Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Author Message
Posted: May 23, 2012 at 20:50 Quote
isaacds wrote:
pic with michelin wild race r. after a long ride in the loose...
I just had to join in the Enduro theme. I got excited.

I do believe I agree, a few may be in order. race is next weekend though, 104 in the saddle... that day I will surely have a great time, after the race that is...
How long do you plan on resting before the race? I say at least 4 days!

Posted: May 23, 2012 at 21:34 Quote
SoCalMX wrote:
isaacds wrote:
pic with michelin wild race r. after a long ride in the loose...
I just had to join in the Enduro theme. I got excited.

I do believe I agree, a few may be in order. race is next weekend though, 104 in the saddle... that day I will surely have a great time, after the race that is...
How long do you plan on resting before the race? I say at least 4 days!
serious question?
I'll probably do one more big day this sat, maybe 50+ on dirt, then do the same on the road on sunday with lots of climbing(partially for the altitude, and partially to get out of the heat. then I'll cruise for like an hour on monday, and the same on tues. wednesday off, then a short easy ride thurs, and drive up on friday, 30-40 minute spin at the altitude of race, then start 7:00 am saturday morning. Pretty excited, I haven't done it solo yet. I've only been a part of a 4-man team which was 1 lap of 26 miles. I'm an extreme alternate for a friend's team, so I may have to help them, I think I'm good to go solo... Either way, I'll earn a "buckle" the prize for completing in under 8 hours is a 3x5 inch metal belt buckle with a bottle opener...

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 8:07 Quote
Did a relay race last spring. My leg was 46km of up and down in sandy soil. training before hand consisted of pinkbike videos, and some trail rides. early season was very wet, and I don't have a road bike. It was painful to say the least, but a lot of fun. Solo podium consisted of singlespeed ridged 29er riders. Those guys are a different breed for sure!!

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 10:03 Quote
stew325 wrote:
Did a relay race last spring. My leg was 46km of up and down in sandy soil. training before hand consisted of pinkbike videos, and some trail rides. early season was very wet, and I don't have a road bike. It was painful to say the least, but a lot of fun. Solo podium consisted of singlespeed ridged 29er riders. Those guys are a different breed for sure!!

I think their choice of bike suited the application better than yours.

Good effort though, with no training and all.

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 10:14 Quote
cyfa89 wrote:
stew325 wrote:
Did a relay race last spring. My leg was 46km of up and down in sandy soil. training before hand consisted of pinkbike videos, and some trail rides. early season was very wet, and I don't have a road bike. It was painful to say the least, but a lot of fun. Solo podium consisted of singlespeed ridged 29er riders. Those guys are a different breed for sure!!

I think their choice of bike suited the application better than yours.

Good effort though, with no training and all.

No these were steep ups and downs for most of the course. These were pretty hardcore xc racers. Which I am definately not. haha

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 13:06 Quote
My buddy does this race on a 29er ss as well... his 4th lap last year was only 3 minutes slower than his first...

Stew- Glad to see you chose the proper training regiment! lol

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 13:21 Quote
Im racing mountain mayhem 24 hour race in June as a team of 4, im hoping the track will be slightly fun so I enjoy riding it

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 13:41 Quote
PMayhew99 wrote:
Im racing mountain mayhem 24 hour race in June as a team of 4, im hoping the track will be slightly fun so I enjoy riding it

Ive heard only good things about mountain mayhem.

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 15:26 Quote
My Mongoose Teocali Super
Revelation RL Two Step
Monarch RT3
ZTR Crest Wheels
Schwalbe Fat Albert 2.4 UST
SRAM X9 shifters,derailleurs,crankset 2x10
Avid Elixir 5
Easton Haven seatpost,stem,bar
Atherton Ti saddle

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 16:07 Quote
nice goose! id say with a chain guide that would be one perfect bicycle

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 16:12 Quote
Yes sir I meant to put that im in the midst of shopping around for one. Thanks

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 16:25 Quote
My Norco Bushpilot 2010 With Serious Upgrade
Norco Bushpilot With Serious Upgrade
Norco Bushpilot With Serious Upgrade

Posted: May 26, 2012 at 5:41 Quote
Mine.

Here........
Mondraker Dune

Posted: May 26, 2012 at 7:33 Quote
GT Force 1.0

GT Force 1.0

GT Force 1.0 Upgraded with MRP 2x10 and Marzocchi Roco RC

Posted: May 26, 2012 at 8:18 Quote
My new Ride


Why doesnt the picture show on the screen ???????????????????????????


 
Active Forum Threads
3 mins ago - Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
15 mins ago - Post your Propain!
32 mins ago - The Post your DH bike thread.
37 mins ago - Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
42 mins ago - Dawn Till Dusk (OVER 9000 PAGES!!!)
46 mins ago - Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
54 mins ago - SWINDON Trails
1 hours ago - Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
1 hours ago - Steel is Real (Steel Bikes Only Thread).
2 hours ago - Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
2 hours ago - Bike protection on hitch mounted rack
2 hours ago - Renthal Fatbar Lite V2 black handlebars M186-01-BK - red logo - removing
2 hours ago - Shimano xt - any downsides to metallic pads (vs resin)?
2 hours ago - Converting Specialized Stmpjmpr (‘16) to 1x11: What Cranks? Hub change?
2 hours ago - Patrol internal cable port cover screws
2 hours ago - Crank witdh DH vs AM/Enduro
4 hours ago - The morzine-les gets thread
5 hours ago - REpOrT::gENUINE LOST LOVE SPELLS CASTER IN SANDTON +27761923297 POLOKWANE/MAURITIUS/KENYA/DURBAN/KIMBERLEY
5 hours ago - 100% eFFECTIVE lOST lOVE sPELLS +27761923297 IN GRENADA//PAPUA NEW GUINEA/USA/MALTA/BELGIUM/LOS ANGELS/POLAND/ARGENTINA
5 hours ago - POWERFUL lOST lOVE SpELLS IN SERBIA +27761923297KOSOVO=TEXAS=GEORGIA=ALABAMA=NEW JERSEY=ILLNOIS
5 hours ago - HoW To bRING bACK LOST LOVE +27761923297 IN KEMPTON PARK//PRETORIA//CAPE TOWN//TEMBISA//MIDRAND/RANDBURG/DURBAN
5 hours ago - SpElLs:+27761923297 POWERFUL LOST LOVE SPELLS IN CANADA//NAMIBIA/KENYA/USA/MICHIGAN/JAMAICA/GREECE/ATHENS
5 hours ago - TaG:0027(761923297)LOST LOVE SPELLS IN UK/LONDON/FINLAND/AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND/FLORIDA
6 hours ago - Sexiest DH bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
6 hours ago - Rescan all my rides

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008785
Mobile Version of Website