Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 17:41 Quote
Yeah having to deal with electrical garbage on cars all day really turns me off of adding electronics on my bikes. Remember when cars were reliable (I.e. the 90s to mid 2000s before all the latest electric safety and emissions crap)? Bikes might be going the same way as the automobile.

Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 18:38 Quote
fredro wrote:
What was the issue? Do you know?

one is the mode switch intermittently cutting the bike off, but swapping to another mode switch does the same thing. The other the motor just plain old failed.

Bit of a shitshow, has to go back to germany, no local repair/replacements.

With EP8/E8000 we go down the road, get another one from shimano and bolt it back in within an hour.

My old E8000 did just over 8,000km's. My ep8 just cracked 2000km in less than 8 month, no issues.

Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 19:23 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Yeah having to deal with electrical garbage on cars all day really turns me off of adding electronics on my bikes. Remember when cars were reliable (I.e. the 90s to mid 2000s before all the latest electric safety and emissions crap)? Bikes might be going the same way as the automobile.

That’s why they still make bicycles! Just as fun as a moped without the bullshit

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 19:48 Quote
Yay!
...although electronics are seeping into analog bikes as well, I fear it will eventually be the norm.

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 6:29 Quote
Hi guys, the Deviate Claymore build I've been "dreaming" about for a while is now complete, and wanted to share the build video with you.

I also got a chance to try this monster in Leogang Bikepark, and it really made me forget what I used to ride, it goes very fast on the loose stuff without feeling sketchy at all!

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 6:29 Quote
I've seen two instances of failure on the Pivot.
One was from Loam Wolf review - problem with wheel speed sensor.
The other was from a YouTube review by mxengineer1 where the description in the video stated: The assist felt a little inconsistent at times while pedaling uphill. Apparently there is a firmware update available soon to address this issue.

I think Pivot will get this bike's wrinkles ironed out quickly - I'd love to ride one.

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 6:59 Quote
Apostt wrote:
Hi guys, the Deviate Claymore build I've been "dreaming" about for a while is now complete, and wanted to share the build video with you.

I also got a chance to try this monster in Leogang Bikepark, and it really made me forget what I used to ride, it goes very fast on the loose stuff without feeling sketchy at all!

that was great. never seen a forest bike build before! glad to hear it rides so well. my highlander 150 with a 170mm fork was the best downhill bike i've ever ridden. i can only imagine what rig this feels like! (also dig the subtle color matching)

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 7:31 Quote
Apostt wrote:

Cooles Video, lässig in Szene gesetzt!
Warum die roten Rollen am Schaltwerk?

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 7:36 Quote
Super cool pulley wheels on that Claymore build. Pulley Wheels: Leonardi Racing Sram Eagle Pulley - https://bit.ly/LeonardiPulley

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 7:58 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Yeah having to deal with electrical garbage on cars all day really turns me off of adding electronics on my bikes. Remember when cars were reliable (I.e. the 60's to late 1970s before all the latest electric safety and emissions crap)? Bikes might be going the same way as the automobile.

FTFY bruh... Wink

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 8:00 Quote
chunter wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

That’s why they still make bicycles! Just as fun as a moped without the bullshit

dude, we did some wrecked shit on mopeds back in the day though Eek

just a motorized version of stupid shit we did on bikes lol

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 9:05 Quote
adm750 wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
Yeah having to deal with electrical garbage on cars all day really turns me off of adding electronics on my bikes. Remember when cars were reliable (I.e. the 60's to late 1970s before all the latest electric safety and emissions crap)? Bikes might be going the same way as the automobile.

FTFY bruh... Wink

The 2005 Corolla was not made in that era, therefore you are incorrect lol

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 9:21 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
adm750 wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

FTFY bruh... Wink

The 2005 Corolla was not made in that era, therefore you are incorrect lol

shhhh...nor were the '06 Civics and Accords...lol...

no frills but no issues,,,,besides igniters lol

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 11:26 Quote
adm750 wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

FTFY bruh... Wink
my 2002 4Runner rapidly approaching 300,000 miles would disagree.

Posted: Dec 3, 2022 at 1:39 Quote
twonsarelli wrote:
Apostt wrote:

that was great. never seen a forest bike build before! glad to hear it rides so well. my highlander 150 with a 170mm fork was the best downhill bike i've ever ridden. i can only imagine what rig this feels like! (also dig the subtle color matching)

Thanks man! I also wouldn't expect high pivot philosophy to be this much impressive, I cannot imagine myself riding anything else in the future.

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020423
Mobile Version of Website