Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Author Message
Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 15:14 Quote
sherbet wrote:
29 for racing, 27.5 for life.
Exactly! I PRed my downhills at my local trails on my Pole Evolink 140 but I was not having as much fun as I used to. Going for raw speed is not always enjoyable, would rather be able to do manuals and pop off of trailside features.

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 15:18 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
There are 29er's that IMO still suffer from the problem of feeling above instead of between the wheels. 2 years ago the Stumpy I demo'd had that feeling.

the stump jumpers from 2 years ago were so terrible in general lmao

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 15:24 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:
There are 29er's that IMO still suffer from the problem of feeling above instead of between the wheels. 2 years ago the Stumpy I demo'd had that feeling.

the stump jumpers from 2 years ago were so terrible in general lmao

lol well that explains it!

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 21:59 Quote
christianlund wrote:
After 3 months of riding a 29er, I realized I'm not a fan. So I picked up this new rig from the shop. Excited to be back on a full 27.5.

2022 Trance X, Swapped the stem for a 35mm but keen to see how she rides. Long live 27.5

Split the difference, go mullet.

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 1:06 Quote
novaman64 wrote:
christianlund wrote:
After 3 months of riding a 29er, I realized I'm not a fan. So I picked up this new rig from the shop. Excited to be back on a full 27.5.

2022 Trance X, Swapped the stem for a 35mm but keen to see how she rides. Long live 27.5

Split the difference, go mullet.

Not opposed to give it a try, maybe one day haha

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 12:50 Quote
Bought this off here, built up this week. Can't wait to rag the hell out of it*


*Read: pretend I'm good enough for it


Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 13:32 Quote
TimMog wrote:
Bought this off here, built up this week. Can't wait to rag the hell out of it*


*Read: pretend I'm good enough for it


Looks sick. Hold on tight!

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 20:15 Quote

new rail 29 to compliment my ranger

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 21:03 Quote
frigofff wrote:

new rail 29 to compliment my ranger

Looks killer. How long have you had it? Which do you think is gonna see more action?

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 21:53 Quote
i got it 3 hours ago. did a quick 1200ft 5 mile ride with a couple of descents and it’s definitely got tons of traction. i’ve had my ranger for a year and a half which is longer than i’ve had any bike. rather than trading for something new i just purchased a full pivot and bearing kit and am gonna do an overhaul on the whole bike. it’s just so good. i generally ride the ranger 80% of the time, but my terrain while varies is generally very steep and rough (while not particularly “chunky”), so hoping this will be more suited to that. i can tell you already from 1 ride that the ranger with the same tire setup climbs 20% better.

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 5:52 Quote
frigofff wrote:
i got it 3 hours ago. did a quick 1200ft 5 mile ride with a couple of descents and it’s definitely got tons of traction. i’ve had my ranger for a year and a half which is longer than i’ve had any bike. rather than trading for something new i just purchased a full pivot and bearing kit and am gonna do an overhaul on the whole bike. it’s just so good. i generally ride the ranger 80% of the time, but my terrain while varies is generally very steep and rough (while not particularly “chunky”), so hoping this will be more suited to that. i can tell you already from 1 ride that the ranger with the same tire setup climbs 20% better.

Right on. I hopped on a ranger last year for a quick parking lot test. I was expecting it be super lively on the pedals (like my old ripley, for instance) but I was surprised to find that it didn’t explode off the line in that way. I also wheeled out a slayer for the parking lot test and it felt zippier off the line, which baffled me quite a bit. Maybe the shop had some weird setup on those two bikes or something but I couldn’t work it out. I’ve been hearing for ages that the revels pedal well, ranger in particular, and I suppose that matches your experience pretty closely, yeah?

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 8:02 Quote
i would say so, however it’s probably the most xc bike i’ve ever thrown a leg over. my wheelset on that bike is about 1400g so nearly a pound lighter than any of my bigger bikes so i’m sure that makes a big difference. i also tend to run my sag at around 25% because the CBF feels so good under braking and i like the extra support.

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 11:45 Quote
frigofff wrote:

new rail 29 to compliment my ranger

Nice!
I have been eyeballing the new 29er frame. Curious to see what you think of it after a few more rides.

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 22:58 Quote
blurryvision wrote:
frigofff wrote:

new rail 29 to compliment my ranger

Nice!
I have been eyeballing the new 29er frame. Curious to see what you think of it after a few more rides.
Drool I like it.


 
Active Forum Threads
17 mins ago - Transition Spur
29 mins ago - Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
32 mins ago - DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
47 mins ago - 100 (or more) days of biking in 2022!
47 mins ago - Stained wood vs Treated?
58 mins ago - BOSCH Kiox 300 3d printed display mount
1 hours ago - Bearing Eyelet Tool Warning
1 hours ago - Lost Love Spells to Bring Back Lost Love WhatsApp ((+27 838 581 581))
1 hours ago - Spiritually Empowered Lottery Spells WhatsApp ((+27 838 581 581))
2 hours ago - Death Revenge Spells WhatsApp ((+27 838 581 581))
2 hours ago - Banshee Titan Owners
2 hours ago - Powerful Revenge Spells That Work Overnight | Instant Death Spells WhatsApp ((+27 838 581 581))
2 hours ago - Does a 'stiff', 1.125", long-travel 32 mm stanchion fork exist?
2 hours ago - UK parts manufacturers?
2 hours ago - Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds
2 hours ago - Best Online Love Spell Caster | Love Spells That Work for Real WhatsApp ((+27 838 581 581))
2 hours ago - ((+27723039124)) NO 1 Worldwide Extreme Lost love Spells Caster / Spiritual Healer in Durban-Worcester/Phoenix-Richards Bay.
2 hours ago - Most Powerful Voodoo Revenge Spells to Destroy Enemy WhatsApp ((+27 838 581 581))
2 hours ago - Lost Love Spells to Bring Back a Lover WhatsApp ((+27 838 581 581))
2 hours ago - Biking in Barcelona?
2 hours ago - Evil Owners Club
2 hours ago - Official Vernon Riders Thread
2 hours ago - Elite/expert racers of pinkbike...what is your mindset when racing. How fast are you going?
3 hours ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Billings, MT Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
3 hours ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Clinton, MS Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019509
Mobile Version of Website