Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: May 21, 2022 at 15:33 Quote
marlon-d wrote:
New whiply.

Decided to buy a new Status, seemed to suite my style of riding. the best part? In stock at the LBS.

Going from riding Knollys, this this is a lot more modern.

How does it climb compared to other am/ Enduro bikes?

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 17:15 Quote
Looks awesome. Spesh' makes great all around bikes--they've got the 'glide' factor, smooth rides. Those remind me a lot of Jeffsy's.

Good score! tup

~JSV

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 1:52 Quote
Pretty happy with how this turned out:

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 3:06 Quote
aribr wrote:

That’s beautiful

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 20:50 Quote
aribr wrote:

love the old school decals on the fork!

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 1:56 Quote
Thanks! Old school bike needs old school decals Smile Geo is decidedly not old school though, running a 63° head angle on this one.

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 10:28 Quote
riggadon wrote:
marlon-d wrote:

Decided to buy a new Status, seemed to suite my style of riding. the best part? In stock at the LBS.

Pretty horribly up anything technical compared to my Chilcotin, but it is workable. Climbs just fine up anything smooth. Not a light bike though.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 21:09 Quote
marlon-d wrote:
riggadon wrote:
marlon-d wrote:

Pretty horribly up anything technical compared to my Chilcotin, but it is workable. Climbs just fine up anything smooth. Not a light bike though.

Is the weight close to an alloy Stumpy, about? My friend just put down on an alloy Stumpy, I've only test rode them. Didn't remember them feeling too heavy? Curious about how your Status would feel compared to that. Still looks like you got a great bike tup

~JSV

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 16:16 Quote
Keep em coming...

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 17:44 Quote
I feel like Ripmos usually end up looking the same. Here's mine. Started out as a DVO SLX build, but I swapped in Fox suspension, TRP DHR-Evo brakes, Industry 9 1/1s laced to DT Swiss EX 511s, and an XTR shifter. Changed touchpoints, too. I tried to stay practical/reliable with everything, but went all in on brakes and suspension. And the Reserve Fillmore valves. Those things are sweet!

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 22:32 Quote
One of my riding buddies picked up a Ripmo a few months ago, and has been loving it.
Curious what you think about the TRP’s. I run the DHR Evo’s as well, and would be hard pressed to use anything else. Best brakes I have ever used.

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 4:01 Quote
Not @radicalpugilism, but I second your thoughts on the TRP's. I also have a set of DHR Evo's and they sre without a doubt my favorite set of brakes.

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 7:20 Quote
blurryvision wrote:
One of my riding buddies picked up a Ripmo a few months ago, and has been loving it.
Curious what you think about the TRP’s. I run the DHR Evo’s as well, and would be hard pressed to use anything else. Best brakes I have ever used.

trioofchaos wrote:
Not @radicalpugilism, but I second your thoughts on the TRP's. I also have a set of DHR Evo's and they sre without a doubt my favorite set of brakes.

Absolutely love them. I don’t think I’d change at this point. The lever feel and adjustability, the modulation and power. They’re great. Doesn’t hurt that they’re the best looking!

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 7:35 Quote
radicalpugilism wrote:
blurryvision wrote:

trioofchaos wrote:

Absolutely love them. I don’t think I’d change at this point. The lever feel and adjustability, the modulation and power. They’re great. Doesn’t hurt that they’re the best looking!

how are they to bleed? are they using mineral oil similar to shimano?

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018008
Mobile Version of Website