be a mountain bike if you want it to be...

anyways here are my 2 bikes that I love, with the actual mtb being my favorite (for obvious reasons)

Active Forum Threads
1 mins ago - Spells to attract love (929) 335 6292 Psychic love spells in Westminster, CO
10 mins ago - Spells to attract love (929) 335 6292 Psychic love spells in Arvada, CO
12 mins ago - Spells to attract love (929) 335 6292 Psychic love spells in Thornton, CO
13 mins ago - Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
19 mins ago - Jeffsy 29er Thread
28 mins ago - Steel is Real (Steel Bikes Only Thread).
34 mins ago - Spells to attract love (929) 335 6292 Psychic love spells in Fort Collins, CO
54 mins ago - YT Capra Core 3 MX vs. Canyon Torque CF8
2 hours ago - Does someone have a Kona Dawg Deluxe 2010? I just want to find out how rare my beast is.
2 hours ago - Spells to attract love (929) 335 6292 Psychic love spells in Aurora, CO
2 hours ago - Quality / Custom DJ frame
3 hours ago - Mondraker Owners Thread
3 hours ago - show off your Santa Cruz
4 hours ago - Boxxer 2022 27.5" lower crown height
4 hours ago - Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
5 hours ago - Spells to attract love (929) 335 6292 Psychic love spells in Colorado Springs.
5 hours ago - Geometry & Suspension design - what creates bike characteristics
5 hours ago - Spells to attract love (929) 335 6292 Psychic love spells in Denver, CO by Asaf
5 hours ago - Spells to attract love (929) 335 6292 Psychic love spells in Baltimore by Asaf
5 hours ago - Psychic Love Spell Caster (929) 3356292 Polson, MT by Asaf
5 hours ago - Shimano I Spec EV to Sram Matchmaker lever
5 hours ago - Psychic Love Spell Caster (929) 3356292 Orchard Homes, MT by Asaf
6 hours ago - Love spells in Columbia Falls, MT (929) 335 6292 By Psychic Asaf
6 hours ago - Love spells in Lewistown, MT (929) 335 6292 By Psychic Asaf
6 hours ago - What are you doing to prolong bearing life?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016341
Mobile Version of Website