Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: May 27, 2022 at 8:52 Quote
twonsarelli wrote:
radicalpugilism wrote:
blurryvision wrote:
One of my riding buddies picked up a Ripmo a few months ago, and has been loving it.
Curious what you think about the TRP’s. I run the DHR Evo’s as well, and would be hard pressed to use anything else. Best brakes I have ever used.

trioofchaos wrote:
Not @radicalpugilism, but I second your thoughts on the TRP's. I also have a set of DHR Evo's and they sre without a doubt my favorite set of brakes.

Absolutely love them. I don’t think I’d change at this point. The lever feel and adjustability, the modulation and power. They’re great. Doesn’t hurt that they’re the best looking!

how are they to bleed? are they using mineral oil similar to shimano?

Mineral oil, and very straightforward. I have the Park Tool bleed kit and it probably takes about 10-15 minutes per end in my experience!

Posted: May 28, 2022 at 9:11 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
marlon-d wrote:
riggadon wrote:

How does it climb compared to other am/ Enduro bikes?

Pretty horribly up anything technical compared to my Chilcotin, but it is workable. Climbs just fine up anything smooth. Not a light bike though.

Is the weight close to an alloy Stumpy, about? My friend just put down on an alloy Stumpy, I've only test rode them. Didn't remember them feeling too heavy? Curious about how your Status would feel compared to that. Still looks like you got a great bike tup

~JSV

They are about the same weight. 35ish lbs.

Posted: May 28, 2022 at 16:33 Quote
trioofchaos wrote:
twonsarelli wrote:
radicalpugilism wrote:

Absolutely love them. I don’t think I’d change at this point. The lever feel and adjustability, the modulation and power. They’re great. Doesn’t hurt that they’re the best looking!

Mineral oil, and very straightforward. I have the Park Tool bleed kit and it probably takes about 10-15 minutes per end in my experience!

3rd on the TRP hype train. I love my Quandiems, and the bleed process is nice and easy.

Posted: May 28, 2022 at 16:35 Quote
Mark me down as #4. I had tektro Orion 4 pistons on my marin and they where really good for what they where.

Posted: May 28, 2022 at 16:38 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Mark me down as #4. I had tektro Orion 4 pistons on my marin and they where really good for what they where.

I have them brakes on my ebike and I'm really happy with them. They can stop my 96kg arse lol

Posted: May 29, 2022 at 10:04 Quote
twonsarelli wrote:
radicalpugilism wrote:
blurryvision wrote:
One of my riding buddies picked up a Ripmo a few months ago, and has been loving it.
Curious what you think about the TRP’s. I run the DHR Evo’s as well, and would be hard pressed to use anything else. Best brakes I have ever used.

trioofchaos wrote:
Not @radicalpugilism, but I second your thoughts on the TRP's. I also have a set of DHR Evo's and they sre without a doubt my favorite set of brakes.

Easiest brakes I have ever dealt with. You just hook them up to this bad boy, press start, crack a beer Beer and wait.

Posted: May 29, 2022 at 14:51 Quote
That’s pretty cool, but damn, for $500 it’s more than the cost of the brakes!

Posted: May 29, 2022 at 15:08 Quote
More for shops that have demo / rental fleets where you're doing multiple brakes a day.

Posted: Jun 3, 2022 at 9:46 Quote
Work in progress now looks like a bike again. Need to shorten the fork from 190 to 170, waiting on some 612 parts calipers, adjustments being made to carbon cranks, so stock fitted for now.

Ready for all the mountains!

Posted: Jun 3, 2022 at 20:49 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
Work in progress now looks like a bike again. Need to shorten the fork from 190 to 170, waiting on some 612 parts calipers, adjustments being made to carbon cranks, so stock fitted for now.

Ready for all the mountains!

Damn that frame looks total bad*ss with those dual-crown forks. That's unusual. Love the look, color scheme, awesome bike. Bet that would make a good DH'er.

~JSV

Posted: Jun 4, 2022 at 0:32 Quote
Need another break hose and Im finished Salute

Posted: Jun 4, 2022 at 2:00 Quote
I like the rear wheel stand. Does it work with all wheel sizes?

Posted: Jun 4, 2022 at 14:11 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:

I really dig this

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017396
Mobile Version of Website