Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 14:46 Quote
Cheers guys. I was torn between the 141 and Transition Scout alloy, but the Scout frame was around 400€ more and availability for the size small unknown. Other options where equally unavailable when I decided to order last January. I'm pretty sure I'd be just as happy with the Transition, but so far the 141 has been great. It took me a while and some cockpit adjustments to get used to it (a couple of shuttle days helped too), but I'm 100% enjoying it now. Privateer/Hunt are great to deal with as well, I have no doubt they'll have my back should anything happen.

Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 14:04 Quote
Went on a nice ride this morning. Trying out the new DVO Topaz shock. Liking it pretty good.

Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 12:30 Quote
Got a 150mm Pike and Farr Supa Moto bars for the Marshall

Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 13:32 Quote
NortonH wrote:
Got a 150mm Pike and Farr Supa Moto bars for the Marshall

What's the story behind the pumpkin in your front wheel?

Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 14:08 Quote
Spoke card for spooky Halloween Zoobomb night last month

Posted: Nov 26, 2022 at 13:36 Quote
So many awesome bikes in this thread!

Posted: Nov 27, 2022 at 2:36 Quote
Sambolo wrote:
Updated old lyrik select for a new -23 zeb ultimate. Not quite sure yet if it was an upgrade though.

I must say now that the new zeb is not a winter fork with original oils, gets really sticky and slow below ~+5 celsius. I mean REALLY SLOW. Other than that, feels good.

Posted: Nov 27, 2022 at 4:10 Quote

Da rig post wash after a muddy day

Posted: Nov 27, 2022 at 17:13 Quote
Building up the 21 Status
Getting closer to being rideable

Posted: Nov 27, 2022 at 23:47 Quote
Perhaps the last ride of the season.. It was a fun one Smile

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 5:27 Quote
Man this thread just reminds me there are so many sweet bikes out there nowadays.

Here is mine on possibly the last ride of the season:

2017 Evolink 140:
36 Performance
Inline coil rear (amazing)
Carbon wheels, cranks, bars
Zee brakes
GX drivetrain

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 6:12 Quote
You guys don’t ride in the winter??

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 7:29 Quote
fredro wrote:

Yes, but you need to switch to the fat bike. Trails around here get about 2 feet of snow on them (really, they should already have snow on them, but it's been a weird fall). Even on a fat bike, you can only ride trails that see a certain amount of traffic on them, to keep the snow packed down enough to ride.

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 7:43 Quote
bishopsmike wrote:
fredro wrote:

Yes, but you need to switch to the fat bike. Trails around here get about 2 feet of snow on them (really, they should already have snow on them, but it's been a weird fall). Even on a fat bike, you can only ride trails that see a certain amount of traffic on them, to keep the snow packed down enough to ride.

I know a few dedicated folks that put screws in their tires and ride some pretty intense (and well hiked) trails all winter, but most people fatbike out here in the Calgary/Kanaskis area.

I generally don't have any interest in fat biking, but if I did, it'd be on one of these. Locally handmade, modern, aggressive geo fatbike:

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 11:58 Quote

2022 Transition Patrol - Now on coil, feels great so far!

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024945
Mobile Version of Website