Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: May 15, 2022 at 2:30 Quote
Brasher wrote:
twonsarelli wrote:
fstws6 wrote:

Well..diff strokes for diff folks..I don't think I would have noticed much of performance diff in casette upgrade (only 125grams diff between deore and xt)...now shifter chain derailer diff story.

Agreed. I’ve never changed cassettes and noticed a difference on the trail. There are so many variables that come into play. On the flip side, there seems to be good evidence that increased frame weight, ideally located as low as possible, also has benefits to handling and suspension performance on account of the increased inertia. Ebikers are constantly telling me how well their suspension performs with an extra 20 pounds stacked on their BB

It's the difference between sprung, and unsprung mass that gives the suspension that amazing feeling.

I've recently gone from Deore to XTR on my emtb, don't notice the difference at all to be honest, but I got the cassette at XT pricing so no huge deal.

But recently going from cushcore pro to no insert.... definately noticed an improvement. There is ~300g difference there in outer inertia. I just have to run DD casing and sensible pressures. So far my rear wheel is alive Smile see how long it last though, the cushcore really has paid for itself countless times. Looking at it after removal, looks like a rat has been biting it, but those nibble marks would be rim dings I'm pretty certain had it not been in there.

what are the benefits of going for highend(like the xtr cassette) drivetrain components on a ebike? imho a few 100gramms of weight diff is no issue, and longetivity is more desirable.

O+
Posted: May 15, 2022 at 3:27 Quote
labrinsky wrote:
I forgot to post my favorite part on the bike, the acid anodized Ti stem cap!
photo

That bike is ace. Which (of the many) Enve bar and stems is that?

O+
Posted: May 15, 2022 at 6:26 Quote
jtwickenden wrote:
That bike is ace. Which (of the many) Enve bar and stems is that?
Its their m9 bar, the 31.8 dh model. The stem is a few years old, I don't remember the exact model. It's a 40mm carbon version

Posted: May 15, 2022 at 9:26 Quote
Brasher wrote:
twonsarelli wrote:
Brasher wrote:

It's the difference between sprung, and unsprung mass that gives the suspension that amazing feeling.

I've recently gone from Deore to XTR on my emtb, don't notice the difference at all to be honest, but I got the cassette at XT pricing so no huge deal.

But recently going from cushcore pro to no insert.... definately noticed an improvement. There is ~300g difference there in outer inertia. I just have to run DD casing and sensible pressures. So far my rear wheel is alive Smile see how long it last though, the cushcore really has paid for itself countless times. Looking at it after removal, looks like a rat has been biting it, but those nibble marks would be rim dings I'm pretty certain had it not been in there.

Why did you remove the cushcore if it’s been doing such a good job? Is the improvement in suspension feel worth it in this case?

Just to experiment if it makes an improvement, also I simply HATE changing tyres with it, no matter how many I do still a pain in the ass!

Feel ya there. Cushcore ain't fun. The only reason I'm using it right now is cuz i have a nice old n stretched cushcore from 2 years ago. Thing was as loose as a ___ heheh. Still some rim protection. but about as easy to throw in as you can imagine. I wouldnt' buy one new again though. Its too much of a pain in the ass

Posted: May 16, 2022 at 6:59 Quote
New Forbidden Dreadnought custom build. 170mm Zeb Ultimate/Super Deluxe rear shock, Descendant carbon crankset, CODE RSC brakes with 200mm HS2 rotors, X01 Eagle transmission, Burgtec pedals and bars, Loamlab stem, 200mm Reverb
New Forbidden Dreadnought custom build. 170mm Zeb Ultimate Super Deluxe rear shock Descendant carbon crankset CODE RSC brakes with 200mm HS2 rotors X01 Eagle transmission Burgtec pedals and bars Loamlab stem 200mm Reverb

New Forbidden Dreadnought custom build. 170mm Zeb Ultimate Super Deluxe rear shock Descendant carbon crankset CODE RSC brakes with 200mm HS2 rotors X01 Eagle transmission Burgtec pedals and bars Loamlab stem 200mm Reverb

Posted: May 16, 2022 at 8:11 Quote
tgr9 wrote:
New Forbidden Dreadnought custom build. 170mm Zeb Ultimate/Super Deluxe rear shock, Descendant carbon crankset, CODE RSC brakes with 200mm HS2 rotors, X01 Eagle transmission, Burgtec pedals and bars, Loamlab stem, 200mm Reverb

this looks awesome? how do you like it? i had a highlander 150 and that thing was a crusher. i suspect the same for this

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 6:43 Quote
It's a really sweet bike, loves to go really fast! The geometry is a bit more extreme than my previous bike (Process 153 29 carbon) but it still remains nimble and lively. It really loves the steep and chunky stuff!

