Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Sep 19, 2022 at 15:25 Quote
I got a used XO1 that had new teeth on my most common gears. The guy evidently never went up steep hills or I'm in worse shape than I thought...

Posted: Sep 19, 2022 at 16:18 Quote
Dustndirt wrote:
I got a used XO1 that had new teeth on my most common gears. The guy evidently never went up steep hills or I'm in worse shape than I thought...

There's the ticket - buy from somebody living in a flat state.

Posted: Sep 20, 2022 at 8:12 Quote
Ronix1080 wrote:
Just finished my first frame up dream build. My 2022 Evil Offering V2

ANVL - Stem
CASCADE COMPONENTS - Link, Raw Aluminum
CHRIS KING - Bottom Bracket, Mango - Hubs, Matte Bourbon
CHROMAG - Saddle LynxDT
DEITY - Pedals - TMac, Handlebar - Speedway 35, stealth
ENVE - Wheels - M730
EXT - Shock - Storia V3
FOX FACTORY - Fork, 36 & Dropper
HOPE - Seat Post Clamp, Raw Aluminum
MAGURA - Brakes, MT7 Special Edition orange - Rotors, MDR-P, 223 front, 203 rear
SRAM - AXS Drivetrain GX - Cranks, X01 - Cassette, XX1 Gold, Chain, XX1 Gold
PNW COMPONENTS - Grips, safety orange
SCHWALBE - Tires, Hans Dampf & Nobby Nic (soon to be Magic Mary)

Offer V2 - side

That is a nice custom build Salute

So much better than what equivalent money would buy you purchasing a complete!

Posted: Sep 20, 2022 at 19:33 Quote
duck wrote:
photo

The new Stevo.

We Are One + One Up goodies, waiting on 220 rotor adaptors. -1* HA, High BB

Hell yeah. Running the same geo setting on mine. These things shred! Too bad the top of the seat tube couldn’t have been straight for longer because I’d easily be able to get 200mm+ in dropper length. As it is, 180 is the best I can manage.

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2022 at 8:58 Quote
duck wrote:
photo

The new Stevo.

Looks awesome, but I can't help thinking that the money may have been better spent getting rid of the NX. I hate my NX drivetrain.

Posted: Sep 21, 2022 at 14:10 Quote
duck wrote:
photo

The new Stevo.

What's your opinion on how that climbs? I'm currently on a 2018 Kona Process 153 29 and have been really considering the SJ evo. This is my do everything bike. I've read that the SJ shreds downhill but the reviews have been different on how it climbs. Thanks

Posted: Sep 21, 2022 at 15:27 Quote
reximus42 wrote:
duck wrote:
photo

The new Stevo.

What's your opinion on how that climbs? I'm currently on a 2018 Kona Process 153 29 and have been really considering the SJ evo. This is my do everything bike. I've read that the SJ shreds downhill but the reviews have been different on how it climbs. Thanks

Can confirm the new evo is a killer climber. I’d say 94% (or better) as good as my SB130

Posted: Sep 21, 2022 at 19:04 Quote
With the SJ evo climbing so well, is there much of a place for the regular SJ anymore?

Posted: Sep 21, 2022 at 19:34 Quote
sjv13 wrote:
With the SJ evo climbing so well, is there much of a place for the regular SJ anymore?

For sure, the Stumpjumper is a way better climber than the Evo. It’s a totally different feeling bike all around, much more of a sporty feel

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2022 at 21:50 Quote
i would take a regular SJ over a stevo all day every day. climbs very nicely. even the stock set up (140mm 34) is plenty of bike for most trails, and lots of folks run a 150mm 36 or 160 even to make it burlier.

if you really need a 63 degree head angle then sure get a stevo but id probably get something like a spire at that point

Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 5:37 Quote
As good as the evo is on the climbs, the standard stumpy is in another league. It just launches forward with each pedal stroke. I could not believe it. It feels more like an epic evo evo than a stumpy haha. I want one badly!

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 9:20 Quote
yeah if i had to race, the regular wouldnt be my first pick unless it was a particularly flat/pedal-y spot.

Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 12:54 Quote
I didn't find the regular SJ to feel much more efficient uphill (suspension wise) than the EVO. Regular SJ is really light which does make it feel a bit quicker/snappier. Both bikes have great geo that let you push hard, but the regular SJ felt like the suspension would get overwhelmed on fast rough hits. I think it's a good bike if most of your trails are smooth/flowy and you keep the build pretty light, almost like a longer travel Spur.

Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 13:30 Quote
My little filly; RM Slayer C90 in XL. Absolute monster truck of a bike.
photo
photo

Might be turned for the 2023 model, but time will tell.

Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 13:51 Quote
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
My little filly; RM Slayer C90 in XL. Absolute monster truck of a bike.
photo
photo

Might be turned for the 2023 model, but time will tell.

love it! these things pedal remarkably well for being such hitters

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.038579
Mobile Version of Website