Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Dec 4, 2022 at 18:11 Quote
Hey guys and gals, wanted to show off my ongoing project of a Knolly Chilcotin 159 Raw. I've always loved the idea of not having to worry about paint so as I've built this rig up I've been polishing a lot of the parts to match the frame, looks pretty unique IMO. You can check out the full spec on Vitals bike check section as well. Let me know if there's anything I should do to it in the future!

Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 1:45 Quote
Kashima shock + dropper would be rad
Looks great in the snow!

Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 10:21 Quote
crookedspangus wrote:
Kashima shock + dropper would be rad
Looks great in the snow!
Not a bad idea, maybe some tan walls too

Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 0:22 Quote
Or ditch the kashima and go for grey zeb! Smile Tanwalls are always great also Smile

Posted: Dec 8, 2022 at 15:11 Quote

First ride today. Have to tweak suspension, as well as power/torque settings in the app. Hayes Dominion brakes are excellent. DW Link is lively and playful. Dead silent bike, can't hear motor, cables, chain slap, derailleur, etc. Feels very light and nimble. Glad I went with a size up too!

Posted: Dec 8, 2022 at 15:25 Quote
Put the new cranks/chainring on. Same length and material as the previous eewings so I'm not expecting to feel any difference apart from the aesthetics, which I like more.
Now see if I can find time to ride this weekend and hope the new stem arrives soon, and actually fits in my weird set up.

Posted: Dec 8, 2022 at 16:23 Quote
gaaahdamn bitelio....
Geek

fredro....just wow.Pimp

to both Salute

Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 1:45 Quote
2 very sick bikes there.

I actually want to fly to NY to steal Fredro's from his house. Dreamy. If I was to get an ebike something like the Shuttle or the Fuel Exe would probably be my choice - I see a lot of potential in these lighter weight ebikes.

Bitelio's is a super interesting build - so many parts to geek out about. Is that a dward designs chainring? Trickstuff brakes? and what size are the rotors?

Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 2:26 Quote
and where are your shifter/dropper remote?

Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 2:34 Quote
tom666 wrote:
2 very sick bikes there.

I actually want to fly to NY to steal Fredro's from his house. Dreamy. If I was to get an ebike something like the Shuttle or the Fuel Exe would probably be my choice - I see a lot of potential in these lighter weight ebikes.

Bitelio's is a super interesting build - so many parts to geek out about. Is that a dward designs chainring? Trickstuff brakes? and what size are the rotors?
Thank you, much appreciated.
That's the beaty of bikes, that there are so many different types and we all have different likes and dislikes.
I am not into e-bikes, but that Pivot looks nice, mostly because it does not look like an e-bike!!

Yes, the chainring is from Dward designs. I love his work and I like supporting small brands.
The brakes are a mix of Direttisiima levers with Maxima callipers.
Rotors are the Intend Aero 203mm front and rear.

Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 3:14 Quote
Bitelio wrote:
tom666 wrote:
2 very sick bikes there.

Thank you, much appreciated.
That's the beaty of bikes, that there are so many different types and we all have different likes and dislikes.
I am not into e-bikes, but that Pivot looks nice, mostly because it does not look like an e-bike!!

Yes, the chainring is from Dward designs. I love his work and I like supporting small brands.
The brakes are a mix of Direttisiima levers with Maxima callipers.
Rotors are the Intend Aero 203mm front and rear.

Very nice!

Dward does lots of the CNC work for my Morph Cycles bikes. Top guy!

I posted frame 008 ten pages ago

This is frame 003 which was the first one Dward did the CNC for

I'd love a set of Trickstuff brakes at some point. No problems at all with XT M8120s, the Trickstuff ones are just cool.

How are you getting on with the Ti hardtail? and what does it weigh?

Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 3:35 Quote
Wow! That's a beauty!! Sorry, I was drooling on your website. Excellent work!

Well, I'm a big fan of hardtails (my lower back is not, I'm getting old!) and I've always desired having a Titanium frame since the mid-90s (Merlin, Kona Hei-Hei, etc....were my dream back in the day) so, as the kiddos would say, I'm stoked!!!

Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 4:15 Quote
Nice dude Salute

I was riding a hardtail late 2021 and a lot of 2022. I decided to make it my main bike and try to commit to riding a hardtail for a while. It was interesting. To start with it held me back - sections I had no problem with on full sus were much harder. Then I got used to the hardtail and started to really push on - got to the point I was doing almost everything on the hardtail I did on the full sus and even a ticked off a couple of new things. It improved how I use my arms and legs to ride and made me a better judge of grip and rear wheel placement.

Then I switched back to full suspension and couldn't get use to that for a while - most of the second half of 2022 has just been getting used to full sus again.

I'm now at a point where I'm used to full suspension again - and still feeling the benefits of all that time on a hardtail. I just need to maintain this now and not get lazy and complacent.

Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 10:53 Quote
Been picking days to ride when I can with all the rain we have been getting. Have to take them when we can get them. Continue to be impressed with the Topaz. Have a new Reeb SST on order, but wanted to try this shock on this frame. I have a new 23 HT frame waiting (warranty), but may end up selling it when the Reeb comes in. Also have a new DVO Diamond waiting too. Have a set of I9 Hydra Enduro S wheels that I want to swap rims with some WAO Convergence. That will likely be spring, though.

Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 11:11 Quote
gmoss wrote:
Been picking days to ride when I can with all the rain we have been getting. Have to take them when we can get them. Continue to be impressed with the Topaz. Have a new Reeb SST on order, but wanted to try this shock on this frame. I have a new 23 HT frame waiting (warranty), but may end up selling it when the Reeb comes in. Also have a new DVO Diamond waiting too. Have a set of I9 Hydra Enduro S wheels that I want to swap rims with some WAO Convergence. That will likely be spring, though.

looks shreddy! what happened that got you a warranty from SC?

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.025226
Mobile Version of Website