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 7:25 Quote
tgr9 wrote:
It's a really sweet bike, loves to go really fast! The geometry is a bit more extreme than my previous bike (Process 153 29 carbon) but it still remains nimble and lively. It really loves the steep and chunky stuff!

how do you find the climbing performance? the highlander had great traction and all that but it was very tiring. the stumpy evo i bought after selling it is WAY more rapid on the ascents. curious if you find the same between the kona and this

O+
Posted: May 18, 2022 at 8:40 Quote
twonsarelli wrote:
tgr9 wrote:

how do you find the climbing performance? the highlander had great traction and all that but it was very tiring. the stumpy evo i bought after selling it is WAY more rapid on the ascents. curious if you find the same between the kona and this

wow i had a highlander on my short list to try, but if it climbs that much worse than the stumpy evo (the worst climbing bike ive ridden in recent memory), maybe not.

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 8:49 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
twonsarelli wrote:
tgr9 wrote:

wow i had a highlander on my short list to try, but if it climbs that much worse than the stumpy evo (the worst climbing bike ive ridden in recent memory), maybe not.

i guess it must be very individual because my evo feels equally as fast on the climbs as my SB130 and i would say that yetis are the best climbing bikes i have ever ridden. the highlander just felt so SLOW on the climbs and my ebike riding partners would frequently comment on how much faster i was when i rode anything other than the highlander. i loved that bike though, especially on the descents. it was absolutely the best downhill smashing bike i've ever had, so if your riding skews to that side of things, i doubt you'd be disappointed. also worth mentioning that i did do several 40-50 mile rides on the highlander and it was fine, just slower than it would have been otherwise (and i wouldn't have wanted to do another 10-20 miles beyond that)

O+
Posted: May 18, 2022 at 9:35 Quote
twonsarelli wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
twonsarelli wrote:

i guess it must be very individual because my evo feels equally as fast on the climbs as my SB130 and i would say that yetis are the best climbing bikes i have ever ridden. the highlander just felt so SLOW on the climbs and my ebike riding partners would frequently comment on how much faster i was when i rode anything other than the highlander. i loved that bike though, especially on the descents. it was absolutely the best downhill smashing bike i've ever had, so if your riding skews to that side of things, i doubt you'd be disappointed. also worth mentioning that i did do several 40-50 mile rides on the highlander and it was fine, just slower than it would have been otherwise (and i wouldn't have wanted to do another 10-20 miles beyond that)

yeah maybe i just had the evo set up weird, it felt like the slug for real. and the tons of set up changes maybe help; i just got a rocky altitude and had it set up in the short chainstay setting the first few rides and really just didnt like it but then moved it to the long setting and its been so insane, the bike just knows what i want to it to do and it does it. huge difference that 10mm makes.

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 10:59 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
twonsarelli wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

yeah maybe i just had the evo set up weird, it felt like the slug for real. and the tons of set up changes maybe help; i just got a rocky altitude and had it set up in the short chainstay setting the first few rides and really just didnt like it but then moved it to the long setting and its been so insane, the bike just knows what i want to it to do and it does it. huge difference that 10mm makes.

What year evo were you on? Was it the current gen or an earlier model? i'm on a '22 and it is rapid

O+
Posted: May 18, 2022 at 13:04 Quote
twonsarelli wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
twonsarelli wrote:

What year evo were you on? Was it the current gen or an earlier model? i'm on a '22 and it is rapid

Current model. the black and minty green one, i think it was a gx spec.

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 9:25 Quote
Hello Guys!
Bike pedals well for a 37lb. bike haha! Am a big fan of the more upright seated position, this makes it a slightly better climber than my kona used to be, it tends to just keep traction on the rear wheel and never slip out. While this bike is clearly more downhill inspired than the "playful" nature/geometry of the kona, it is surprisingly nimble and fun to ride on more tame trails with switchbacks or tighter jumps

O+
Posted: May 20, 2022 at 12:03 Quote
tgr9 wrote:
Hello Guys!
Bike pedals well for a 37lb. bike haha!

Eek
My old 951 Evo weighted about that.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.063172
Mobile Version of Website