Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: May 23, 2012 at 20:50 Quote
isaacds wrote:
pic with michelin wild race r. after a long ride in the loose...
I just had to join in the Enduro theme. I got excited.

I do believe I agree, a few may be in order. race is next weekend though, 104 in the saddle... that day I will surely have a great time, after the race that is...
How long do you plan on resting before the race? I say at least 4 days!

Mod
Posted: May 23, 2012 at 21:34 Quote
SoCalMX wrote:
isaacds wrote:
pic with michelin wild race r. after a long ride in the loose...
I just had to join in the Enduro theme. I got excited.

I do believe I agree, a few may be in order. race is next weekend though, 104 in the saddle... that day I will surely have a great time, after the race that is...
How long do you plan on resting before the race? I say at least 4 days!
serious question?
I'll probably do one more big day this sat, maybe 50+ on dirt, then do the same on the road on sunday with lots of climbing(partially for the altitude, and partially to get out of the heat. then I'll cruise for like an hour on monday, and the same on tues. wednesday off, then a short easy ride thurs, and drive up on friday, 30-40 minute spin at the altitude of race, then start 7:00 am saturday morning. Pretty excited, I haven't done it solo yet. I've only been a part of a 4-man team which was 1 lap of 26 miles. I'm an extreme alternate for a friend's team, so I may have to help them, I think I'm good to go solo... Either way, I'll earn a "buckle" the prize for completing in under 8 hours is a 3x5 inch metal belt buckle with a bottle opener...

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 8:07 Quote
Did a relay race last spring. My leg was 46km of up and down in sandy soil. training before hand consisted of pinkbike videos, and some trail rides. early season was very wet, and I don't have a road bike. It was painful to say the least, but a lot of fun. Solo podium consisted of singlespeed ridged 29er riders. Those guys are a different breed for sure!!

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 10:03 Quote
stew325 wrote:
Did a relay race last spring. My leg was 46km of up and down in sandy soil. training before hand consisted of pinkbike videos, and some trail rides. early season was very wet, and I don't have a road bike. It was painful to say the least, but a lot of fun. Solo podium consisted of singlespeed ridged 29er riders. Those guys are a different breed for sure!!

I think their choice of bike suited the application better than yours.

Good effort though, with no training and all.

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 10:14 Quote
cyfa89 wrote:
stew325 wrote:

I think their choice of bike suited the application better than yours.

Good effort though, with no training and all.

No these were steep ups and downs for most of the course. These were pretty hardcore xc racers. Which I am definately not. haha

Mod
Posted: May 25, 2012 at 13:06 Quote
My buddy does this race on a 29er ss as well... his 4th lap last year was only 3 minutes slower than his first...

Stew- Glad to see you chose the proper training regiment! lol

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 13:21 Quote
Im racing mountain mayhem 24 hour race in June as a team of 4, im hoping the track will be slightly fun so I enjoy riding it

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 13:41 Quote
PMayhew99 wrote:
Im racing mountain mayhem 24 hour race in June as a team of 4, im hoping the track will be slightly fun so I enjoy riding it

Ive heard only good things about mountain mayhem.

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 15:26 Quote
My Mongoose Teocali Super
Revelation RL Two Step
Monarch RT3
ZTR Crest Wheels
Schwalbe Fat Albert 2.4 UST
SRAM X9 shifters,derailleurs,crankset 2x10
Avid Elixir 5
Easton Haven seatpost,stem,bar
Atherton Ti saddle
photo
photo

O+
Posted: May 25, 2012 at 16:07 Quote
nice goose! id say with a chain guide that would be one perfect bicycle

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 16:12 Quote
Yes sir I meant to put that im in the midst of shopping around for one. Thanks

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 16:25 Quote
My Norco Bushpilot 2010 With Serious Upgrade
Norco Bushpilot With Serious Upgrade
Norco Bushpilot With Serious Upgrade

Posted: May 26, 2012 at 5:41 Quote
Mine.

Here........
Mondraker Dune

O+
Posted: May 26, 2012 at 7:33 Quote
GT Force 1.0

GT Force 1.0

GT Force 1.0 Upgraded with MRP 2x10 and Marzocchi Roco RC

Posted: May 26, 2012 at 8:18 Quote
My new Ride
photo

Why doesnt the picture show on the screen ???????????????????????????

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028978
Mobile Version of Website